[3.14] Dejuvenate's Flameslinger Elementalist. Best League starter and unethical clear speed

"
Raszianin wrote:
Hi, just got this beauty from ritual - but since it adds fire dmg to spells it makes the EE ring useless, what can I drop in as a replacement? Cheers

Got a temporary solution, You can place frenzy in the EE ringand also have some added lightning/cold damage to attacks so you can proc it, we mostly use EE for single target so I think it's pretty satisfactory.

Not a perfect solution though as you have to keep what kind of damage is added to your attacks
I'm trying to get the fire damage off the tooltip for Kinetic Blast so it stops screwing with EE, but I cannot figure out where I'm getting "adds fire damage to spell" for it to show up.

I dropped Growth and Decay to get some more defensive nodes on the tree, am currently at 56/56 block for attack/spell.

Going to get Shaper of Storm when I find my last uber trial, but I'm not sure why we pick that one up.
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I'm trying to get the fire damage off the tooltip for Kinetic Blast so it stops screwing with EE, but I cannot figure out where I'm getting "adds fire damage to spell" for it to show up.

Unfortunately, Flame Wall adds fire damage to any projectiles that fly through it, so you'll never be able to proc the fire-weak EE without a different skill.
Last edited by TheKurosawa on Jan 18, 2021, 7:37:37 PM
"
TheKurosawa wrote:
"
Windfuriouss wrote:

Unfortunately, Flame Wall adds fire damage to any projectiles that fly through it, so you'll never be able to proc the fire-weak EE without a different skill.

Thanks for that information.

So we just need to rely on LIghtning GOlem to proc it then? Doesn't seem very good since I think we have to be in melee for the golem to even attack it.
thanks god i updated the config and the dps is much better now

Now defense is the biggest issue :( maybe buy a timeless jewel for that
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
"
TheKurosawa wrote:
"
Windfuriouss wrote:

Thanks for that information.

So we just need to rely on LIghtning GOlem to proc it then? Doesn't seem very good since I think we have to be in melee for the golem to even attack it.

Well, against normal mobs, you pretty much won't ever need the damage obtained from procing EE. Against tougher enemies, chances are your Lightning Golem(s) will get at least a few hits in. That's also why OP suggests using the "spare" golem slots for more Lightning ones.

Also, there's a ton of confusion happening about EE. You don't need to eliminate fire damage from anything - YOU don't have EE, your Lightning Golem does (or whatever skill is slotted in Malachai's Artifice. You need to make sure that specific skill does not do fire damage.
"
TheKurosawa wrote:

Well, against normal mobs, you pretty much won't ever need the damage obtained from procing EE. Against tougher enemies, chances are your Lightning Golem(s) will get at least a few hits in. That's also why OP suggests using the "spare" golem slots for more Lightning ones.

Also, there's a ton of confusion happening about EE. You don't need to eliminate fire damage from anything - YOU don't have EE, your Lightning Golem does (or whatever skill is slotted in Malachai's Artifice. You need to make sure that specific skill does not do fire damage.

You do if there is fire damage being added to the Brand.
Last edited by Gutcovsk on Jan 18, 2021, 10:59:20 PM
How does this build fare in terms of defense and single target? Seems like clear is definitely not an issue.
what sort of chest should we be going for? im starting to get into red maps and need a bit of extra tankiness
"
DankeMemez wrote:
what sort of chest should we be going for? im starting to get into red maps and need a bit of extra tankiness

I will be updating the build in a few days, still tinkering with pob.

You can use inpulsa for even more stupid clear and mediocre dmg buff. Someone is using inpulsa and swears by it.

If you can get some mana reserve, I am thinking spider chest and spider aura would be awesome defense+offense. (Go CI ofc)

Another great option would be a rare influenced chest with double take phys as xxx

As some of you have noticed, chaos and phys are our problem. If we can stack take phys as (element), we would increase our survivability considerably.

You can get these from

Helm (temple mod, warlord)
Chest (almost all influenced mods have take phys as __)
Watcher eye
Shield corruption

Stacking 30-50% of take phys as __ would make us super tanky.

Im still working on the numerous setup to simulate. Give me a few more days.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info