What i like. Can PoE deliver? i ask u with beta.

What i like:

- Grim, scary non linear dungeons with lots of hidden stuff.

- Surprises. I like to be surprised. Extremely rare and hard to get gear drops in extremely difficult areas.

- Exploration (something "out of the box" quests and find something new out of the storyline).

- Merge and combine gear/loot to create something powerful and unique with instructions in form of riddles, something to get our brain working.

- Non linear quests, I don't like "go there, kill that" type of quests.

Does PoE delivers?
Your requirements are a bit on the vague side, but I'd say no, PoE doesn't really "deliver" on any of those points in it's current beta state.

There isn't much story implemented, there's no surprises, levels are randomized but pretty much straightforward, there's no riddles or puzzles, quests are exclusively "kill that/get that thingy".

Hell of a game despite all that, but probably not what you're looking for.
Sounds like you want Dark souls or Demon Souls to me.
"
Aelius wrote:
- Grim, scary non linear dungeons with lots of hidden stuff.

Average. Tho it depends what you mean by "hidden stuff".

"
Aelius wrote:
- Surprises. I like to be surprised. Extremely rare and hard to get gear drops in extremely difficult areas.

I would say yes.

"
Aelius wrote:
- Exploration (something "out of the box" quests and find something new out of the storyline).

Unknown. They haven't put the story and voice acting into the beta yet. They might be waiting for release.

"
Aelius wrote:
- Merge and combine gear/loot to create something powerful and unique with instructions in form of riddles, something to get our brain working.

Above average, but not to the extent you're hoping.

"
Aelius wrote:
- Non linear quests, I don't like "go there, kill that" type of quests.

Above average.

"
Aelius wrote:
Does PoE delivers?

Yes, but it's not the pinnacle of the stuff you're looking for. They have a slightly different philosophy, but PoE delivers on your requirements better than most games, i think.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
I hope they stay away from linear quest, but have a gold pulse on the map every 15 mins on where your suppose to go (have it go away and only every 15 mins so you need to search) because I hate getting completely lost trying to do a quest. I really hate it.
The Bandit quest in Act 2 is very interesting because you can choose which of the three bandits to help (or just kill them all).
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
The Bandit quest in Act 2 is very interesting because you can choose which of the three bandits to help (or just kill them all).

Indeed. More of that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info