[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
"
Odif wrote:
"
Need some clarification on this I guess because I got a Dead Reckoning Jewel and never summon anymore than 6 skeletons no matter the circumstance do I have a broken gem?

Now I'm only level 12 atm so maybe that has something to do with it but so far I have everything to be in order 40 Int In Radius and a Raise Skeleton gem socketed. Not trying to be a !$%k but how do I do the thing lol.

The intelligence does not have to be allocated.
You need to socket the jewel in the passive tree in any socket that has 40 int nearby.

Since we are Witch, ALL of the sockets in our area of the tree have 40 int nearby.

So, path to jewel socket in the tree, and plop that jewel in.

Yeah its socketed in my passive tree, I'm saying I never get 15 skeletons it's always just 6.

So the way the jewel works is that instead of normal melee skeletons, it summons mages. But, it still only summons the amount of skeletons that your skeleton gem says you can summon, plus whatever your talents and items allows through +1 skeleton things. The wording on Dead Reckoning means that it will turn 15 skeletons into mages, not that you can summon 15 skeletons. If that makes sense?
"
mrlou wrote:

I'm playing this build a bit differently but it's because of your build guide I've chosen skeles, so first of all thanks.
It's definitely a pretty strong league starter, I must've spent maybe 4 or 5ex on my current gear and I'm cruising through T14 to 16.
I've just done Sirus A5, was pretty chill even tho I'm lacking on single target, I agree with you than min/maxing will cost way too much but it was pretty fun so far and definitely a strong mapper.
Thanks again.

I'm slowly shifting to something closer to this, although right now I still have two wands. What spectres are you summoning? Crabs?
I had asked this question on the General Help forum and received the following reply:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Skeletons#Unique_items

Can get up to 16.

8 from the level 20 skill (9 for level 24-29, up to 11 for level 36 skill)

2 from passive skills

3 from unique equipment (wearing Alberon's Warpath and dual wielding Midnight Bargain)

1 from veiled prefix Chosen on a helmet

1 from veiled prefix Chosen on a body armour, or a Delve drop-only body armour with prefix Subterranean

1 from an Elder amulet with prefix
Eldritch or Delve drop-only amulet with prefix
Subterranean

Unquote

Note skeleton mages are limited to 15 of the above.

So I have been chaining semi-juiced t15s-t16s with this trash gear. Can easily do t16 blight maps, and conquerors are a joke.

Haven't done Sirus yet but I don't think it;s gonna be a problem.

Will also try Deli maps and report map.

10/10 map, especially with such a small investment. Basically league-start stuff.

Good job Odif.
Is it suitable to use Fortress Covenant Cobalt Jewel to increase damage?
"
KatKira wrote:

So I have been chaining semi-juiced t15s-t16s with this trash gear. Can easily do t16 blight maps, and conquerors are a joke.

10/10 map, especially with such a small investment. Basically league-start stuff.

Good job Odif.

Great progress, gives me hope :)

Just wondering why you are taking the 4 skill points going north east of the witches starting point?
"
Skua99 wrote:
"
KatKira wrote:

Good job Odif.

Great progress, gives me hope :)

Just wondering why you are taking the 4 skill points going north east of the witches starting point?

Oh. That is a remnant from my respec I actually forgot about. Lol.
"
Bluen15 wrote:
Is that a good idea to swap GMP to Slower Projectiles Support on bosses. Or is there better alternative ?

Yes you can swap slower projectiles.

BUT

I advise dropping GMP entirely, and just going with a 5B/G set up

Elemental Focus for the last blue
"

Yeah its socketed in my passive tree, I'm saying I never get 15 skeletons it's always just 6.

I misunderstood the question

The Dead Reckoning does not effect your skel limit at ALL.

It just changes what skels you do summon, from melee to mage.

But it can transform a max of 15, a limit you only hit with Vaal Summon skeletons.
"
Odif wrote:
"

I misunderstood the question

The Dead Reckoning does not effect your skel limit at ALL.

It just changes what skels you do summon, from melee to mage.

But it can transform a max of 15, a limit you only hit with Vaal Summon skeletons.

Thanks Odif and everyone for the clarification.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info