[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
mukas wrote:

I had a question about Bone Offering. How does it affect minions? Do I have to recast it every time after I summon my skellies or do they have the buff as long as the grey icon thingy is above my head?

Cheers

Offerings are a buff on the player.
You only need to recast when the icon above your head goes away.
"
TomBoss wrote:

Hmm, the only time you mention the Chaos golem is in the "Defense" part of your guide. It's never mentioned in the "Skills" section, nor does it appear in your PoB. I'm confused on what golem to actually use now. Are you leaving it up to the player or did I overlook something somewhere? :)

My mistake.

An earlier version of the build used two golems.

I have edited the defenses section to reflect the current version of the build.

Thank you for pointing this out.
do skeletons even benefit from increased minion cast speed?
"
Alf_AS wrote:
do skeletons even benefit from increased minion cast speed?

Yes, minion cast speed is a huge way to increase skel MAGE dps.

If you are using melee skels, then they benefit from minion attack speed.
do mages also benefit from attack speed though? PoB seems to indicate they do. it probably doesnt matter anyway because maybe every source of minion attack speed also gives cast speed?
I died much times because i had a real bad build. And i decided to try yours.

It's fantastic how i rushed 85 to 91 deathless. Sometimes i take a big burst right in the face, but guys notice the fact i'm a suicidary necromancer (i always dash in the packs to use convocation, yeah, i know, weird playstyle, right ?) and even with that, i didn't died ONCE. Even with a tabula, you're 75% all res, you can easily focus on chaos res in the stuff you'll buy.
All this message to say : This is a really good and cheap build, i can clear T14-T15 with less than 2ex invest. And in ritual, 2ex is really easy to reach. (I'm sorry for my english, but i hope you'll continue to do some builds like this one. It's really clearly explained, it learned me much on the game. Thank you for all you've done here, Odif !)
This build is so simple yet so strong. With 10 c investment into gear, made 5+ ex in one day. And it's so fun, thank you mate for this gem.
Any suggestions for good cluster jewels? I got one that gives skeletal atrophy and call to the slaughter, but I'm wondering whether there's something better. Not sure if I want that makes them invulnerable for 4 sec after summoning - they don't seem to die that often.
"
RegulusX wrote:
Any suggestions for good cluster jewels? I got one that gives skeletal atrophy and call to the slaughter, but I'm wondering whether there's something better. Not sure if I want that makes them invulnerable for 4 sec after summoning - they don't seem to die that often.

I like Renewal on all my clusters.
Hi Im using this build and i am just entering red maps.

My minions have never had issues dying, even without vitality.

my question is your guide says to use vitality and zealotry when with mages (which I have vaal skele and dead reck)

If I have vitality in the 2nd wand with desecrate and bone offering as per your guide and i take skitters out of the boots, what do you put in the boots in place of the skitterS?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info