[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

This is the problem with pulling out all those red damage gems with Predator. Multistrike and Elemental Damage with Attacks along with Fortify and Elemental Weakness was Godlike melting.

I just got done redoing for this new Rev 2 - but I have some concerns. Triad Gloves was 2c. Enlighten L2 is 30c non-corrupt.

My trading is doing OK but not THAT ok

Plus I had quite a few skills at 18 and 19 and we are starting Level 1 with Peirce and Echo. My Anger was super high and all I really had to do was dial in my resistances starting with L 3 maps.

I also picked up a Primordial Harmony so not too sure I want to give up Chaos Gollum right away. Plus you had us pick up Gollum Commander in the tree.

I hope the two main people advocating all these changes mid-stream are on T12+ maps and not just theory crafting because these are some MAJOR changes.

Having all those OP skeletons killing map bosses off-screen before I even knew what was going on - was pretty nice. I hope bosses still melt and the build sustains as Rev 1 did.

*edit*

Yikes, I'm at 44/1034 on Mana. Skellies cast OK sustained but not 100 percent sure what's going to happen to my Immortal Call :)

Taking this out for a spin in some L1 maps

*edit 2

Ok, ran three maps and got some XP on the new Gems.
I'm impressed. All misgivings gone. :)

I have never run CWDT so the automation surprised me. The Immortal Call icon pops up over your head and it feels like a get out of jail free card. I always had problems not hitting flasks fast enough. I even actually die sometimes even at L77

I hadn't messed with Mages since they were reworked and I remember the old way they worked. The new way is like a laser. And with Echo and Peirce it's a pretty nifty crossfire of lasers all over the screen. Wayyy faster clears than running, even with Feeding Frenzy and Flesh Offering.

Now that the gloves are not necessary, they can be replaced with some high level resists.

I had a pretty decent crafting stack so stuck on some Max Mana adds to my rings until I score an Enlighten.

No deaths at all in 3 maps and I was aggressively testing.

Thanks again for the updates! Better than ever.
Last edited by FarVision on Jan 21, 2021, 8:39:53 PM
As always on a quiet night at work, I sometimes came up with an idea, the idea may be a little crazy but I think I will see how it works, I will definitely throw it in PoB at home.

As a Femurs supporter (it's not only good damage but it gives me a lot of Block and with 9 Zombies almost 6% HP regen, and nice mana regen).

Having 2x 6link, I assumed of course Skeleton in the staff and Zombie in Chest.

but now I started to think about adding SRS as 6L combined with Winter Orb and CWC

Staff: Skeleton
Chest: Winter Orb + CWC + SRS + Physical to Lightning + Two best dps support
4L: CWDT lvl1 + Desecrate + Flesh Offering and Flame Dash 20lvl
4L: Scepter + Zombie + Blood Magic + Feeding Frenzy
4L: Anger + Wrath or Zealotry + Generosity + Enlighten (or Golem / Vaal Haste if we have reduced mana from tree)

SRS along with Physical to Lightning will only deal fire and lightning damage, i.e. it will use its full EE potential. In theory, it looks very good, when I come back from work, I will check it in PoB and if I have more currency, I will try to do it;)

it may also be that I throw it into the trash because finally SRS will be comparable to zombies on 6link, night shift always works well for imagination hahaha
"
loczek123 wrote:
As always on a quiet night at work, I sometimes came up with an idea, the idea may be a little crazy but I think I will see how it works, I will definitely throw it in PoB at home.

As a Femurs supporter (it's not only good damage but it gives me a lot of Block and with 9 Zombies almost 6% HP regen, and nice mana regen).

Having 2x 6link, I assumed of course Skeleton in the staff and Zombie in Chest.

but now I started to think about adding SRS as 6L combined with Winter Orb and CWC

Staff: Skeleton
Chest: Winter Orb + CWC + SRS + Physical to Lightning + Two best dps support
4L: CWDT lvl1 + Desecrate + Flesh Offering and Flame Dash 20lvl
4L: Scepter + Zombie + Blood Magic + Feeding Frenzy
4L: Anger + Wrath or Zealotry + Generosity + Enlighten (or Golem / Vaal Haste if we have reduced mana from tree)

SRS along with Physical to Lightning will only deal fire and lightning damage, i.e. it will use its full EE potential. In theory, it looks very good, when I come back from work, I will check it in PoB and if I have more currency, I will try to do it;)

it may also be that I throw it into the trash because finally SRS will be comparable to zombies on 6link, night shift always works well for imagination hahaha

I hadn't heard of this one before so I looked it up. Almost posted a Whisper before I saw that it was 3E and not 3C :) soo yeah. Maybe later. Does SRS really scale that high? I find the skill super annoying.
I have a few questions for more for veteran players I was thinking about Triad Grips (2R 2G)

1. Does Carrion Golem work with the skeleton mages if you have triad grips it increases physical which would then convert to extra fire/ice (red/green)?

2. Since triad grips give minions a chance to shock and freeze do you need skitter bots? How much more powerful is the skitter bots extra chill/shock aura? Without skitter bots you could fit in Anger and Zealotry.

I see your 1/19 change regarding the gloves, I had already got the Triad Mesh Gloves, do I need to change these out, or can I keep them?
"
Samu_h wrote:
Short question:

Can I use Poacher's Aim instead of pierce support?

Pierce is needed to offscreen kill mobs that have not been cursed yet.
"
yevgi wrote:
Hi there.

First things first, it's my first necro build and for the moment i quite enjoy it, so thanks ^^

Then i was wondering, why don't you mention Alberon's Warpath?
You can use them early on, has move speed and comes quite cheap.

plus an additionnal skeleton.

The guides tries to use the fewest uniques possible.
Easy for newbies is the idea.

Alberon's is fine to use.
"
Ex3mal59 wrote:

Which gem can be replaced with empower?

Elemental Focus
"
alenka98 wrote:
Just finished act 4, the build is op af im impressed, but I have a Sire of Shards is it possible to implement or worthy to use it? Love the guide thank you ^^

If you want to level with it, sure, but not map, there are already too many projectiles!

And + gem levels is SO strong for this build.
"
loczek123 wrote:

skeleton mage scale much weaker from gem levels than other minion, mainly due to the fact that they throw spelas with a very high frequency. Put Empower for one of the suport will dps downgrade.

I disagree.
I find that gem levels are the BEST way to scale damage.
(Up to gem level 30, diminishing returns after that)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info