[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

"
ViciousFishes wrote:
For anyone not feeling tanky enough: just get the Watcher's eye. I was starting to doubt but the second I equipped it, I felt the QOL instantly.

I seem to be struggling most with single target dps now. Bosses aren't melting as fast as I'd like. I know I need to upgrade to a bottled faith, and figure out a way to get a higher level on precision. Currently only lvl 4 and 42 unreserved mana, but otherwise here is my pob if any of you can offer some guidance. Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/pcAGWfva

Yo! You can add Specters to the build to bolster your VD Explosion Damage by a lot. This is pretty substantial as it turns out. Particularly in places like Cortex where the Primal Crushclaws+Primal Blisterlords are 2 of 3 spawned corpses when you have them as specters. Easy delete those bosses.

Bottled Faith would go a LOOOOOONG way btw. The crit it gives will let you replace Inc Crit support with something like Hypothermia. This essentially takes you from 120k VD to 185k. Pretty big boost.

Other slots to look at:

Helmet: your is basic life+res+enchant. It's fine, but if you want damage you want to start working on something like what I am currently crafting:

For perspective my helmet on your character is another 50k damage per ball from the 185k. Takes you to 235k. We have now almost doubled your damage. Mind you, this helmet is 30ex and still being crafted (mostly thanks to double elevated mods if we're being honest) but a warlord helmet can be crafted very deterministically with Harvest. IE: bench craft fire res, make sure prefixes are full, and use an augment fire to get -9% fire res. eeeeeeasy.

Lastly, gloves. Your gloves can be much much better. Consider getting some temple modded ones with increased damage against chilled enemies.

It's also a great place to get dex+accuracy. My gloves would give you another 7% damage boost and up to 99% accuracy on Cyclone.

252k VD

Cooked alive on your medium cluster with Wrapped in Flame is another big chink of damage. Now up to 270k VD (and yes, Cooked Alive notables stack) Smoking Remains is also good if you want to blind enemies.

To get higher level precision, take the 4% mana reserve nodes in the Sovereignty Wheel. Can get you to a level 15 precision with 65 mana leftover.

Looking at your skills. SUPPORT gems with CWDT can be leveled to max. In your case, Combustion should be leveled. upped it to level 20:
270k -> 282k

Get Quality on Assassin's Mark so you can have Power charges up against bosses like Sirus.

Get a level 21 Volatile Dead. Yours is level 19.

282k -> 300k (using normal, not anomalous, 21/20 Ana would be 308k)

At this point you are at about 2.5x your current damage output. Huzzah!

Awakened Spell Cascade will be a boost and also make your helmet enchant kind of irrelevant.

Detonate Dead is a powerhouse for bossing btw. Requires the helmet enchant and GREATLY benefits from Woke Spell Cascade (I just did Sirus 8 with it with no problems, look forward to that video)

Edit: here's the updated pastebin so you can looks at it: https://pastebin.com/wKmQzwyD

Hopefully you )and others) find this helpful :P

on a side note:

My current little side project. This will end up with Elevated Unnerve (Unnerves on Hit unconditionally) and Accuracy when it's done.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Feb 8, 2021, 9:11:23 AM
Thanks for the incredible review. Two things you definitely taught me were that you could allocate off notables you take with thread of hope and that support gems linked to cwdt could be leveled.

The helmet project looks like something I'll love doing as a side project for sure. Looks like at least an 85 Bone Helmet and something like:
Flat fire to spells > Woke orb with Inc elemental dmg
Aug Crit
Craft fire res/fill prefixes
Aug fire for -9%

I know my gems are bad, I just wanted to make sure I was heading in the right direction before I spill anymore into it.
"
ViciousFishes wrote:
Thanks for the incredible review. Two things you definitely taught me were that you could allocate off notables you take with thread of hope and that support gems linked to cwdt could be leveled.

The helmet project looks like something I'll love doing as a side project for sure. Looks like at least an 85 Bone Helmet and something like:
Aug Crit
Aug fire for -9%

I know my gems are bad, I just wanted to make sure I was heading in the right direction before I spill anymore into it.

yeah basically that for the helmet. Isolate your prefixes and then you can force -fire res and crit multi.

And also this:
Video Showcase of Detonate Dead vs Sirus

Can we elevate unnerve with Maven Orb? O.o
New Video UP - Maven's Feared :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDDWhFzTc-w

All Bossess deleted in 25s

Last edited by afonsosp on Feb 8, 2021, 11:24:39 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
ViciousFishes wrote:

Aug Crit
Aug fire for -9%

yeah basically that for the helmet. Isolate your prefixes and then you can force -fire res and crit multi.

And also this:
Video Showcase of Detonate Dead vs Sirus

Can we elevate unnerve with Maven Orb? O.o

Nice video :)
Does anyone know the best way to go about crafting good tailwind boots?
I have to go back to the Martyr of Innocence vs Replica Duskdawn topic.
maybe someone can look into it if I am missing something.
https://pastebin.com/BsRmU5NX

Martyr:
- 272k VD DMG
- 43k Corpse explosion dmg / 33k Cyclone dmg
- 84 phys -> fire conversion (avatar, GV notable, gloves)
- 13,45 APS
- 99% effective crit chance for VD (no inc crit in chest)
- 99% effective crit for Cyclone

Replica Duskdawn:
- 187k VD DMG
- 57k Corpse Explosion dmg / 10k Cyclone dmg
- 34 phys - fire conversion (no avatar of fire though)
- 14,62 APS

Am I missing some crucial setting or information? I just cant see Replica Duskdawn as an upgrade?
Last edited by JudgeHett on Feb 9, 2021, 1:33:30 AM
"
JudgeHett wrote:
I have to go back to the Martyr of Innocence vs Replica Duskdawn topic.
maybe someone can look into it if I am missing something.
https://pastebin.com/BsRmU5NX

Martyr:
- 272k VD DMG
- 43k Corpse explosion dmg / 33k Cyclone dmg
- 84 phys -> fire conversion (avatar, GV notable, gloves)
- 13,45 APS

Replica Duskdawn:
- 187k VD DMG
- 57k Corpse Explosion dmg / 10k Cyclone dmg
- 34 phys - fire conversion (no avatar of fire though)
- 14,62 APS

Am I missing some crucial setting or information? I just cant see Replica Duskdawn as an upgrade?

My thoughts are this:

For VD, Martyr is fine and arguably better while you have flasks and assmark up. Losing those drops your attack crit by a good chunk.

That said, I like being able to switch between VD and DD at will as DD has better boss damage.

If I compare the staves with Detonate Dead my numbers go like this:
Replica Duskdawn
DD avg spell damage: 400k
Corpse Explosion Damage on a base life level 83 corpse(~27k life): 314k
714k total. (Primal Crushclaw explode is 1.55M average hit btw for just shy of 2M)

With Martyr:
DD Spell Hit: 465k
Corpse Explode: 215k
670k total.

Crushclaw explode damage drops to 1M damage per hit as well.

So yeah, it's probably not super noticeable on VD but it's a massive difference for DD.

That is my objective opinion. :P
Hi All,

Really enjoying this build. Been playing casually since beta but this is the first league where I've felt like I could push high levels and tackle some end game content.

I've finally got all atlas watchstones and would like to try A8 sirius. But i am definitely going to need some upgrades to get there..

I have around 15 Ex to spend at the moment. What upgrade is going to give me best bang for my buck? Should I craft explode chest or fix other sub par rares?

I could also get bottled faith and megalomaniac but not sure if this is the best approach right now.

Last edited by FiddleSticks on Feb 9, 2021, 3:38:30 AM
"
FiddleSticks wrote:
Hi All,

Really enjoying this build. Been playing casually since beta but this is the first league where I've felt like I could push high levels and tackle some end game content.

I've finally got all atlas watchstones and would like to try A8 sirius. But i am definitely going to need some upgrades to get there..

I have around 15 Ex to spend at the moment. What upgrade is going to give me best bang for my buck? Should I craft explode chest or fix other sub par rares?

I could also get bottled faith and megalomaniac but not sure if this is the best approach right now.

Bottled Faith is definitely where you want to be. That upgrade will let you drop Inc Crit Support for Hypothermia and basically give you around 60% more damage total.

After that I would work on the splodey chest

Always incrementally upgrade rares too.

"
tenw30d wrote:
Does anyone know the best way to go about crafting good tailwind boots?

This is a thing to ask me on stream 11 hours from now. :P
But basically depends on what other mods you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info