Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah, for sure capping resists should be very manageable since we don't need any special modifiers on our gear - except DeX.

For those finding it difficult to run both Spellslinger bluffs as well as Temporal Chains, I suggest simply bypassing some other dps nodes on the passive tree until you have all mana related nodes activated. Also, look for +mana on your gears. I just now got a new 5L with decent mana roll and for the first time I can soam BF and still have mana for my movement skill flame dash.

Speaking of movement skill, this far I have been following the build verbatim - but in the back of my mind I have been obsessively thinking of adding Withering Step to this build. It was so OP last league using it to escape Heists post lockdown. Thoughts?
Totally dlvbrown1969!

Withering Step would be a perfect addition to the build, in my opinion. It's very safe. I love it. That or Phase Run. They are equal in my mind. Good thinking.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Vro wrote:
Spoiler
This build has me posting for the first time in over 4 years...congrats! It's perfect for my chill, extremely filthy casual playstyle.

That being said, fortune favored me with more exalts than usual (8, which is a lot for me), so I'd like to take things up a notch. I'm getting into late yellow maps, and I'm starting to have a few deaths, which makes me sad. I'm working on incorporating Fortress Covenant into my large cluster which should help with minion survivability. I usually get into trouble in ritual circles that are in tight quarters and don't allow me to move around much. The minions get squished and everything comes after me, but I usually can't regen the minions quickly enough.

There are a lot of different upgrades I could go after with my gear, but where should I prioritize? Here's the link: Wheeee!
Ya Vro!

What a privilege to get your first post in so long. Shucks, you're making me blush ;). I'm glad you're having a good time with the build and are having some sweet luck with the Exalts!

Ritual is really tricky in some circumstances. (I haven't played this build in Ritual.) Our survivability in tight quarters is highly dependant on both Enfeeble and Temporal Chains. Slowing enemies really helps a lot with the close enemies while "enfeebling" the distant enemies is huge too. That's obviously hard to guarantee when the screen is just a cluster of colours and non-stop movement. I learned pretty quickly that Ritual requires really picky map mod rolling. If monsters were less impacted by curses in a map in Ritual, it'd probably destroy us.

I think your rings would be next in line if you were shopping for an upgrade. Some Vermillion Rings with high life and decent resists. I like your gear though. It's all fantastic! After that it's just the Gloves and Boots. But honestly everything looks great. If you were looking to splurge, there's Redeemer shields that increase curse effectiveness or Hunter Helmets that give nearby enemies lower chaos resist...There's always somewhere to go, but things look good now too.

How's Frostblink for you? Do you always end up where you want? I like the Phasing skills myself. Slow but steady.

Does this help at all or did I miss the point?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah, for sure capping resists should be very manageable since we don't need any special modifiers on our gear - except DeX.

For those finding it difficult to run both Spellslinger bluffs as well as Temporal Chains, I suggest simply bypassing some other dps nodes on the passive tree until you have all mana related nodes activated. Also, look for +mana on your gears. I just now got a new 5L with decent mana roll and for the first time I can soam BF and still have mana for my movement skill flame dash.

Speaking of movement skill, this far I have been following the build verbatim - but in the back of my mind I have been obsessively thinking of adding Withering Step to this build. It was so OP last league using it to escape Heists post lockdown. Thoughts?
Totally dlvbrown1969!

Withering Step would be a perfect addition to the build, in my opinion. It's very safe. I love it. That or Phase Run. They are equal in my mind. Good thinking.

I have no experience with Phase Run. Is it new? Which do you prefer and why?

What I'm thinking is ...

Keep Flame Dash as my "oh crap - get out of jail free card".

Remove summon chaos golem and feeding frenzy from the 4 link. This leaves CWDT and Steelskin. Add either Withering Step or Phase Run. Not sure what to add as 4th gem in link. Something to extend the Withering Step or Phase Run Duration OR something to debuff enemies near me. ??? Looking at possible candidates: Increased Duration Support OR Contagion. Not really sure what else might be "good".

Then with Summon chaos golem needing a home, I can quick fix by parking it in an unset ring while leveling 4 support gems for, um, that one unique ring which allows it to "learn" a support when a gem is inside and leveled to 20. I forget the name of said ring. I've never used one either. Does quality of gem matter AT ALL for this unique? If I were to teach Saud ring bith Meatball and Feeding Frenzy, would the Animate Weapons gain Feeding Frenzy while the socketed Chaos Golem would be affected by Meatball? Obviously without CWDT to regulate the golem, I'd want lots of life and resists. Taunt is never bad if the choice is between it during or me.

Thanks. Thoughts? Be brutally honest. I'm just a newb and learning ... from you - the master.

Edit: speaking of learning. Two "duh" questions about this build ...

1) to get more dps from AW, gem level. equipment affixes and gems ... is that right? Ni other way?

2) my biggest "con" to this build is AW dont carry over from zone to zone. For instance, doing an Alva incursion can be quite harrowing. Porting inside - loading - surrounded by tons of mobs all targetting me because I have no minions summoned yet. Is there a better way?

Re-Edit: thoughts on replacing Culling Strike with Blind Support? Maybe in the future looking for an influenced chest with Blind on it, but I wonder how often Culling Strike "matters" whereas Blind would almost always be relevant ???
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Feb 6, 2021, 4:31:34 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:

2) my biggest "con" to this build is AW dont carry over from zone to zone. For instance, doing an Alva incursion can be quite harrowing. Porting inside - loading - surrounded by tons of mobs all targetting me because I have no minions summoned yet. Is there a better way?

Incursions do carry Animated Weapons through the time-portal. I just summon them all before entering (this is on PC - not sure if there might be a difference on console).

But you are correct that they don't carry over full zone changes. I've hit a wall because of this. I died in a Maven 6-way boss fight (I'd collected three bosses with nasty ranged attacks without noticing). But, of course, when I tried re-entering the fight through the next portal from my hideout, I start with no weapons and everything goes for me or my golem.

I try to find a safe-ish spot to start summoning AWs - my KB fires every .56s - but they are killed nearly as quickly. I can't stand still for more than a couple seconds at a time, and simply cannot get enough AWs up before I die again. This hurt XP a lot - I was near level 90 - now I'm back to start of level 89.

I like to play something different every league, and this was a fun build to play (thankyou WoD!) - but I'm going to reroll. Looking at bladeblast builds next...
Last edited by Cubittus on Feb 7, 2021, 6:00:49 AM
Wrecker you made me do it !!!!

Just hit 3rd week and had to try your build lol

Made a couple of changes to suit my playstyle so I removed a cwdt (if he dies... he dies), added herald of agony, socketed poison gloves to proc virulence from bladefall (almost instant 40 virulence stacks) and this is decimating screens at a time upto red maps.

Seems to be struggling in red maps because AW have low dps so taking a while to clear the screen tbh HoA seems to clear more than the AW do once you hit T13+

Included a POB for level 90 from there it probably just adding more and more life
https://pastebin.com/kKGyfLnU

Thoughts to share:
1} NEVER overlook talismans, bought the one I am wearing on my char for 10c !
40%+ all res, 88 life and charisma inherent !

2) Knockback for minions is hella fun combined with temporal chains at times you just lockdown mobs/bosses completely

3) don't be scared to off color sockets as it's easier and cheaper than you think (added some of this to the pob notes)

what do you think of the feasibility of running HoA as main damage?
looks like it has possibilities especially as you hit max virulence due to bladefall even in boss room!
~ If it moves, kill it ~
Last edited by 0nyX on Feb 7, 2021, 6:14:51 AM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
I have no experience with Phase Run. Is it new? Which do you prefer and why?

What I'm thinking is ...

Keep Flame Dash as my "oh crap - get out of jail free card".

Remove summon chaos golem and feeding frenzy from the 4 link. This leaves CWDT and Steelskin. Add either Withering Step or Phase Run. Not sure what to add as 4th gem in link. Something to extend the Withering Step or Phase Run Duration OR something to debuff enemies near me. ??? Looking at possible candidates: Increased Duration Support OR Contagion. Not really sure what else might be "good".

Then with Summon chaos golem needing a home, I can quick fix by parking it in an unset ring while leveling 4 support gems for, um, that one unique ring which allows it to "learn" a support when a gem is inside and leveled to 20. I forget the name of said ring. I've never used one either. Does quality of gem matter AT ALL for this unique? If I were to teach Saud ring bith Meatball and Feeding Frenzy, would the Animate Weapons gain Feeding Frenzy while the socketed Chaos Golem would be affected by Meatball? Obviously without CWDT to regulate the golem, I'd want lots of life and resists. Taunt is never bad if the choice is between it during or me.

Thanks. Thoughts? Be brutally honest. I'm just a newb and learning ... from you - the master.

Edit: speaking of learning. Two "duh" questions about this build ...

1) to get more dps from AW, gem level. equipment affixes and gems ... is that right? Ni other way?

Re-Edit: thoughts on replacing Culling Strike with Blind Support? Maybe in the future looking for an influenced chest with Blind on it, but I wonder how often Culling Strike "matters" whereas Blind would almost always be relevant ???
Hey dlvbrown1969!

Phase Run is quite old but Withering Step is new. I just like the boost of movement speed coupled with Phasing which both gems provide. I think I like Phase Run better because we have a history together ;).

In regards to the Unique Ring you speak of, I know which you're referring to but forget the name as well. I haven't used the ring myself so I can't help you there. Sorry. And though you likely explained your thoughts well, for some reason it's not really computing for me. So I'm having a hard time following the other changes you were mentioning.

You can increase DPS of AW by increasing AW level, increasing minion stats, and by increasing the amount of Chaos damage enemies take (like some influenced items or even the Serpentine Spellslinger tree node).

I agree with the clunkiness of AW. It's honestly not my favourite skill out there but once I found a grove with it, it became pretty natural. That's the life of duration skills for sure. It's different coming from the zombie side though.

Good thoughts regarding Blind and Culling. Very good. I like it. Blind has a small chance to be applied, so depending on how you allocate it with your changes it could be very useful!

Good post! Sorry I wasn't much help.

Annnnnd

"
Cubittus wrote:
Spoiler
Incursions do carry Animated Weapons through the time-portal. I just summon them all before entering (this is on PC - not sure if there might be a difference on console).

But you are correct that they don't carry over full zone changes. I've hit a wall because of this. I died in a Maven 6-way boss fight (I'd collected three bosses with nasty ranged attacks without noticing). But, of course, when I tried re-entering the fight through the next portal from my hideout, I start with no weapons and everything goes for me or my golem.

I try to find a safe-ish spot to start summoning AWs - my KB fires every .56s - but they are killed nearly as quickly. I can't stand still for more than a couple seconds at a time, and simply cannot get enough AWs up before I die again. This hurt XP a lot - I was near level 90 - now I'm back to start of level 89.

I like to play something different every league, and this was a fun build to play (thankyou WoD!) - but I'm going to reroll. Looking at bladeblast builds next...
Cool Cubittus!

Have fun! I appreciate the honest post. I hope your new build treats and suits you well!

Annnnnd

"
0nyX wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker you made me do it !!!!

Just hit 3rd week and had to try your build lol

Made a couple of changes to suit my playstyle so I removed a cwdt (if he dies... he dies), added herald of agony, socketed poison gloves to proc virulence from bladefall (almost instant 40 virulence stacks) and this is decimating screens at a time upto red maps.

Seems to be struggling in red maps because AW have low dps so taking a while to clear the screen tbh HoA seems to clear more than the AW do once you hit T13+

Included a POB for level 90 from there it probably just adding more and more life
https://pastebin.com/kKGyfLnU

Thoughts to share:
1} NEVER overlook talismans, bought the one I am wearing on my char for 10c !
40%+ all res, 88 life and charisma inherent !

2) Knockback for minions is hella fun combined with temporal chains at times you just lockdown mobs/bosses completely

3) don't be scared to off color sockets as it's easier and cheaper than you think (added some of this to the pob notes)

what do you think of the feasibility of running HoA as main damage?
looks like it has possibilities especially as you hit max virulence due to bladefall even in boss room
!
Haha! Hey 0nyX!

Welcome welcome :). Good post and suggestions! I hope your modifications work out well for you. They always seem to :).

HoA would likely work really well with the build if we removed AW and therefore Spellslinger(s). I'd likely have the Agony as a 6-link and just have Bladfall as the poison appliers with Kinect Blast still applying two curses. I don't know why, I'm just not a big fan of Agony personally. I think it's because I only like the skills that are on cooldown and not their standard attack. I'll play around with it and see. If you give it a shot I'd love to hear how it goes!

Annnnnd

In terms of priority, is it "worth it" to have any modifiers which help to keep minions alive? I mean, obviously in an ideal world we would, but since we have limited jewels and modifiers on equipment, we must prioritize. My feeling is that since we constantly are summoning and resummoning the AW, we should treat then as disposable - making sure they are tough enough to inflict maximum damage before dieing. If this is indeed the case, I would choose dps modifiers on my jewels as compared to life, defense and regen. I hope I'm right about this, but since it's your build, you know how it us supposed to function better than I do.

In regards to my previously poorly explained questions, let me rephrase:

If I link Feeding Frenzy and Meat Shield to my Summon Chaos Golem, what happens? The former makes minions aggressive while the latter is defensive. I'm hoping that the Feeding Frenzy buff would transfer to my AW and myself while the golem itself would adhere to the Meat Shield.

Separately, if I link CWDT to Steelskin and Phase Run, what is a good 4th gem? My instinct tells me Increased Duration but I am intrigued to know if something like Contafion would be a good choice as well.

Thanks for your valuable insight.

Oh, btw - you were right (and wrong) about me switching back and forth from Blafefall and EK. I had leveled up BF and when I tried to replace some gear with upgrades, the upgrades didn't have the DeX my older gear had. So, I ungemmed BF and replaced it with EK. I couldn't even finish the map. BF is just SOOOOOOOO much better. I'd rather have a level 5 BF than a level 20 EK.

Edit: one last thought....I am wondering if you or anyone using this build has tried adding a decent amount of LoH (Life on Hit). Seeing the vast number of our projectiles and how often we can spam them, my thought is that if we could find a way to add +50 life gained per hit, that would actually be HUGE and rather substantial to our survivability. It must not work like I imagine it does else it would be too OP

Edit: swapped out culling Strike for blind support. Cant notice any difference in enemies dieing slower, but I am not at top tier maps yet. I do notice my AW staying alive longer which in turn means my survivability is enhanced. There are none of Trade Board to view, but a quick Google search told mr that the Anomalous version of the Blind Support gem adds another 10% to chance to blind on hit (instead of the normal increased blinding duration which the normal gem has). Not sure how long a normal blind lasts and if it needs its duration extended. Seems to me that I will be trying to acquire the Anomalous version.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Feb 8, 2021, 10:19:24 PM
"
"
zolly90 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi again, a problem I am running into is with Temporal Chains, my Spellslinger gems are level 19 now, but with all the gems linked as per the list, I'm missing just a few % of mana to reserve for TC. Any clues? Thanks for all the work.
Hey zolly90!

If you make your character profile on the PoE website public, I can take a look and see what's up.

I think it's done, I just unchecked the "Hide Character Tab" from privacy settings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info