[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
loczek123 wrote:
It seems that a very good solution as Green is Hypothermia (We can even use Elemental Focus) Skitters proc Chill, we can also use for example, Winter Orb instead of Storm Brand, and link to him Cast When Channeling + Desecrate + Flesh Offering.

You are right, Hypothermia is a good option!

Storm brand is SO much better than Winter orb for proccing EE and placing curses. You can be much further away, no need to channel, it lasts longer on teh mob.

NO to flesh offering.
Must be Bone Offering.

Putting it on cast while channeling gets rid of the curse.

"
zincfe wrote:
to lazy to check whole stuff u write but u should change ur EE cause cold damage on skele mages do the lowest damage so u should aim for boost fire and light

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

But...But...

I don't personally like any of the cold spells as a EE/curse delievery system.

Brands are just SO AMAZING as curse/EE delivery systems.
And there is no cold brand that "hits"

If you are OK with an inferior spell to deliver EE/curse, like Freezing Pulse, go with 2R/2B Triad Gloves.
Put Flame Dash and Convocation in the gloves.

Frees up a gem slot in the boots, maybe minion damage.

Last edited by Odif on Jan 14, 2021, 6:10:23 PM
"
loczek123 wrote:
Exactly. When playing on Warrior, it has more importance, with Mages, we cannot eliminate one element that will beat less.

A very similar build is on the poebuilds channel on yt. I walk my own paths so I think I will use solutions from both builds. I already have some ideas and main foundations in head. For two days I haven't been able to decide what build i will do for the start and I'm almost sure that I'm starting with something like that. Boost for Mage looks powerful but there are relatively few guids, it will probably change over time in this league but I hope that Dead Reckoning will not be that expensive on start. If creator of the guide doesn't mind, during the league I can also post my observations and solutions that I use.

Sadly, I think Dead Reckoning WILL be expensive early league.

A lot of the choices in this build were made to one could start Melee SKels, then transition to Skel Mages much later, when the price comes down. Ease of transition was a driver of many choices.
"
herrodd wrote:
So on the 20 ex budget you mentioned in the build. What difiiculty of content will the build be able to reach? uber and awakeners and stuff?

I really like the look of your build ^^ Always liked vaal skellies

This build will do uber and awakeners on MUCH less than 20 ex, it just will not do it quickly.

The added expensive items, just speed up the kills.

P.S.
For things like uber elder and Awakener, all that I would want is a +1 int gems ammy, and a helmet with +3 minion gems, level 20 minion damage.

That and the crafts on gear like "trigger socketed spells when you use a skill" on a wand, +1 skel and zombie on a helm, and maybe cannot be frozen on boots.
i think, the 50% more dmg is a bait. the skel mages was pretty much useless, now that they have 50% more dmg and doulbe speed of proj, they will me maximal viable but still not enough dps for bossing high end.

just my 2 cent on the build.
hi, i was playing this build in 3.9 and i'll give it a try in this one, i don't understand why no femur of the saints on weapon, it give +2 lvl at minion gems socketed and more bonuses than wand if you socket you skelly links in it

any clue?
"
Raîzo wrote:
i think, the 50% more dmg is a bait. the skel mages was pretty much useless, now that they have 50% more dmg and doulbe speed of proj, they will me maximal viable but still not enough dps for bossing high end.

just my 2 cent on the build.

That's what the zombies are for, to give boss dps.
"
ichigo2579 wrote:
hi, i was playing this build in 3.9 and i'll give it a try in this one, i don't understand why no femur of the saints on weapon, it give +2 lvl at minion gems socketed and more bonuses than wand if you socket you skelly links in it

any clue?

The heart of the build is having two different minions as main dps, Skeletons and Zombies.

Thus we need items that give + gem levels to ALL gems, not just SOCKTED gems, as the socketed gem bonus only effect 1 of the 2 dps minions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/kxdr79/skeleton_mages_and_how_to_fix_them_keep_this_in/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info