[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
TitCriss wrote:
Hello fellow exiles!

I've been looking at Ultimatum modifiers and some of them requires us to see what's on the ground. I think it will be recommended to use Elemental Focus instead of Greater Multiple Projectiles while doing some modifiers of Ultimatums. I hope this post will save a couple of exiles death :P.

GMP is NOT recommended for this build.
NOT!

I know, experienced peeps have a knee jerk reaction, if it uses projectiles, link GMP.

Well, don't.
Pierce and 4 damage multiplier supports, seriously.
stupid question, but do skel MTX skins apple to Skel mages? lol.

2ndly, I know this build says it does all content but is there a budget est of what it would take to do feared/hidden??
"
Tree1 wrote:
stupid question, but do skel MTX skins apple to Skel mages? lol.

2ndly, I know this build says it does all content but is there a budget est of what it would take to do feared/hidden??

YES!
Or at least the only one I have bought does, so I assume they all do.
I have the "statue" one, and it looks great on skel mages.

As for budget on feared/hidden.

I don't know.

In the testimonial section, the first person listed has the "base" gear.
Probably not enough for feared/hidden.

The third person has INSANE gear, probably over kill for feared/hidden.

In GENERAL, skel builds (of all types, not just skel mages) can do all bosses because IF....IF you know the mechanics and dodge everything, you can just resummon skels until the boss is dead, may take some time.

So gear upgrades are more about shortening the fight, lessening the time you have to perfectly dodge boss stuff.
Last edited by Odif on Apr 16, 2021, 12:51:24 PM
Hi,

I just started reading the build and I think you made a mistake in the "What did 3.14 do to the build" part.

You say that 21/23 VSS can no longer be obtained and that now, only 21/20 can be obtained with double corrupt in the temple.

But since we can still simply corrupt gems with Vaal orbs, 21/20 is still doable if you're lucky. A 21/20 VSS would still be more expensive than before but it's obtainable.

I think what you meant to say is that a 21/23 (not 21/20) VSS can only be obtained through double corruption in the temple.
"
Raytag wrote:
Hi,

I just started reading the build and I think you made a mistake in the "What did 3.14 do to the build" part.

You say that 21/23 VSS can no longer be obtained and that now, only 21/20 can be obtained with double corrupt in the temple.

But since we can still simply corrupt gems with Vaal orbs, 21/20 is still doable if you're lucky. A 21/20 VSS would still be more expensive than before but it's obtainable.

I think what you meant to say is that a 21/23 (not 21/20) VSS can only be obtained through double corruption in the temple.

I might be wrong...but...
Start with a 20/20 skel gem.
One corrupt to get it to Vaal Summon Skeleton
One corrupt to get it to level 21
One corrupt to get it to quality 23.

That would take a triple corruption.
OK my bad, I thought it was possible to get a +1 to gem level AND make it vaal in a single corruption
Last edited by Raytag on Apr 16, 2021, 3:25:40 PM
This build will be my league starter !
LUCK is not a factor !
I understand capping the level of things like immortal call, but why are none of the gems max level?
Are skeletal mages better than melee skeletons? and why?

Ty
"
Stoyicker wrote:
I understand capping the level of things like immortal call, but why are none of the gems max level?

Only gems linked to CWDT will be low level, Immortal Call and Convocation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info