Random Boot resulting in Death

My character Alyxx was in hardcore more with 4 friends and i randomly got booted to the login screen. I didn't die and my friends said I simply had got logged off and booted. Upon logging in my character was booted back to the default league :(

Please investigate this and look into this as I'm sure it was an oddly unique experience and something rare might have happened. We were not even near enemies or under attack when it occured.

Thanks for your time!

Keith
I assume you was experiencing lag to a point that the game timed out on you. You were probably piled by monsters on the server-sided copy of the game (in a previous spot where you moved out of on your client, but not on the server) and the rest of the party was out of sync with it. The server-sided copy of the game is leading, any clients connected to the game try to stay in the same state as the server.

It helps to turn off any programs that use your internet connection (like torrent programs) and programs that use a lot of cpu (like backup programs) while you are playing.

What Rhys says in the last linked topic is useful. What does /deaths say when you type it in your chatbox?

Similar stuff: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/14651 - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12087
Don't read my signature!
"
digitalfrost wrote:
My character Alyxx was in hardcore more with 4 friends and i randomly got booted to the login screen. I didn't die and my friends said I simply had got logged off and booted. Upon logging in my character was booted back to the default league :(

Please investigate this and look into this as I'm sure it was an oddly unique experience and something rare might have happened. We were not even near enemies or under attack when it occured.

Thanks for your time!

Keith

From the logs it looks like you died after attempting to change areas. Did you get logged off after clicking an area transition? And did any of your friends actually see your character disappear from the game?

Unfortunately we aren't currently logging what killed you, so I can only assume that some monsters ran in from off screen and killed you while your client was disconnected.

This is an area we're still working on - I'm not certain yet what approach we will take, but hopefully we can reduce/eliminate these types of deaths.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info