[3.13] Burning Arrow Ignite Elementalist / ES Tree Added

Hey, i league started with this build and had quite a bit of fun, the damage is insane. However, the higher i got into maps i found myself getting more and more annoyed at the sheer luck playstyle of dodge. I bought a xoph's nurture for on hit life and a kaoms heart for more life but still found myself in the same squishy situation considering what this league mechanic and new maven interactions have to offer. I had some thought about making the build into CI which would completely fix all chaos problems and i had a good idea that by using the Soul strike quiver along with the Wicked Ward node we can have a pretty fast recharging and theoretically tanky build. Yes we do lose some damage but i think its much better for the build further into the atlas and especially wanting to push it into a8 sirus etc. When playing around with POB i was able to get 105% faster start of energy shield recharge which allowed us to recharge after 1 second of damage and 125% increased energy shield recharge rate. Along with a 8-9k ES pool which is easy to get with mediocre ES gear and it seemed pretty good however the DPS does fall off quite a bit but 10 mil dps is not needed for all content and is more just for speed i was able to reach around 3-3.5 mil dps however my tree was not optimal what so ever. Just wanted to know your thoughts and whether or not youve thought about making it CI. I tried a few different defence options but soul strike quiver along with wicked ward came out of top since dodge sucks and we cant really get good enough block chance using a bow.
"
WeNotFear wrote:
Hey, i league started with this build and had quite a bit of fun, the damage is insane. However, the higher i got into maps i found myself getting more and more annoyed at the sheer luck playstyle of dodge. I bought a xoph's nurture for on hit life and a kaoms heart for more life but still found myself in the same squishy situation considering what this league mechanic and new maven interactions have to offer. I had some thought about making the build into CI which would completely fix all chaos problems and i had a good idea that by using the Soul strike quiver along with the Wicked Ward node we can have a pretty fast recharging and theoretically tanky build. Yes we do lose some damage but i think its much better for the build further into the atlas and especially wanting to push it into a8 sirus etc. When playing around with POB i was able to get 105% faster start of energy shield recharge which allowed us to recharge after 1 second of damage and 125% increased energy shield recharge rate. Along with a 8-9k ES pool which is easy to get with mediocre ES gear and it seemed pretty good however the DPS does fall off quite a bit but 10 mil dps is not needed for all content and is more just for speed i was able to reach around 3-3.5 mil dps however my tree was not optimal what so ever. Just wanted to know your thoughts and whether or not youve thought about making it CI. I tried a few different defence options but soul strike quiver along with wicked ward came out of top since dodge sucks and we cant really get good enough block chance using a bow.
i actually did consider the same thing as I got into higher tier maps, (I ended up switching off BA bc i had a holy relic staff drop, but I plan to touch back to it later). If you can revise your ES setup I would love to put it into the guide as a pastebin!
"
WeNotFear wrote:

I took a quick glance of your character. Try getting vaal grace and a quartz flask, getting 75/75 dodge help your survivability a lot. If you get the golem ascendancy next, you can use chaos golems for pdr.

"
Omegaura wrote:
"
jbitz wrote:
So end game, hyrri ire is BiS for this build?

The added damage sure feels nice and the + dodge is a welcome boon. I imagine you can make up the damage in other places if you find an armor that seems to jive with the build.

not sure what that'd be though. Kintsugi is always good for defensives could always go Kaom's heart if you pick up exposure from a cluster jewel.

Thanks, I was thinking of using loreweave, but hyrri's ire was giving way more damage. Also yea, the dodge is really nice
Last edited by jbitz on Jan 19, 2021, 4:54:09 PM
CI variant posted
This was my league starter, and the issue I seem to be having is staying alive waiting on the damage to tick down. I'm about 2 million DPS on burn fully buffed, but with Wave being triggered, it doesn't hit every mob on screen, which leaves you face tanking at Rituals.

Act 6-10 I ran Scourge arrow, since it has a built in DoT multiplier and used burning arrow on bosses. But standing still in Rituals is a no go.

Right now I'm trying to 6 link my bow (I switched from Doomfletch to a 548 DPS Solarine a couple of levels ago) so I can do some testing with chest armor. I want to try Inplusa's since it is going to propogate a healthy burn around everything you kill. I have a Hyrri's Ire to test and also want to try an Eternity Shroud later in the league. Also Ashrend is a budget 6-7 link with a decent damage boost.

Just wanna say, this build is really fun. Im starting to push into red maps with ease, everything melts really fast. I changed up the tree a bit so I could start using cluster jewels, but yea.

Thanks for the build
Hi

Thanks for idea for build. Played Your version and was fine till t16. Tryed setup with 2xlarge 2xmedium clusters + kaom was little better but still not good enough. Third idea was to try stack golems for buffs and it was it.

My current setup have 9 golems, 1k regen, 50% phys reduction, 100% hit chance around 4m sirius dmg.

Gear
Spoiler

Since dps is fine i switch herald of thunder with flesh and stone.
On next levels will add more life should have around 6k. Can add glorious vanity for extra 1,7k es.

My setup
https://pastebin.com/RC0sqjpa

Level 100 plan
https://pastebin.com/iRtnwB7W
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
Last edited by sielma on Jan 20, 2021, 4:39:31 AM
"
sielma wrote:
Hi

Thanks for idea for build. Played Your version and was fine till t16. Tryed setup with 2xlarge 2xmedium clusters + kaom was little better but still not good enough. Third idea was to try stack golems for buffs and it was it.

My current setup have 9 golems, 1k regen, 50% phys reduction, 100% hit chance around 4m sirius dmg.

Gear
Spoiler

On next levels will add more life should have around 6k. Can add glorious vanity for extra 1,7k es.

My setup

Level 100 plan

out of curiosity, how are you getting 50% damage reduction? I have the relatively same golem amount and double eminence jewel and same minion traits but am only getting 28~ is it from meatshield???
"
Omegaura wrote:
"
sielma wrote:
Hi

Gear
Spoiler

My setup

Level 100 plan

out of curiosity, how are you getting 50% damage reduction? I have the relatively same golem amount and double eminence jewel and same minion traits but am only getting 28~ is it from meatshield???

got 31% Without granite flask. With flask on 66%
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
Have a regular build page?

Pastebin being a twat and not working, and I wanna level it :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info