[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Doing a little bit better after spending about 3ex, I just need to find a 6l 6W/6B Lioneye and move over faster casting to it, lesser projectile is in there for quick switching clear speed/vs concentrated destruction for bosses, POB has me at 0.5M damage per Skeleton mage at level 89....im still working on finding more currency

Taking some of Promaore's MOM build really helped with survivability

So I have enough dex for lioneye's Vision

For some missing resist and some added elemental damage

I'm defiantly am going to use this for the next league for a leveling build (as long as they don't nerf the hell out of it
Last edited by CaptMeow on Mar 17, 2021, 9:00:00 PM
"
CaptMeow wrote:
Doing a little bit better after spending about 3ex, I just need to find a 6l 6W/6B Lioneye and move over faster casting to it, lesser projectile is in there for quick switching clear speed/vs concentrated destruction for bosses, POB has me at 0.5M damage per Skeleton mage at level 89....im still working on finding more currency

Taking some of Promaore's MOM build really helped with survivability

So I have enough dex for lioneye's Vision

For some missing resist and some added elemental damage

I'm defiantly am going to use this for the next league for a leveling build (as long as they don't nerf the hell out of it

Dump Lioneyes Vision and Elemental Equilibrium on tree.

Pick up a Fleshcrafter chest. Now you can get a +1/+1 amulet and allocate different skills for defense. Drop double wands, pick up the aegis shield, its cheap. If you want to invest in DPS, get 11 or 12 clusters with 35% effect and cast speed with no named passives. HUGE DPS increase. Make sure you do get a cluster with minions cant be harmed for 4 secs. Then just dash everywhere, drop minions, enjoy.
I did everything with this build deathless...Im not a vet of POE but have tried many builds....

1. clear speed of this is amazing and flows better than 99% of builds at T16
2. I play with 0, thats right ZERO flasks, and cleared all content deathless
3. I would do Fleshcrafter instead of Lioneyes. Dex requirement, can allocate passives elsewhere, easier gearing, seemed to me more damage, socket colors, cheaper.
4. I liked Aegis shield with this build. Where you die a lot is phasing of bosses, the extra life, block, resist, shield, aegis shield helps a lot! DPS is fine with 1 wand
5. I saw this on a lot of high level poe ninja builds early on and got one....a belt with Enduring Cry...holy shit, this helps...I started with it socketed to right click and just switched it to my left click move.
6. Since no EE, I run a Vaal skelly on chest, zombie/life/feedingfrenzy/meatshield, AG/Spectre/culling strike/life/dmg/stone golem helmet (the helmet should give you one of these or two so equip other gems).

I had 10 zombies, 3 spectres, 13 skellies, a stone golem, AG, skitterbots....T16 100% maps bosses die in 1 sec even with a shield equipped......

Great guide and I can't wait to see how the changes next league effect this, I hope they will buff mages a little still because they are new and still not played a lot so we can do some more defense layers.

Hello boyz got alot of question IG about the MOM agnostic variant i'm going to answer here as i've updated build quite a bit:

Got LVL 100 very very EZ
(very bad ping & perf, so build designed around this)

100% Delirious safe: YES by now
Damage is like 16M sdps at the very least

Cost: mine is very expensive, but it's gone too far already. You can prob got to unkillable point with 120 EX or less but with sacrificied damage.

To understand what worked: I've sacrified each defensive layer one at a time to track what truely kept the build alive. Went in T16 with deadly mods in middle of packs and looked if the chara still survived

What's mandatory first:

MOM + Agnostic + Bone offering + glancing blow

Unwavering Stance: If not i sometimes got hit by big damage, can't block 0.2s and insta die

This shield is strange i understand why the life recovery block part is strong, 120 mana on block doesnt feel heavy, but will push alot of survavibility
Not ideally crafted nor best base(i think int/strenght can be nice for the natural mana roll), look for ilvl 85

Bought this insane helmet to push damage. Put skele in obv. Was 50-60EX at the time, you can go with -1 affix if you are on a "budget"
Not the best base IMO Archdemon Crown could be better. Alow us to socket in defensive body armour

This I crafted it's not too hard chaos spammed for endu charge + life
4% reduced phys damage is not great just happened to be there, you can go for life recovery wich is very good but hard to obtain (from my understanding)or anything. Aug fire for phys to fire. This slot aims to solves the phys mitig issue and is very strong by itself

These cluste jewel got mentioned already are stupid strong DPS / life wise
Alt spam + harvest craft this is a pain honestly but worth

This is like "perfect" one, you can run a lower

Nice to run * 2 don't have to be elem resist. Found out a t1 all attribute is nice also

This medium cluster is mandatory for minions to survive

Damage recouped as mana is very strong, especially when you take alot of damage.

With this youre skitterbots reserves no mana
Skitterbots needed for chill ennemy so hypothermia from helmet works

I have also good mana regen, not easy to push but very strong! Don't cut too much in there. A good point to reach is 15% of mana as mana regen.

(enchant on boots, anomalous arcane surge, suffixes)

What's not needed:

- Kaomi Roots: you just need Unwavering stance. Tryed to swap out to build dps spectre in chest but they were not that strong. Life mana moovespeed + res boots will do

- Capped chaos resist: 75% or 30% wasn't a big difference IG, almost same in hunters maps or incursions. Just nice to have acces to
with the big life pool & regen. Karui blood will do

- I've like 9500 EHP, but 8000 or bit less will do

- Chaos golem + helmet enchant is just luxury could be dished

A few others things that are pretty strong also:

- Snipers mark is crazy good as 2nd curse + feels nice to cast
- Spectre: 2*carnage 1*host 1*arena master
- AG: Crown of the Tyrant (helmet), Kingmaker
- +1 all resist is abs crazy
- Phase run is BIS if u go the kàom's root's way
- You needs at least 43% of your life as mana, aiming for a little more is good in very picky situation and if you have not a good mana regen

https://pastebin.com/jMnFrHMH
Last edited by Promaore on Mar 28, 2021, 5:41:02 AM
Skeleton mages are really nice and fun, i have actually been having pretty good results with using chain instead of pierce. Its kinda same effect excpet the mages projectiles auto target towards another enemy instead of you hoping that it will hit more enemies after piercing the first one.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Hello @Tormegada I did a few testings with awak chain like u said and it's aburdly good at clearing big maps

as damage is more than enought for boss chain breaks the bad AI and clear smoothly

i like
"
Promaore wrote:

Hello @Tormegada I did a few testings with awak chain like u said and it's aburdly good at clearing big maps

I like it even more in the maps with tight corridors and doors and such, since often you can have projectiles chaining behih corners.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
"
Bullymays wrote:
I did everything with this build deathless...Im not a vet of POE but have tried many builds....

1. clear speed of this is amazing and flows better than 99% of builds at T16
2. I play with 0, thats right ZERO flasks, and cleared all content deathless
3. I would do Fleshcrafter instead of Lioneyes. Dex requirement, can allocate passives elsewhere, easier gearing, seemed to me more damage, socket colors, cheaper.
4. I liked Aegis shield with this build. Where you die a lot is phasing of bosses, the extra life, block, resist, shield, aegis shield helps a lot! DPS is fine with 1 wand
5. I saw this on a lot of high level poe ninja builds early on and got one....a belt with Enduring Cry...holy shit, this helps...I started with it socketed to right click and just switched it to my left click move.
6. Since no EE, I run a Vaal skelly on chest, zombie/life/feedingfrenzy/meatshield, AG/Spectre/culling strike/life/dmg/stone golem helmet (the helmet should give you one of these or two so equip other gems).

I had 10 zombies, 3 spectres, 13 skellies, a stone golem, AG, skitterbots....T16 100% maps bosses die in 1 sec even with a shield equipped......

Great guide and I can't wait to see how the changes next league effect this, I hope they will buff mages a little still because they are new and still not played a lot so we can do some more defense layers.

Hi Bullymays, I will try to replicate what you've done. I'm slowly upgrading my gear to see what it feels like.

For the AG, what kind of equipments are you using with it? Not really sure what's the main point of using AG.
Hi Odif and everyone else,

Odif, thanks for the build guide it has been extremely helpful. This is my first time playing POE and the first league that I ever been in so I am still on a learning curve here. I started with my own witch build that got in to the 60's but couldn't really go farther and then decided to try a Trickster build got frustrated with that and came across your build. New, I'm at 87 and into red maps.

I have a few questions and..apologies in advance for the ignorance.

1. Any tips for getting more damage? Or for more sustainability? Or a smart gear upgrade path...I have about 2.5 ex at the moment.

2. I kinda don't know what to do cluster jewel wise.

3. I can do red maps up to about T14 then it gets a bit dicey.

Again, thanks for the build and guide.
Much appreciated.

"
Aminra wrote:
Hi Odif and everyone else,

Odif, thanks for the build guide it has been extremely helpful. This is my first time playing POE and the first league that I ever been in so I am still on a learning curve here. I started with my own witch build that got in to the 60's but couldn't really go farther and then decided to try a Trickster build got frustrated with that and came across your build. New, I'm at 87 and into red maps.

I have a few questions and..apologies in advance for the ignorance.

1. Any tips for getting more damage? Or for more sustainability? Or a smart gear upgrade path...I have about 2.5 ex at the moment.

2. I kinda don't know what to do cluster jewel wise.

3. I can do red maps up to about T14 then it gets a bit dicey.

Again, thanks for the build and guide.
Much appreciated.

Characters are by default hidden.
Go into your settings and set them to public, so I can see your character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info