[3.14] Dejuvenate's Flameslinger Elementalist. Best League starter and unethical clear speed

Can't find a way to search in the thread, so gonna just ask here. Would it be bad (or good) to use Elemental Hit with blocked fire to trigger Spellslinger and proc EE? This seems more reliable than lightning golem in ring and could in theory provide better clear speed (-50% fire res on all mobs). Added proj damage from Flame Wall should not mess with EE because Elemental Hit only deals damage of the chosen element and we block fire. Also provides some small chills and shocks to everything as a nice bonus. What do you guys think?
https://pastebin.com/k5EdL2f9

Hello greetings to all, I know that my buid is quite bad = (, but I try to do the best I can, I do not have much experience in the game, could you advise me how I can improve? Thanks to all
"
invictuis wrote:
Can't find a way to search in the thread, so gonna just ask here. Would it be bad (or good) to use Elemental Hit with blocked fire to trigger Spellslinger and proc EE? This seems more reliable than lightning golem in ring and could in theory provide better clear speed (-50% fire res on all mobs). Added proj damage from Flame Wall should not mess with EE because Elemental Hit only deals damage of the chosen element and we block fire. Also provides some small chills and shocks to everything as a nice bonus. What do you guys think?

I've tried this, but clear felt very odd/worse. I have no idea why, but perhaps your golems get it aswell and so they buff big bois. Could also be that the primary dot of flamewall apllies it somehow? Although I don't think that counts as a hit so EE shouldn't trigger.

I know Ziz tried it in PvP, but I don't know if he also tested if golems or FW itself can apply EE, so I might try it myself with a mate.
Flameslinger PoB: https://pastebin.com/dqbLZnda
"
ranfiel28 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/k5EdL2f9

Hello greetings to all, I know that my buid is quite bad = (, but I try to do the best I can, I do not have much experience in the game, could you advise me how I can improve? Thanks to all

1. Quality your awakened gems! You're missing out on +20% dot multi.

2. Drop your amulet, get a Primordial Chain and annoint Charisma. Drop 2 of your Primordial Eminence, you can then move your watcher's eye and grab a Conquerors Efficiency if you have mana reservation problems.

3. Drop your Anomalous FW and grab a normal 21 FW. Up to level 30, this build scales extremely well with gem level.

4. Drop the shadowstitch for now. It's probably the way to go when min-maxing, but not when starting out. A +2 tabula will give you a lot of damage, and a +2 Skin of the Loyal will give you a shitton of damage.
A 3b, 2r, 1g Skin costs just 5ex: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/JanDo4YUl
Drop Ele-Focus or Efficacy for an Empower 4.

5. I also wouldn't go with double wand memes unless your other gear is worth 100ex+. Shield provides tons of defense and if you have the currency you can also grab a mana reservation one in order to drop Conquerors for a rare jewel.

I've said this before, but don't follow a min-maxed version of this build where the amulet costs more than your entire currency tab holds. Just build according to the guide until you have nothing else to upgrade.
Flameslinger PoB: https://pastebin.com/dqbLZnda
Last edited by BergMichel on Mar 4, 2021, 3:18:21 AM
@CAKE

I was still experimenting with gems in wand....
I linked WoC to Combustion. It seems like now WoC applies an extra -20 fire rez.

If I didn't miss anything, this might be the best gem to use in the last left slot.
do anyone got bergmichel's pob? i couldnt find
"
CuchulainnMC wrote:
https://youtu.be/5kiuGJBw1ug

Ran a few fully juiced T15 100% Delirious Canyon to see how far this build can push, deathless no HH or poison sextant abuse, clear time is between 12-15 mins (plus 15 mins for looting). It is doable and feels not bad but have to off-screen most of the time (having bad FPS) as well as dodge a lot volatile dead / lightning mirage / red delirium explosive thingy because can't face tank them all obviously. Had a few close call here and there, Cinderswallow urn is definitely the carry in these maps.

I really like the visual effect of power siphon, so I'm using fork-chain and try to reach the same coverage as KB-chain. Used awakened fork in 100% delirious map for the OMEGA pack size, for normal mapping I used regular fork instead because fork-ed projectile is not auto targeting. So the 2nd fork-ed projectile might not hit anything when using awakened fork, thus lose some clear speed.

Here is PoB of my character
https://pastebin.com/T6E3EgJv

Current Gear

There's a rounding error in pob, I have 46(4%) unreserved mana in game. Pretty comfortable even with that low mana pool as my PS costs 12 mana, flame dash costs 26 mana.

Raw HP may seems low by today's standard though I have several defensive layer such as glancing blows, %HP/ES on block, flesh and stone, life gain on hit, life leech via doryani's lesson (flat added fire damage when projectile pass through flame wall), and a bit phys taken as fire damage.

Can squeeze more DPS by using KB-awakened hextouch for second curse, or aspect of spider instead of flesh and stone, though I like an extra defensive layer. Mana reserve on helmet is not necessary, I was using vitality with life gain on hit watcher eyes, instead of flesh and stone before crafting my helmet.

Having a blast with this build so far and hope it won't be nerfed to the ground next league.

Thanks for your post. I'd really like to squeeze in Flesh and Stone, but ran into mana reservation problems.

I tried PS instead of KB, but it really seems lackluster even with all the support gems.

I'm not really sure what you mean on Awak Fork vs Regular Fork, could you explain it?
"
Thanks for your post. I'd really like to squeeze in Flesh and Stone, but ran into mana reservation problems.

I tried PS instead of KB, but it really seems lackluster even with all the support gems.

I'm not really sure what you mean on Awak Fork vs Regular Fork, could you explain it?

Yes, too much compromise to fit in another 25% aura. Might worth trying enlighten 3/4 on shield and anoint charisma on amulet if you don't have any other source of RMR.

-------

Projectile mechanic follows this hierarchy: Pierce>Fork>Split>Chain>Return

A Projectile must used all their pierce first, then fork, then split, then chain, and finally return. In addition, chain projectile will find its nearby target to hit (auto targeting), but fork projectile will not.
Here's a little example: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/119304/page/1#p1154487

So when power siphon hits a target, it forked then splits into two additional projectile behind the target, these two fork-ed projectile must be hit another target in order to start chain, then hitting 2 or 3 more target. In terms of normal mapping (like T1-T16, breachstone etc.), as awakened fork makes projectile fork twice, I don't think the monster pack in these map will be that large and lined up perfectly to allow a fork-ed projectile to hit something twice. Chance are projectiles that fork-ed the second time can't find something to hit and flying towards air.

That's why I used regular fork + chain in normal map for power siphon. Anyway I didn't test KB so I'm not sure how KB performs with awakened fork.
Last edited by CuchulainnMC on Mar 4, 2021, 11:40:27 PM
"
CuchulainnMC wrote:
"

Yes, too much compromise to fit in another 25% aura.

-------

Projectile mechanic follows this hierarchy: Pierce>Fork>Split>Chain>Return

A Projectile must used all their pierce first, then fork, then split, then chain, and finally return. In addition, chain projectile will find its nearby target to hit (auto targeting), but fork projectile will not.
Here's a little example: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/119304/page/1#p1154487

So when power siphon hits a target, it forked then splits into two additional projectile behind the target, these two fork-ed projectile must be hit another target in order to start chain, then hitting 2 or 3 more target. In terms of normal mapping (like T1-T16, breachstone etc.), as awakened fork makes projectile fork twice, I don't think the monster pack in these map will be that large and lined up perfectly to allow a fork-ed projectile to hit something twice. Chance are projectiles that fork-ed the second time can't find something to hit and flying towards air.

That's why I used regular fork + chain in normal map for power siphon. Anyway I didn't test KB so I'm not sure how KB performs with awakened fork.

Kb with fork is still amazing because of "Projectiles gain (0–30)% increased Area of Effect after Forking"

But chain is simply homing missile and therefor prefferable.

"
Cry0nicS wrote:
@CAKE

I was still experimenting with gems in wand....
I linked WoC to Combustion. It seems like now WoC applies an extra -20 fire rez.

If I didn't miss anything, this might be the best gem to use in the last left slot.

Hmmm, we have combustion in the helm connected to KB itself so i wonder if it actually does anything. My guess is no.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Mar 4, 2021, 1:29:18 PM
Thank you very much for your answer BergMichel, and for sending me the links of what I need, if you can send me more links than I need such as the shield, I would appreciate it very much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info