Xbox servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

I got bored and the game hasn't released yet

Currently my main is a level 75 Phys Dmg Life Leech Duelist.

Maps up to like level 70 are pretty easy, I have decent gear...

To put it simply I just give no fucks. I use to be able to play games for years without getting bored of them when I was younger, but now, I lose interest in all games incredibly fast.

I played runescape for 69 DAYS. And that game SUCKS. At least now I think it sucks, back then it was the greatest thing.

It doesn't matter what game I play these days, after a few days worth, it gets old fast.

So what is the point I'm trying to make?

Unless you genuinely have a passion for video games (which I don't believe exists) then you are never going to have a gaming experience like you did when you were a child.

It's not that games these days are bad, it's that we are different.

Path of exile is a great game, but I feel as though I grew out of games in general.

Video games aren't fulfilling. In my childhood, playing tag was fulfilling.

I think this could be an interesting discussion.

Does any adult here feel similar? I'm sure there are a tun of you who play this game for hours despite being bored of it. Btw not really an adult, I'm 20.
IGN Sikler
Last edited by sindronian on Mar 29, 2013, 6:04:03 PM
Dont play then /thread.

no
~SotW HC Guild~

"
Yngwieismygod wrote:
Dont play then /thread.

Yeah, I don't play. But I was getting at something a little deeper.
IGN Sikler
"
sindronian wrote:
"
Yngwieismygod wrote:
Dont play then /thread.

Don't be afraid of growing up either then
I'm 23 and even though i'm aware of the fact that this is still a pretty young age I'm an adult and I've been playing this game since closed beta, nearly a year now and still enjoy it like i did the first day.

Of course i don't have as much time anymore to play video games like i had in my childhood university and social life require most of my time but I still try to invest as much time into this awesome game as possible.
The feeling might have changed it might not be the same kind of fascination as it was 10 years ago but in the end video games haven't lost any of their magic to me.

This may change when i get older but i really hope it doesn't.
"
Koivu wrote:
"
sindronian wrote:
"
Yngwieismygod wrote:
Dont play then /thread.

Don't be afraid of growing up either then

lolwut, I'm just trying to say that people call games bad when they get older but they are probably better than the games they played as children, it's just their age that makes the difference not the game.
IGN Sikler
Maybe get a life? The world doesn't revolve around video games you know. It's not your life goal to play them 24/7.
Sindronian - I understand how you feel. I am 18 years older than you and experienced the birth of PC gaming. Like you, I am also getting a bit burned out and I also rarely last beyond 60 days with a new game. For me it's definitely the XP slog and lack of easier upgrades. I am also hesitant to create a second character as I like my time to be an investment and not a throw away. I guess I will have to see how the game progresses.
Different mentalities effect different ages. There's no hard and fast rule as to at what age one gets more or less bored by a passtime.

The problem modern games have is that they have to spend so much time keeping up with the technology that the content tends to get deprioritised as each new generation gets obligated to view their game in a specific format.

Angry Birds and Minecraft are the ever growing proof that the customer actually doesn't care so much about the tech and just wants a fun game. Path of Exile tries to balance the two.

In terms of age, 20-25 is a very difficult time for the mentality of a male. The 'normal' impulse during this period is to be mentally inclined to thoughts about babies and finances, this tends to obscure all other of life's activities.

Also, as we get older, the 'normal' mental process which takes place to facilitate the above is that we lose the ability to use our imaginations as we did in youth, our teddy bear dies, our invisible friend dies, etc etc.

This then reverses as we get older and at some point it will be 'normal' to begin regression and hanker after the times of our youth. What some describe as 'he's entering his second childhood'. Our minds once again begin the decent into imagination and then, eventually, if you live long enough, complete senility.

Your post makes sense to you now, but one day you'll wonder why you wrote it. It's perfectly normal behaviour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info