Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

How is this not game-breaking?

If you put in a socket granted by a cluster jewel you get: "Jewel Radius will not function in a socket added by a Cluster Jewel" and the tooltip will just give you the stats of the jewel without any of the drawbacks.

I've combined it with this:

and I am 397% minion damage modifier with 3 passive nodes to enable in that cluster jewel.
And I am probably going to add this to the other socket to keep minions from dying so much in Rituals:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quickening_Covenant

Wrecker,

In your where to find each gem section, which I love btw, you list Minion Life Support in Act 2. I do not see that gem listed in your actual gems that are used for this guide. Was this a typo or am I missing something?

I haven't played PoE in weeks, but decided today I might try the new league. This seems like a solid build so am trying it out.

As always, thanks and Happy Gaming
"
OinkOfDoom wrote:
Spoiler
My understanding of Decay is that it doesn't stack, unfortunately. So if your minions wail on a single enemy, that enemy only gets one instance of Decay (this is still scaled by multipliers for chaos, but still only one instance). Poison, on the other hand, has no theoretical cap on the amount of stacks on an enemy (given Vile Toxins and a lot of attack speed, does pile up).

I haven't tried using Void Manipulation though between Vile Toxins vs VM, I think given the really high AS of AW, Vile Toxins wins out.

I've tried using Withering Touch but ran out of mana reserve so Added Chaos got subbed for Phys-to-Lightning (of all things) -- didn't go as smoothly as previous setup. Ditto for using Swift Affliction. The final Occultist ascendancy (Withering Presence) does better than Withering Touch anyway. Am still not getting enough Uber Lab trials so not quite there yet.

I'd even tried respeccing the Ascendancy to go Bloom-->Void Beacon-->Withering Presence instead of Malediction second, but the squishiness bothered me so I went back to usual.
Hey OinkOfDoom!

Ya, this build is really dependant on its ascendancy nodes. Most other builds are simply improved by theirs, but this build NEEDS them. Good job trying things out! Hopefully the last trials come your way soon. It'll be awesome when they do. Good job with everything btw!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
MalaikatMaut wrote:
Spoiler
I'm not a build expert by any means, but I have been trying to squeak out some improved deeps and survivability. My profile is public if anyone would like to check the gem links I'm using. Gear is still complete trash, but leveling to this point has still been a breeze. I'd be interested in suggestions to push this further, with really no regard for the 1-button playstyle.

I see a lot of people making some of the same complaints, so I'll detail a few alterations I've made here -

I've skipped the tri-curse aspect, and run bladefall with hextouch, despair, and increased AoE in a 4 link. Could try faster casting or spell echo in place of the AoE, but this feels good so I haven't changed it up. Anyway, I've not had a need to temp chains because most bosses phase instantly and rituals/mob packs die in a huge curse pop anyway. Saves a handful of passives on the tree and the extra link to augment bladefall.

So for my second curse, I run enfeeble in a Rotblood Promise ring. It applies a self Curse in addition to applying a 50% Mana reduced blasphemy to the socketed curse gem. Since we're not worried about our own personal damage, the self enfeeble changes nothing. Curse uptime is huge for this build, and not having to stop every few seconds to apply curse on hit is a great QoL. Curse pops and general gameplay became crazy smooth, and it's a 1c unique in softcore trade. Well worth it if you can spare a ring slot and get the resists elsewhere.

I run vitality and stone golem. I'm not using spell slinger, so have no attacks to trigger Holy Relic. Vitality seems to keep me and the minions alive well enough.

I run Desecrate and Spirit Offering with Arcanist Brand. I get nearly 10% more DPS leveling them to 20, and it's still auto enough during boss fights or long rituals. Just recast the brand every now and again or skip it altogether for general mapping.

Again, check my profile for all the variations, and I'm interested in hearing other min/max ideas. Hopefully what I've found to work helps someone.

Nice set-up MalaikatMaut!

Looks cool! How do the zombies hold up in the higher tier stuff? Ok?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
RATONBOX wrote:
Spoiler
How is this not game-breaking?

If you put in a socket granted by a cluster jewel you get: "Jewel Radius will not function in a socket added by a Cluster Jewel" and the tooltip will just give you the stats of the jewel without any of the drawbacks.

I've combined it with this:

and I am 397% minion damage modifier with 3 passive nodes to enable in that cluster jewel.
And I am probably going to add this to the other socket to keep minions from dying so much in Rituals:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quickening_Covenant
Dang RATONBOX!

That's an awesome combo! Nice find!

Annnnnd

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker,

In your where to find each gem section, which I love btw, you list Minion Life Support in Act 2. I do not see that gem listed in your actual gems that are used for this guide. Was this a typo or am I missing something?

I haven't played PoE in weeks, but decided today I might try the new league. This seems like a solid build so am trying it out.

As always, thanks and Happy Gaming
Thanks dlvbrown1969!

Always a pleasure! I'm glad you like the section! Awesome to hear it :).

You found an error. I have since replaced it. Zombies used to be in this guide (in my head) with Minion Life and Meat Shield. I changed my mind at some point and didn't notice it was still in there. Sorry for the confusion.

Hopefully, you like the new league! My systems can't handle Ritual but apparently, it's fun for those that can.[/span

Annnnnd

"
"
MalaikatMaut wrote:
Spoiler
I'm not a build expert by any means, but I have been trying to squeak out some improved deeps and survivability. My profile is public if anyone would like to check the gem links I'm using. Gear is still complete trash, but leveling to this point has still been a breeze. I'd be interested in suggestions to push this further, with really no regard for the 1-button playstyle.

I see a lot of people making some of the same complaints, so I'll detail a few alterations I've made here -

I've skipped the tri-curse aspect, and run bladefall with hextouch, despair, and increased AoE in a 4 link. Could try faster casting or spell echo in place of the AoE, but this feels good so I haven't changed it up. Anyway, I've not had a need to temp chains because most bosses phase instantly and rituals/mob packs die in a huge curse pop anyway. Saves a handful of passives on the tree and the extra link to augment bladefall.

So for my second curse, I run enfeeble in a Rotblood Promise ring. It applies a self Curse in addition to applying a 50% Mana reduced blasphemy to the socketed curse gem. Since we're not worried about our own personal damage, the self enfeeble changes nothing. Curse uptime is huge for this build, and not having to stop every few seconds to apply curse on hit is a great QoL. Curse pops and general gameplay became crazy smooth, and it's a 1c unique in softcore trade. Well worth it if you can spare a ring slot and get the resists elsewhere.

I run vitality and stone golem. I'm not using spell slinger, so have no attacks to trigger Holy Relic. Vitality seems to keep me and the minions alive well enough.

I run Desecrate and Spirit Offering with Arcanist Brand. I get nearly 10% more DPS leveling them to 20, and it's still auto enough during boss fights or long rituals. Just recast the brand every now and again or skip it altogether for general mapping.

Again, check my profile for all the variations, and I'm interested in hearing other min/max ideas. Hopefully what I've found to work helps someone.

Nice set-up MalaikatMaut!

Looks cool! How do the zombies hold up in the higher tier stuff? Ok?

I'm still working toward higher end game content. My expectation is that they'll die because I lose a few here and there every now and again already. I'd love to run support spectres with blood magic, golem, feed frenzy or an animated guardian in place of zombies with minion life, but I think it's all too squishy. They're just low invest utility for now, so when they die I just recast. Any better ideas for min/max or for that 4 link spot with softcore trade in mind?
"
"
kendo3 wrote:
Spoiler
up to lvl 83 and running lower level maps. all was going really well until I ran Baran's map with all his lightning throwing minions. especially in the rituals, where there is little room to run, the animated weapons and golem got shredded, couldn't replace them fast enough and ended up being just me against them and that didn't end well :)

any suggestions, other than skipping rituals in areas like that? does it help to find things to boost minion life and resists? haven't worried much about doing that as generally, I am replacing AW so quickly they are always at 14

appreciate any suggestions
Dang. That sucks kendo3!

Profane Bloom is a major part of us surviving in close groups while Temporal Chains is to give us the time and space to raise a few minions. In terms of gear, I'd start prioritizing life rolls on you gear. Obviously it's a game of grinding and you can only equip what you find, but having some life rolls on gear will be a huge factor for you. So once they drop, try and find a way to make them work. Even try a 4link with life instead of a Tabula and see how that goes.

definitely enjoying the mass explosions of Profane Bloom. have 3 labs done, last one will be withering presence, which will be a big help with gearing as I am having trouble finding anything with chaos resist that has other usable attributes.
starting to build up a decent treasury, so will see what I can find with life to replace Tabula. that may also cascade into letting me swap out other items to get life instead of resists.
thank you for the suggestions
"
Right. None of those linked items work for minions. WE don't kill, or are very unlikely to kill. Our wand attack and Lingering Blade spell deal very little damage. The only reason Blind works for us is because Blind only needs a Hit to debuff the enemy, not a kill. Otherwise, if the item doesn't say, "Minion" or "Ally", it won't us...for the most part.

thank you for confirming. that's the way I was reading it and why I chose Moonsorrow. we won't kill much but we should get in a lot of hits.
long term goals are to find a jewel with chance for minions to blind and swap out moonsorrow for a convoking wand with some good minion mods. that's what keeps it interesting, always room to improve something :)

LoL, at least I am good for something.

In your guide, you mention your preference for Bladefall over Ethereal Knives. May I ask why? Thx
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Feb 3, 2021, 12:22:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info