Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

"
Bv9000 wrote:
Has anyone tried to minmax with this idea and take it as far as it can go? Maybe that's against the spirit of the build but I like the core ideas and just wonder how far it can be taken. I'm a bit worried about how this will be able to handle red maps and especially bosses.

As for other things, if I have a problem it's how slow the build feels. I plugged in flame dash as a movement skill but the problem is actually the animate weapons themselves. They move very slowly and the AI feels weirder than that for other minions. Resummoning also takes a surprising amount of time, everything is linked to spellslinger so you have screen spam yet the lingering blades are barely visible on the ground and require near pin perfect mouseover to summon.

I have this problem also, try use Bladefall and no ethereal knives. Worked for me.
"
Jancela wrote:
"
thedoldii wrote:
how bladefall will trigger spellslinger?
i put the gem linked with despair, enfeeble and hextouch, but cannt reanimate the lingering blades. Ty for the build

You need to use a wand attack skill like Kinetic Blast (or Power Siphon, Frenzy, etc) to trigger Spellslinger. Bladefall should linked to Spellslinger not the hextouched curses.

understand, ty.
"
"
thedoldii wrote:
Spoiler
how bladefall will trigger spellslinger?
i put the gem linked with despair, enfeeble and hextouch, but cannt reanimate the lingering blades. Ty for the build
Hi thedoldii!

Thanks for the thanks! I can't see your character so I'm not sure exactly what the issue may be. For each Spellslinger gem you have, you have to activate as well. Pretend they are each an aura that needs to be turned on. Also, only once each Spellslinger gem is level 17 will all your mana reservation gems be able to be active at once.

Hopefully that solves the issue for you.

ok, thank u Master,i will try this. keep updating the build, pls.
Okay, yeah. Bladefall instead of Knives is a massive QoL improvement to the point I don't know why it wasn't listed as such in the OP guide.

I'm not entirely sure yet if I'll stick with this build. Even with Bladefall, the need to summon over a dozen individual blades with each and every area transition is just soul crushing, and raises questions about how it could run into pretty extreme trouble in delirium maps. It's all a problem with the skill, not the build. If it could summon three or four AW at a time instead of just one I feel it would be much better.
Last edited by Bv9000 on Jan 25, 2021, 5:34:19 PM
Hey Wrecker_of_Days! Thanks for the guide, I've been following it and I am at lvl 80 now, doing maps as usual but getting killed to some unfortunate attacks/mods. Builds like these are a godsend for me, since I don't want to force my hands due to lots os clicking and pianoing and I was tired of the Cyclone spin-to-win stuff.

I have a question though, why did you choose Kinetic Blast over the other wand attack options? Like Power Siphon and Kinetic Bolt (which are blue) or Barrage and Elemental Hit (which are green).

I get that the objective of this skill is to trigger Spellslinger and curse enemies, but I feel that Power Siphon is better for that purpose (since it can target multiple enemies in different directions). Barrage seems interesting too, but it's green.

So, did you have any specific reason to choose KB? Passed my eye over the entire thread and I didn't see this question, sorry if it's already answered.

Edit: I just saw that KB has AoE explosions and that helps, but PS has this 'tracking' mechanic, generates power charges and has Culling Strike, so I think it is (maybe) a better choice?

Thank you!
Last edited by Agmeuz on Jan 25, 2021, 5:30:59 PM
"
Agmeuz wrote:
Hey Wrecker_of_Days! Thanks for the guide, I've been following it and I am at lvl 80 now, doing maps as usual but getting killed to some unfortunate attacks/mods. Builds like these are a godsend for me, since I don't want to force my hands due to lots os clicking and pianoing and I was tired of the Cyclone spin-to-win stuff.

I have a question though, why did you choose Kinetic Blast over the other wand attack options? Like Power Siphon and Kinetic Bolt (which are blue) or Barrage and Elemental Hit (which are green).

I get that the objective of this skill is to trigger Spellslinger and curse enemies, but I feel that Power Siphon is better for that purpose (since it can target multiple enemies in different directions). Barrage seems interesting too, but it's green.

So, did you have any specific reason to choose KB? Passed my eye over the entire thread and I didn't see this question, sorry if it's already answered.

Edit: I just saw that KB has AoE explosions and that helps, but PS has this 'tracking' mechanic, generates power charges and has Culling Strike, so I think it is (maybe) a better choice?

Thank you!

I'm wondering if it might not be best to use Bladefall as the hex trigger skill instead of KB. We would have to give up Culling Strike, but, this isn't a build where we do damage ourselves really. Killing enemies at 10% life instantly is nice, but usually everything will either die quickly due to curse explosions or the AW. Bladefall also has a pretty big AOE that might help with hex application better than KB.

Doing this would basically free up an entire three link.

Edit: Unfortunately, I forgot Spellslinger requires certain projectile skills to trigger. Shame, this would have made the build so much more customizable.
Last edited by Bv9000 on Jan 25, 2021, 5:47:35 PM
"
Bv9000 wrote:
"
Agmeuz wrote:

Thank you!

I'm wondering if it might not be best to use Bladefall as the hex trigger skill instead of KB. We would have to give up Culling Strike, but, this isn't a build where we do damage ourselves really. Killing enemies at 10% life instantly is nice, but usually everything will either die quickly due to curse explosions or the AW. Bladefall also has a pretty big AOE that might help with hex application better than KB.

Doing this would basically free up an entire three link.

Edit: Unfortunately, I forgot Spellslinger requires certain projectile skills to trigger. Shame, this would have made the build so much more customizable.

I gave selfcasting Bladefall (and thus selfcasting Animate Weapon) a try from like mid story to mid-yellow maps and what hurts the worst is the lack of cast speed making it all seem very clunky. The lack of cast speed still makes Flame Dash feel awful but haven't decided on a better movement skill.
<3
"
Bv9000 wrote:
Has anyone tried to minmax with this idea and take it as far as it can go? Maybe that's against the spirit of the build but I like the core ideas and just wonder how far it can be taken. I'm a bit worried about how this will be able to handle red maps and especially bosses.

As for other things, if I have a problem it's how slow the build feels. I plugged in flame dash as a movement skill but the problem is actually the animate weapons themselves. They move very slowly and the AI feels weirder than that for other minions. Resummoning also takes a surprising amount of time, everything is linked to spellslinger so you have screen spam yet the lingering blades are barely visible on the ground and require near pin perfect mouseover to summon.

Just got to say movement speed for minions has helped a lot to get the Animate Weapons zipping around.

If in a trade league you can buy any wand with the veiled crafted trigger socketed gems affix and put desecrate and flesh offering in there as flesh offering will boost the minion's attack and movement speed.
<3
I'm curious as to what are people using as their movement skill with this. I've had Frostblink since it was my first movement gem to drop at the start of the league but I'm thinking of getting something else, like Phase Run maybe.
Any suggestions?
"
Bv9000 wrote:
Spoiler

Hey Bv9000!

In terms of content, I cleared the Atlas no problem in 3.12 with this current setup (with Profane Bloom at 25%). For me, it could do all the content no problem. Have you looked at the example video to give you an idea? And my gear?

In terms of the feel, there isn't much I can do there, that's Animate Weapon's clunkiness. Spellslinger actually has a really generous click range. You don't even have to click on visible items on your filter; they can be hidden! How I play this on PC is to only use my mouse for movement and I use Spacebar for Spellslinger. I just tap Spacebar all the time (slowly) and I've never worried about AW's stack count (though they do die sometimes).

Hopefully that helps.

Oh, just remember this is a Minion build with lots of minions. So the more spread out their damage, the slower the bosses fall.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info