[3.15] Elementalist Discharge | 3M+ DPS 10M+ total damage ignites | Purple and no Purple version

Im still pretty early game, having just hit T12 but i can feel my survivability hitting a ceiling.

What are the biggest defense upgrades to get so i dont get stomped on in ultimatums. I know how i could improve my damage but i'm not a rich player and feel like most upgrades are too expensive atm.

Besides that i was curious what the upsides are and how the mechanics work when you use farrul's fur. i get that it generates charges but is that enough already?
"
f4lkarion wrote:

What are the biggest defense upgrades to get so i dont get stomped on in ultimatums. I know how i could improve my damage but i'm not a rich player and feel like most upgrades are too expensive atm.

I just started this character and I know a lot of mana is already reserved but I've found trying to fit in an Aspect of Spider really helps for Ultimatums on other builds.. I'll probably end up running it and just turning off Skitterbots and flipping on Spider when I need more survivability. Just an idea.
"
f4lkarion wrote:
Im still pretty early game, having just hit T12 but i can feel my survivability hitting a ceiling.

Besides that i was curious what the upsides are and how the mechanics work when you use farrul's fur. i get that it generates charges but is that enough already?

I ain't the best player but i'll try to advise what helped me the most.
Usually at the start when im low on currency, what i'll do is the below.

Self-Ignite Way
-Get a Kaom heart
-Take mortal conviction and run only Malevolence aura (Spells uses life instead of mana at the expense of only able to run one aura)
-Take inexorable (25% chance for endu when hit) and a small cluster jewel with enduring composure (Gain 1 Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit)
-Use a Replica Reckless Defence Jewel for the 10% chance to self-ignite.
-Endurance charge generation will be a little clunky though.

Or

Voll Devotion Charge generation Way
No longer uses self ignite but helps with charge generation (My preferred route)
-Get a Kaom heart
-Take mortal conviction and run only Malevolence aura
-Use Voll's Devotion instead of Eye of Innocence (Gain an Endurance Charge when you lose a Power Charge)
-1 ring slot will be used for Romira Banquet (Gain a Power Charge on Non-Critical Strike and Lose all Power Charges on Critical Strike)

1.We use storm brand + Hextouch support + Flammability + Controlled Destruction Support (reduces critical strike chance). Storm brand will help us get power charges and when we lose it to a crit we get endurance charge as well.
2.Also don't have to worry about igniting from the thunder damage from power charges because any source of damage always ignites (Thanks to Shaper of Flames!)

-I run Elemancer for our ascendancy instead as the 100% elemental ailment avoidance is helpful.
-I drop Molten Shell and run Steelskin instead as our armor is too low for Molten to be good.
-I used a 6L Realm shaper for cheap at 15c and upgrade it using the prophecy (The Beginning and the End) until T16.

Best Defense
But to answer your question, Divine Flesh is the best upgrade defense wise imo as I can run t16 ultimatums without any issues at all. It will be costly to get the jewel and also gear with chaos res though.

Farrul Fur Mechanics
For Farrul Fur, we gain up to our maximum number of Frenzy and Power Charges when we gain Cat's Stealth (Cat stealth comes from aspect of the cat and this must be beastcrafted onto a rare). Mix this with voll devotion and we can get up to 15 charges and if you want to push even harder possibly get rings with max power/endu/frenzy charges + max frenzy charge on glove + max power charge on helm + max endu charge on boots.

Aspect of the cat alternates between two buffs and takes up to 5 secs each interval. To get charges faster we shorten the length of the buffs by socketing Swift Affliction Support + Less Duration Support on the armor that has aspect of the cat crafted on it. This will lower the duration of the buffs to 3 secs. That would mean we will get charges every 6 seconds instead of every 10 seconds.

EDIT: Some typos
Last edited by Ludrasiel on Apr 30, 2021, 2:41:52 AM
the arrogance support you have in the chest setup is that supossed to be life tap support?
"
Cyander wrote:

You can also start leveling as discharge at level 35 with Redblade Banner for easy endurance charges with enduring cry. I would suggest adding second wind to both for smoother clearing. But even at level 35 your discharge will easily deal with anything and everything.

What weapon would you use if you use discharge at 35 with redblade banner? Fireball and flamewall is working okay but I remember when I did the chieftain version I ran discharge very early.
Last edited by BL00DST41N3D on May 1, 2021, 12:51:50 PM
"
chri478n wrote:
the arrogance support you have in the chest setup is that supossed to be life tap support?

Yes it's supposed to be lifetap
"
BL00DST41N3D wrote:
"
chri478n wrote:

Yes it's supposed to be lifetap

cheers, i thought as much, had to make sure i wasn't doing something wrong since i couldn't see arrogance doing anything =P
Last edited by chri478n on May 1, 2021, 3:51:04 PM
"
BL00DST41N3D wrote:
"
Cyander wrote:

You can also start leveling as discharge at level 35 with Redblade Banner for easy endurance charges with enduring cry. I would suggest adding second wind to both for smoother clearing. But even at level 35 your discharge will easily deal with anything and everything.

What weapon would you use if you use discharge at 35 with redblade banner? Fireball and flamewall is working okay but I remember when I did the chieftain version I ran discharge very early.

You can run it smoothly once you have pick up Deep breaths and Escalation since we're not like Chieftains where we get 1 endu charge every sec after a warcry.

I use the unique Ashcaller wand for the wep as it has not too bad damage.

I'd usually rush to get voll devotion and romira banquet for even easier charge generation.
Last edited by Ludrasiel on May 2, 2021, 2:13:29 AM
Updated to 3.15

https://pastebin.com/edit/Qj2ALjnf

Changed gems a bit, Hypothermia makes an appearance as long as you run skitterbots.

Overall should still be ok, just slower. Welcome to 3.15
Mind remaking the pastebin link, as I can't seem to get it to work on PoB. I'm interested in how the build fares with your changes since all the nerfs to the skill gems in 3.15

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info