[3.13] Aziire's CwC Hydrosphere Elementalist - Maven Ez Clap | Ritual League Starter

"
llindvior wrote:
Sorry I don't get the part with Call of the Brotherhood. Why is changing from lightning damage to cold good? Isn't it just.... damage?

From what I understand...

Freeze procs and duration are based on the amount of damage you deal to an enemy and has a minimum duration required to actually proc. Crits have a 100% chance to freeze, but you still need to meet the minimum requirement for duration based on damage amount.

As we don't actually have innate cold damage from anything except Hydrosphere and Herald of Ice damage buffs which is fairly small, CotB basically lets us consistently trigger the Freeze proc from our main damage source (Storm Burst) on crits, which causes Herald of Ice explosions and Inpulsa's triggers when an enemy dies.

Basically, it greatly assists with pack clear and doesn't really lower the DPS since we don't take many SPECIFIC damage type increases on the passive tree. At least, that's from my understanding. Ariize can correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by SA_Lumis on Jan 20, 2021, 10:08:26 AM
I just tested divine ire and the build feels much better that way.

Higher dps, you can snipe and move making the build less stationary and the bosses are smoother.

Doing T5-6 right now and everything is easy so far. Cant wait to get a 6L inpulsa and ramp to red maps.

Clusters were a huge improvement.

I do think Divine Ire may be an overall upgrade. The Divergent alternate quality adds up to 20% phys converted to cold too which doesn't hurt though wouldn't necessarily mean not having a Call of the Brotherhood equipped. Going Divine Ire would also probably not require skill duration on passives and other sources since it seems to generally affect Storm Burst (more passives can be allocated for survivability or dps).
"
reciprocate wrote:
I do think Divine Ire may be an overall upgrade. The Divergent alternate quality adds up to 20% phys converted to cold too which doesn't hurt though wouldn't necessarily mean not having a Call of the Brotherhood equipped. Going Divine Ire would also probably not require skill duration on passives and other sources since it seems to generally affect Storm Burst (more passives can be allocated for survivability or dps).

That's what I wanted to know about divine ire as well, does skill effect duration have any impact on it?
Nvm. Cant delete so i edit.
Last edited by Dziulatex on Jan 20, 2021, 12:01:50 PM
"
SA_Lumis wrote:
"
llindvior wrote:
Sorry I don't get the part with Call of the Brotherhood. Why is changing from lightning damage to cold good? Isn't it just.... damage?

From what I understand...

Freeze procs and duration are based on the amount of damage you deal to an enemy and has a minimum duration required to actually proc. Crits have a 100% chance to freeze, but you still need to meet the minimum requirement for duration based on damage amount.

As we don't actually have innate cold damage from anything except Hydrosphere and Herald of Ice damage buffs which is fairly small, CotB basically lets us consistently trigger the Freeze proc from our main damage source (Storm Burst) on crits, which causes Herald of Ice explosions and Inpulsa's triggers when an enemy dies.

Basically, it greatly assists with pack clear and doesn't really lower the DPS since we don't take many SPECIFIC damage type increases on the passive tree. At least, that's from my understanding. Ariize can correct me if I'm wrong.

CotB also combos well with atziri's promise and any other sources of % ele damage as chaos, since you get the extra damage at each step of conversion.
"
grilloarg wrote:
And for start freezing/shocking bosses ? ele weakness and exposure from hydrosphere is not really working.

Yeah honestly I'm not too sure myself. You need to be able to hit bosses for a single hit of at least 5% of their health. You also need to be critting this hit with cold damage if you want to freeze. The build has just kinda gone down the route of lowering their resistance as much as possible and tearing them down.

"
I've just hit 90 with a slightly tankier version. Pushing T12~ maps with about 15~ deaths. So probably not HC viable.
"

Phys Damage + single target are my current issues.
Anyone got thoughts on remedying this?

I'm thinking of dropping my boots for some hunter elusive boots with flat life,and buying a Watchers eye to convert the phys -> lightning

Rolling blind on a cluster jewels should hopefully give a big boost.

I am unsure of how good the amulet is, so might replace it with a +gems and flat life. They are so many good influenced mods that this shouldn't be too hard to get.

My shield is also trash, a %life on block might be good... Otherwise a +gems is always nice

------
My thoughts

I would also recommend trying out divine ire instead of storm burst, It's faster clear and you get bigger shocks on bosses.
I dropped shaper of storms for mastermind of discord which also helps against bosses.

Hypothermia is also a nice replacement for Conc. effect since I'm perma freezing and frozen==chilled

Yeah your gear is pretty damn good. I gave Divine Ire a test myself and it worked really well. It cleared Tier 15 very easily although when it came to vsing Drox it struggled. It couldn't maintain the consistent dps that Storm Burst could put out. For mapping though I think it is a great skill and will deal with generic bosses better.

Single target has been a bit of an issue for me as well. I dropped Herald of Thunder and switched to Hatred. As well converting the rest of my Phys damage with gloves. This helped a lot but there is still improvements to be made.

"
llindvior wrote:

The replies before me did a great job explaining the reasons why so I don't really need to go into it too much. Double dipping, freeze, scaling reasons are why we go for Call of the Brotherhood.

"
patrickvibild wrote:
I just tested divine ire and the build feels much better that way.

Higher dps, you can snipe and move making the build less stationary and the bosses are smoother.

Doing T5-6 right now and everything is easy so far. Cant wait to get a 6L inpulsa and ramp to red maps.

Clusters were a huge improvement.

Divine Ire was great on my test as well. I still need to get Clusters myself D:

"

The Phys Converted is actually not good for us. If we convert to Lightning first it scales better for us as we convert to cold afterwards anyway. Converting to cold just cucks us out of extra damage we could have scaled in the Lightning portion (Phys > Lightning > Cold > Fire > Chaos).

The skill effect duration is actually a super smart pickup that I kinda forgot about. If we did switch to Divine Ire we could save quite a few points and even switch up the tree quite a bit, not having to travel so far.
Unless they changed Ire since its inception, I can't see it being too great aside from bosses, since you should be melting mob packs without needing to get too close with SB already. But if there are changes to be made to the tree regarding duration, guess I should avoid such things until then...
What about elemental equilibrum?
I noticed that if we replace Wrath with Hatred without changing anything else in PoB we get higher dps for both Storm Burst and Hydrosphere. Is there any reason we're not using it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info