[3.13] Bergerbrush's Cold Barrage Raider

Hello everyone! My name is Bergerbrush and this build is a part of my "Project Builds" where I try to make a viable Build out of every ascendancy in the game that can get you from zero to hero. My plan is that you should be able to start this Build with no investment or as a League Starter and work your way up to Red Maps on an extreme budget. Invest as you play along and be able to clear up to Red Maps including bosses and later with heavier investment be able to clear mostly all endgame content.

If you have any questions regarding the Build or suggestions feel free to contact me in my Twitch Stream as I am a Fulltime Streamer.

https://www.twitch.tv/bergerbrush

Pros and Cons

+ Great Map Clearing
+ Good Single Target DPS
+ Good overall Defenses
+ Fast & Fun Playstyle
+ Pretty good for Delving
+ Can do basicly all map mods

- Requires pretty heavy investment lategame
- Low HP Pool
- Barrage requires actual Aim

What is Project Builds?

Spoiler

Project Builds is a Project I made where I try to make a decent Build out of every Ascendancy in the game that is playable for anyone at any given point in the league to where you can build your character out of nothing and work your way through all the content in the game.

I will try to make different Leveling Guides for every Character in the game and then the Build Guides such as this one takes of from us Killing Act 10 Kitava. Where you can start mapping with ease in White Maps and work your way up to Early Red Maps. Then I will continue to guide you with upgrading your character to finish the whole Atlas and then progressively work your way towards finishing nearly all Content in Path of Exile.

It needs to be said though that some Ascendancies perform better than others. And most of the time it completely depends on your current investments. For example this Build is the "Trickster" ascendancy. And Tricksters generally have a mix of good DPS/Utility and good defenses. Our Ascendancy choices in this character gives us Stun Immunity, great evasion, good energy shield and an overall great damage boost to Over-Time Damage.

I also do my best to stay away from the classic Meta skills as much as I can. Therefor you will not be seeing "Cyclone Skill" for every single character but may still see them sometimes.

Information about the Build

Spoiler

What can you expect?

The Raider ascendancy utilizes Frenzy Charges, Phasing or Onslaught paired with a lot of Dodge/Evade. In this case we utilize the Elemental Damage Exposure and Frenzy Charges to gain a high amount of Cold Damage to our Barrage or Ice Shot.

We have a substaionally high amount of Dodge and Evasion in the build and also our ascendancy choices grant us Elemental Ailment Immunity so we don't have to care about being Chilled, Frozen, Ignited or Shocked and allows for a more simple and fast paced playstyle.

"Phase 1" should get you through T1-T10 maps atleast. You need to invest a little bit into some very Cheap Uniques and a bit of filler gear to start the base of your character and then you will progressively work your way through white, yellow and red maps as your character and your skill gems level up.

"Phase 2" we take all the currency we generated and start investing more into the character to increase its overall defensives and single target DPS and start working up towards Tier 16 maps.

"Phase 3" Even more currency generated we start working at the min-max part version of the Build and we push our character so we can start doing all endgame content.

What kind of playstyle is this?

With the high amount of Movement Speed granted by our Ascendancy Node "Way of the Slaughter" and the easy clearspeed of using Ice Shot with Mirage Archer it basicly becomes a run through the map in a very high speed and clear everything until you get to the boss where you want to swap over to Barrage and play a more up close playstyle for bosses.

For bosses we do have a high amount of Dodge and Evade but still want to do our best to avoid mechanics while also hugging the boss for maximum damage with the Skill Tree Node "Point Blank" which increases our damage if our arrows has not travelled far.

The only downside to this Build is the drawback from the Hopeshredder Bow. It gives us an insane amount of Cold Damage based on our Frenzy Charges but it also gives us a Cold Damage degen. The way we combat this mechanic is by having a little bit of Life Regen, using a Stone Golem and we also Leech HP from enemies when we attack.

Showcasing & Videos

Spoiler

GIF & Videos about the Build showcasing Bossing/Map Clear/Build overall and so on :)

Leveling Guide

Spoiler

I will update and finalize this section better in the Future

GEAR: Use any generic Leveling Gear such as Tabula Rasa, Wanderlust, Quill Rain, Hyrri's Bite & so on.

SKILL GEMS: For early leveling I suggest Caustic Arrow from start and then Toxic Rain since it performs exceptionally well early on.

Then a little bit later swap over to Rain of Arrows and Barrage for single target and start using Elemental Damage for these.

Phase 1 - Act 10 Kitava to Early Red Maps

Spoiler

Congratulations! You made it past Act 10 Kitava and are now ready for the Endgame in Path of Exile. Make sure to watch these videos below if you do not know how to prepare for the Endgame or where to start!

Here is a Video to help you Prepare for Mapping after Defeating Act 10 Kitava!

And Here is a Quick Video regarding the new Atlas Skill Tree's

Bandits Quest in Act 2

Spoiler

Your 2 options in the "Deal with the Bandits" quest in Act 2.

Either KILL ALL Bandits and recieve 2 Skill Points from Eramir

This is good because we can utalize 2 More Skill Points in our Skill Tree for more damage or life, or other good Skill Nodes.

And your second choice is..

SAVE ALLIRA Saving Alira and Killing the other 2 Bandits will give us a hidden buff from Alira that gives 5 Mana Regenerated per second & +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier & +15% to all Elemental Resistances

This is also good because for League Starts it can be really good to get some extra Resistances as it is usually very tough to balance your resists after killing Act 10 Kitava.

It is also good overall for builds such as ours where we perhaps use a lot of Unique Items that doesn't give us Elemental Resistances and we rely on very few Gear pieces to get our resistances up. Alira also gives a decent damage boost from the Global Critical Strike Multiplier and the Mana Regeneration is OK in some situations.

Ascendancy

Spoiler

Video of Labyrinth & Trials Explanation

1st / Normal Labyrinth: Way of the Poacher
2nd / Cruel Labyrinth: Avatar of the Slaughter
3rd / Merciless Labyrinth: Quartz Infusion
4th / Eternal Labyrinth: Avatar of the Veil

Skill Tree & Path of Building

Spoiler

Phase 1 Skill Tree ~ Level 85

Phase 1 PoB ~ Level 85:

Gem Links

Spoiler

IMPORTANT - You always wanna try to keep your Gems atleast Level 20 with 20% Quality unless I specifically say something different. If the Gems in this Guide don't have 20/20 Gems it is because I don't have those myself and can therefor not link them in this Guide.

5 Link Ice Shot - Map Clearing Skill

6-Link Ice Shot - Map Clearing Skill

5 Link Barrage - Bos Killing Skill

6-Link Barrage - Boss Killing Skill

Auras & Assassin's Mark

Until you can afford an Enlighten Level 3 I suggest lowering the Precision if you feel like mana sustain is an issue.

I later set my Precision to level 7 when I had my Enlighten 3 because I felt like it was a good balance for my mana sustain.

Level 12 Assassin's Mark GEM HERE

Selfcast Assassin's Mark on Bosses to gain a massive DPS increase. Don't level Assassin's Mark higher than level 12 unless you can handle the Intelligence Requirement.

Movement Skills

Cast when Damage Taken Setup

Utility & Extra

We keep our Stone Golem active most of the time to help combat the HP loss from the Hopeshredder Bow.

It is very IMPORTANT that you use "Vaal Grace" and not use the Aura itself, but only the Vaal Version of the Skill.

Gear

Spoiler

- Weapons -

CHEAP - Death's Harp is not too expensive and still a great choice for us since it has a lot of damage and adds another projectile as well which works great with Barrage DPS and the clearspeed with Ice Shot.

- Quiver -

CHEAP - Drillneck is a good Quiver to start with as it adds Life & Attack Speed. Otherwise you can pickup a Rare Quiver that also has Life & Attack Speed with maybe some resists if you need.

- Body Armour -

CHEAP - Tabula Rasa for a 6-Link or pick up a high evasion Rare with life & resists if you wish to. Otherwise you can pickup a 5-6 Linked Hyrri's Ire if you can afford one.

- Helmet -

CHEAP - Any rare helmet with life and resists is what we aim for here. If it has Strength or Intelligence on it is a bonus since we struggle to get those stats.

-Amulet-

CHEAP - Preferably a Lapis Amulet for the Intelligence. But mainly we want Life, Resists and Critical Strike Multiplier or Critical Strike Chance if possible.

ANNOINT - Annoint "True Strike" for more damage.

Clip of me Explaining how to Annoint your Amulet

- Rings -

CHEAP - Same as Amulet we focus on Life & Resists for now on Rings as well. Also Strength and Intelligence once again if possible.

- Gloves -

CHEAP - Life & Resist gloves and preferably an open Prefix to craft "Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage"

- Belt -

CHEAP - Any Belt with Life & Resists is what you want.

- Boots -

CHEAP - Darkray Vectors are cheap and very strong for this Build as it gives Lightning Resistance, Movement Speed & Attack Dodge per Frenzy Charge and it also gives +1 Frenzy Charges.

- Flasks -

CHEAP~MEDIUM Prize I suggest getting atleast an Anti-Curse and Anti-Bleed. Also get an Atziri's Promise flask as it gives us a good amount of Damage, Life Leech and Chaos Res.

The Dying Sun Flask can be quite expensive early on and can be purchased later if you can't afford it at the time. But the Dying Sun Flask is extremely strong since it adds 2 additional projectiles and the way that Barrage works is that more projectiles=more arrows and more arrows is a ton more damage.

- Jewels -

Medium to Expensive - The Lioneye's Fall Jewel should be your first priority and you should slot it in the Jewel Slot right above "Acrobatics". This then allows you to skill the Claw Nodes leading up to
"Soul Raker"

The Intuitive Leap jewel can be quite expensive as well and can be purchased at a later stage when you can afford it. It is also mainly just a QoL Jewel to save some skill points for Phase 3 basicly.

Phase 2 - Tier 16 & Early Bossing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phase 2 Skill Tree ~ Level 90

PoB for Phase 2:

Main Item Upgrades

Spoiler

6-LINK HOPESHREDDER, VOIDFLETCHER & PANDEMONIOUS & ENLIGHTEN 3

Phase 3 - All Endgame Content

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phase 3 Skill Tree ~ Level 95

PoB for Phase 3: https://pastebin.com/EUAW50bD

Main Item Upgrades

Spoiler

6-Link Hyrri's Ire, Assassin's Mark Ring paired with Mark of the Elder Steel Ring.

Last edited by Bergerbrush on Feb 18, 2021, 7:53:49 AM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2021, 6:40:48 PM
RESERVED
Hi, I'm interested in this build. However the link for the skill tree doesn't take you to the correct page. Is there any way to see the skill tree other than P.O.B?
Thanks for the build man. I loved your cyclone build so I decided to give this one a shot. Keep em coming and I'll keep playing em!
Hey I just got this build all together and I'm Really having a hard time not dying to the cold damage from hopeshredder, anything I can do about that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info