[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Carnage and Host Chieftains give us and all minions a Power and Frenzy charge

Just gonna mention these arent great for skeletons, just because we resummon a lot, we dont have anywhere close to 100% uptime with frenzy.

Also has anyone tried snipers mark for single target? the mages do projectiles i believe

The skeleton mages seem broken, im just getting to maps and havent even bothered to do lab or max resists. Enjoy them while we can!

I imagine Pledge of hands would be nuts with these guys?
Last edited by Harmless88 on Jan 18, 2021, 4:17:24 PM
"
Just gonna mention these arent great for skeletons, just because we resummon a lot, we dont have anywhere close to 100% uptime with frenzy.

During fights in a place like Ritual, I often have 3 frenzies, I don't spam with mages if I don't have to, and for trash it doesn't matter. Not to mention the Zombies that I play in the 5th link and the default will be the 6th link. And an additional cast speed on Winter Orb will also be useful.

"
I imagine Pledge of hands would be nuts with these guys?

The build I mentioned just on it was played, in general the damage is very similar to the Femurs (it's a bit better but it's a short distance), previously it was used mainly due to projectile speed which is now not a problem so I think that with defensive Femurs performance is better after the projectile speed boost.

Last edited by loczek123 on Jan 18, 2021, 4:26:14 PM
"
Harmless88 wrote:
The skeleton mages seem broken, im just getting to maps and havent even bothered to do lab or max resists. Enjoy them while we can!

Their damage seems to be rolling off in high-tier red maps. Great for clear, but bossing can last a while depending on the map mods. I've already run into one boss (Guardian of the Phoenix buffed by Maven) that I literally could not damage--even with EE and signal prey. This is my first serious skelemancer, so it's probably on me for not knowing how to push skeleton mages into the deep endgame yet. (And I just checked.. some of my skeleton support gems aren't 20/20 yet either).
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jan 18, 2021, 4:44:10 PM
"
GERWARIC wrote:

Their damage seems to be rolling off in high-tier red maps. Great for clear, but bossing can last a while depending on the map mods. I've already run into one boss (Guardian of the Phoenix buffed by Maven) that I literally could not damage--even with EE and signal prey. This is my first serious skelemancer, so it's probably on me for not knowing how to push skeletons into the deep endgame yet. (And I just checked.. some of my skeleton support gems aren't 20/20 yet either).

I have not gotten that far, but, if you are doing guardians and on the path to Sirus, the build needs more +1 gem.

+1 int gem ammy
level 21 skel and zombie gems.

Those would help a lot.

But it just might be that Maven has put a ceiling on this build...and thats ok.

If it turns out it fails on Maven boosted Red maps, thats ok, its still a great league starter / newbie build.
"
Odif wrote:
But it just might be that Maven has put a ceiling on this build...and thats ok.

If it turns out it fails on Maven boosted Red maps, thats ok, its still a great league starter / newbie build.

100% agreed. This is a fantastic league starter. My plan was to respec into some meta elamentalist build when I hit maps, but now I want to see how far I can mixmax skelton mages. Thanks for the tips on where to look for more damage. I will also go back and re-read the endgame upgrade section of the guide.
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jan 18, 2021, 4:56:56 PM
Is flesh crafter chest considered bad?

Why is it not used in minion builds like this?
are you gonna add a POB ??
"
sjoensen wrote:
are you gonna add a POB ??

PoB is DEMON SPAWN.

But I added one.
It's there now.
"
deserttfoxx wrote:
Is flesh crafter chest considered bad?

Why is it not used in minion builds like this?

With exposure, EE, and a curse, we take monster resists below zero.

So fleshcrafter would be a dps loss.

One could do a different build, around fleshcrafter, and use enfeeble curse.
Evening Odif!

So, I league started with this and am sitting at about 19 hours. So far its going really well! Might be my favorite league start.

I went with the Mages version, and man do I love the clearspeed. I can definitely feel the difference between single target and clear though.

I hope you continue supporting this build, as it might be my fav league start so far.

Any chance you could tell me what would be my best next upgrades? Also, am I missing anything gem wise? I feel like there is something missing.

Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Arkaon/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info