Harccore losing characters due to lag

Alright had a perfect hardcore character level 49 and lose it because lag shows me in a different area still getting hit yet nothing around me and all I could do was die. Worthless to play it on default. Thanks for wasting my time. that whole glitchiness of your character rubberbanding back to where they were needs to be fixed.
Welcome to the beta-testing phase of the game. Issues like this should be expected.

Latency and sync are constantly being worked on and improved. There are also features that help keep Hardcore characters alive in the event of massive lag, but they don't do much for sync issues.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
I share your pain having lost a few myself to lag spikes and desyncs, but that's part of the job of being beta testers and I would rather they happen now and get worked on than slipping into the final release untested.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
Alright had a perfect hardcore character level 49 and lose it because lag shows me in a different area still getting hit yet nothing around me and all I could do was die. Worthless to play it on default. Thanks for wasting my time. that whole glitchiness of your character rubberbanding back to where they were needs to be fixed.

Maybe you shouldn't play hardcore if you can't handle a death. Lag or not, you died. Reroll :)
Last edited by iiss on Apr 29, 2012, 7:03:57 PM
So far any lag I've had with the game has strictly been related to my own PC side, I don't feel PoE's side is at fault at this point.
I've lost one or two characters to lag, as well as 4 or 5 to my own fault. I find that the best way to counter-act this is to make a character that has lots of survivability which does not rely on life steal. This way if you lag for 1-2 seconds you will generally be okay. You can never really be protected from all lag scenarios though.
"
Neokolzia wrote:
So far any lag I've had with the game has strictly been related to my own PC side, I don't feel PoE's side is at fault at this point.

This. What you are complaining about has little or nothing to do with POE/GGG, and everything to do with the internet, and/or your computer, and/or your router, and/or your connection in some way.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
I usually only die because of getting cornered, or I'm trying to finish typing something in global or something =)
All my HC toons ive made... Havn't died yet since playing HC, been close and not from lag. And im on 56k around 200 ms. You nets are bad dont blame GGG.

This is the beta, your chars are going to be wiped / moved to legacy. Why are you even playing if you are upset about wasting your time?

Most HC deaths are from lag from my perspective from playing tons and tons of hrs back in d2. This game lag has been the bane of my bro. Like 5 toons dead, 4 from lag.
R A N D O M___IS___R A N D O M
In the Shawshank Redemption, a character says that all the inmates are innocent, that the "lawyers fucked them." I think there is a bit of this in online gaming as well, how did you die in HC? "Lag!"
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info