[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Do you guys think a +3 helm would be better than a +2 tabula? I'm considering getting a +3 helm so that I can get a Fleshcrafter.

How's my gear so far?

only if you helmet happens to be one of these :

rule of thumb is that every level is only about 7% more damage

so just a single level will not make up for losing 2 links

So id say if you can atleast get a +3 with minion damage built in that would be cool.

but honestly you wana be aiming for some sort of 7link equivalent to get the damage to a level worthy of end game

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 8, 2021, 10:02:07 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
only if you helmet happens to be one of these :

rule of thumb is that every level is only about 7% more damage

so just a single level will not make up for losing 2 links

So id say if you can atleast get a +3 with minion damage built in that would be cool.

but honestly you wana be aiming for some sort of 7link equivalent to get the damage to a level worthy of end game

Sounds about right. Any tips then for improving my defenses? I'm a little limited on where I can go in terms of improving damage without spending 1 ex+ on stuff. I can afford that, I'm just not sure where to spend the ex.
Last edited by RegulusX on Feb 8, 2021, 1:29:51 PM
Hi Odif. Thank you very much for this build and answering my stupid questions!

I have one blue socket left on a ring. Which gem can you or someone else suggest? Thanks for answers :)
I have already failed 4 attempts to get +2 duration in corruption chamber (well, only 1 destroyed, other chests ended with nothing usefull for this build), so when i saw this one for sale today, i bought it, even if i knew this will be impossible to color it right. It had like 6 reds originally, so far i ended up with this, which i believe is a strongest gem combination for situation, when i cant get more then 3 blue.

It is now like very, very small minmax to be honest, not really worth the price (and i'll still need to change one medium cluster tomorrow). But there is still a hope, i can pray for BBBBGR, just need to take all the vaal orbs from ritual rewards now... :-)
Just keep selecting socket color when you go to Grove's. Keep trying the change two to one blue and one green or sometimes you will get a blue choice. It took me about 20 times and I got mine to 5 blue and 1 green. The last one I had 4 blue and 2 green and luckily it moved the two greens to 1 blue 1 green.
"
Bullymays wrote:
Just keep selecting socket color when you go to Grove's. Keep trying the change two to one blue and one green or sometimes you will get a blue choice. It took me about 20 times and I got mine to 5 blue and 1 green. The last one I had 4 blue and 2 green and luckily it moved the two greens to 1 blue 1 green.

I dont think you can do this on corrupted things... ;-)
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
Nixxar wrote:
Really loved the build, took it from scratch to killing the Maven tonight and am very happy with how the build scales when you get some currency. I still do seem to die sometimes and it definately isn't one of those immortal builds, but it's been great fun and got to 96 with it while doing any content :).

Gear:

Anyone have any suggesting on how to make the build more tanky without sacrificing to much damage?

~Nixxar

Oh, i see you bought my old body armor! :-)
I actually feel rather tanky, and all i have different i think is keeping my 3 endurance charges up all the time (from cluster jewel), keeping myself in a range of +3k ES spore, and trying to time the use that vaal molten shell correctly. That gives me way more effective HP to play with. Every time i recast skeletons (which is all the time), my regen goes up, from another cluster, because that counts as minion dead.
Simulacrum is a good test for that, if you can stay safe in between monsters in last two waves, you are fine.

Checking your setup, I think you need higher level molten shell (you stoped leveling yours for some reason), and have a vaal one, and probaly have another defensive flask - what do you need mana one for?

Thanks for the input, and ye, could've been you I've bought it from a few weeks ago. At the moment I feel like I'd be off better by changing builds as upgrades for this one are starting to be like 15 ex+. Despite being decent at farming currency to upgrade to exalts I am not very good at generating endgame levels of currency.

Now the question is, what does 35 exalt get me in terms of a strong endgame build? :)

~Nixxar
For the weapons, isn't level of all minion gems better than level of all spell gems?
"
Meliserad wrote:
Hi Odif. Thank you very much for this build and answering my stupid questions!

I have one blue socket left on a ring. Which gem can you or someone else suggest? Thanks for answers :)

It's really easy to recolor a ring, so you can put any color gem in it.

You could try
Phase Run: Helps you move faster from pack to pack

But whatever is fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info