[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

I was planning to league start 3.14 with this, but I see you say the amulet is expensive early, so its not a good idea. Can I just replace the CWDT setup with Arcanist Brand? Self-casting every 7ish seconds, sub-optimal, sure. But most of the debuffs will have 100% uptime still, since it will have 5 activations per second after the 200% increased cast speed. We lose 60ish increased damage, which translates to roughly 10%+30% overall damage depending where the build is investment wise, life leech, and some ignite chance from the amulet. No doubt it is a big chunk, but perhaps a talisman or temple mod can fill in for the leech, and maybe some extra damage if lucky?
"
notaspook wrote:
I was planning to league start 3.14 with this, but I see you say the amulet is expensive early, so its not a good idea. Can I just replace the CWDT setup with Arcanist Brand? Self-casting every 7ish seconds, sub-optimal, sure. But most of the debuffs will have 100% uptime still, since it will have 5 activations per second after the 200% increased cast speed. We lose 60ish increased damage, which translates to roughly 10%+30% overall damage depending where the build is investment wise, life leech, and some ignite chance from the amulet. No doubt it is a big chunk, but perhaps a talisman or temple mod can fill in for the leech, and maybe some extra damage if lucky?

I should clarify:

It's very doable as a league starter because the CoC side of the build works fine with the self-ignite portion. The build does ramp up in damage and defenses DRASTICALLY once you've got that though.

Like, super doable, but after having done it and seeing market in first couple days I would suggest most players to make as second or respecc from something else once prices come down. That's all. Build is really squishy without some of the end game pieces too, so some might find that to be a problem. I'm a softcore scrub so idc :D
Have you ever tried the corpse walker boots to free up on desecrate? Guess not enough corpses spawned with them?
"
majesthro wrote:
Have you ever tried the corpse walker boots to free up on desecrate? Guess not enough corpses spawned with them?

Yeah not even close to enough :P
any thought on patch notes ? it seems like not much changed except we loose 5% on corrupted soul and a flat 10% less fire penetration from wave of Conviction?
"
Kempfe wrote:
any thought on patch notes ? it seems like not much changed except we loose 5% on corrupted soul and a flat 10% less fire penetration from wave of Conviction?

And ~10% buff to Anger...
"
SeuMedo wrote:
"
Kempfe wrote:

And ~10% buff to Anger...

Pretty much this. Notm uch changing outside of crafting gear.

Harvest on bench will help though. Get an i84+ Hunter chest and throw it at "reforge crit, crit is more common" to get a dual crit chest easily.
We also lost some corpse life on Harvest mobs (Primal Blisterlord and Crushclaw, which had 1200% life / 900% life), which hurts the DD version a bit.

Looked at PoEDB to find "replacements" and I think I'll just go with the Arena Master (405% life but a nice buff, at the cost of your sanity while idling in hideout though), and one of either Delve (Lithomancer / Stoneskin flayer - 800% life) or Heist (there seems to be many around the 700% mark such as Auto-enforcer at 750, Malicious Bruiser at 700, etc.). Maybe a They of Tul but I dislike the visual clutter...
"
ivressemb wrote:
We also lost some corpse life on Harvest mobs (Primal Blisterlord and Crushclaw, which had 1200% life / 900% life), which hurts the DD version a bit.

Looked at PoEDB to find "replacements" and I think I'll just go with the Arena Master (405% life but a nice buff, at the cost of your sanity while idling in hideout though), and one of either Delve (Lithomancer / Stoneskin flayer - 800% life) or Heist (there seems to be many around the 700% mark such as Auto-enforcer at 750, Malicious Bruiser at 700, etc.). Maybe a They of Tul but I dislike the visual clutter...

Yeah it's a big damage nerf to DD, but DD's damage was monstrous to begin with. And yea, lithomancer+stoneflayer is a solid combo for 800% life each
I know it's a ton of work, but do you plan to update and publish this for 3.14?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info