I got bored and the game hasn't released yet

"
sindronian wrote:
Currently my main is a level 75 Phys Dmg Life Leech Duelist.

Maps up to like level 70 are pretty easy, I have decent gear...

To put it simply I just give no fucks. I use to be able to play games for years without getting bored of them when I was younger, but now, I lose interest in all games incredibly fast.

I played runescape for 69 DAYS. And that game SUCKS. At least now I think it sucks, back then it was the greatest thing.

It doesn't matter what game I play these days, after a few days worth, it gets old fast.

So what is the point I'm trying to make?

Unless you genuinely have a passion for video games (which I don't believe exists) then you are never going to have a gaming experience like you did when you were a child.

It's not that games these days are bad, it's that we are different.

Path of exile is a great game, but I feel as though I grew out of games in general.

Video games aren't fulfilling. In my childhood, playing tag was fulfilling.

I think this could be an interesting discussion.

Does any adult here feel similar? I'm sure there are a tun of you who play this game for hours despite being bored of it. Btw not really an adult, I'm 20.

as I have gotten older I have realized I cant just pick up and enjoy any old game any more like I could when I was a kid. It has to be really good to last longer than a month on my harddrive. I just think as you get older your tastes mature and you just need more. I dont know what genres you usually play but maybe you could try some more engaging games than an ARPG. something that requires more thought. I mean I love PoE but after a while your just on autopilot farming and that gets boring. Take a month off come back if you feel the same way maybe its time to find a new hobby. I have multiple hobbies I enjoy video games, playing guitar and singing and doing outdoorsy types of things (shooting guns, fishing, camping) so to answer your question no, at 31 years old I have been playing games since I got an atari 2600 and still enjoy them but its not the only thing i do.
The last three days (aka 8 h/day) i played fallout 2 ... :)
I can empathize with you. There are diffrent reasons for that. First of all, the games that we grow up were new. I remember when i first played Doom. I was so exited, diffrent weapons, 3D landscapes, Monsters approaching from everywhere and several upgrades. But when i look now on Egoshooters i get bored. They didnt evolve at all. They have high definition Graphics, physical engines but the core idea how to play a game never changed. You see ingame all the fancy graphics but you always bond on a linear route.
The majority of gamers, actually enjoys it. Each year they play CoD, MW, BF, Fifa, Madden and many more games, that only adds some minor changes but stays the same. And thats ok, thats how they want to play it and thats what they get. But another group of gamers enjoys the core idea of the game. How does this game works, what are my options, what influence or synergys are allowed, how can i profit from all the rules the best way? Thats what keeps them playing. And give credit to PoE, it works pretty well. But there is a limit to what they can provide, with leagues, gems and Unique that alters the builds you could create. My recommentation is to give a break to PoE. Stop playing it for maybe one or two months, and come back when there are enough changes. I for myself stopped playing PoE, but always keeping an eye on it, so i can jump right back when i notice, that it have enough changes.

I want to list some games that i really enjoyed it in the past years. Maybe you will find some of them really enjoyable.

- PoE: You know why :)

- Minecraft: Sandbox game. Gather materials, forge Armor/items, build and change the entire world to your needs and taste. I really enjoyed Redwire, which you need to build circuitry for almost all your mechanical needs.

- DayZ: A huge world filled with zombies and your only purpose is to "survive". You need water, food, medicine weapons to survive. Raid cities, interact with others or kill them to survive. Its up to you. You can only trust yourself. Because each death is permanent. If you die you loose all your stuff and start fresh.

- LoL/DotA: A classical MOBA. Dont need much introduction. Plenty of caracter with unique abilites that needs to play together to crush the enemies base.

- Pikmin: Really enjoyed this game. Bought it for the Wii, but its an old game. You are a crash landed Pilot, that commands plant-like creatures to survive in the wild. You plant and harvest Pikmins in diffrent color and abilities to overcome obsticals and enemys.

- Lost in Blue: You shippwrecked and stranded on an empty island. You need to survive in the wildness. Gather materials, build weapons, find food and try to escape from the island. Its feels like "Cast away".

- Zelda: Link and his adventures. Even if its all the same setting, every time it feels new. You start with only a sword and shield and must go through dungeons were you find new items that changes the way you interact with your surrounding. That will help to overcome previous obsticals and explore new parts.

- Civilization: You start a group of settlers in the stone age and lead them till the Space age, where you need to deal with other nation on military, economical and cultural level. A classical 4X game.

I will add more games when i have the time for it.
IGN: PuryFIre
I play games waaaay more now than I ever did as a kid.

As a kid I'd maybe put 15 hours into gaming per month.

Now at 27 I put in a little over 25 hours a week. D:

I guess in terms of playing games I'm sorta like Merlin. I "aged" backwards.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
I am old and over 30.

It is different as an adult for sure. I am way more chill than I used to be probably because I have better perspective.

But I also have lost all tolerance for trolling griefing scamming etc.

I can't put my finger on why precisely but I overall play games less. I just try to enjoy what I play more.
I feel the same way.. Remmember when I was 5 (lol) and came up against the butcher in D1. I killed him plenty of times in that age and it scared and exited me the same every time... When I kill the butcher now its just like... yeah yeah noob butcher will die now and then you kill him.
I fill the same way.
I really miss arcades. I use to love hanging out and playing games with people. pinball..... sigh
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info