[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
Yeah, I tried this now in The Blood Aqueduct with their barrels, and it does seem to increase the distance for sure.
For some reason it was different in the PvP arena.

Some things are different in PvP. I'm no expert on that, but I do know that skills scale differently and possibly AoE also.

First post updated with all 3.14 changes
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
f4ward wrote:

Was looking for a Death's Oath build for 3.14 and think yours is the only updated one, thanks for keeping it current :)!

Plan to start tomorrow with this, just reading through OP, obviously some things are a little outdated (gear advice due to Quiver mod removal etc) but I assume the PoB linked (next to 3.13) is what we should follow until you get more time to update?

Will we still being aiming to use Bow + Quiver for CA or do you need to test Blight in Apo gloves? Lifetap probably only gem change then follow the rest?

I see the PoB still has Dread Banner etc in - I'll just follow as loosely as I can until you get a feel tomorrow - thanks again!
"
"
f4ward wrote:

Was looking for a Death's Oath build for 3.14 and think yours is the only updated one, thanks for keeping it current :)!

Plan to start tomorrow with this, just reading through OP, obviously some things are a little outdated (gear advice due to Quiver mod removal etc) but I assume the PoB linked (next to 3.13) is what we should follow until you get more time to update?

Will we still being aiming to use Bow + Quiver for CA or do you need to test Blight in Apo gloves? Lifetap probably only gem change then follow the rest?

I see the PoB still has Dread Banner etc in - I'll just follow as loosely as I can until you get a feel tomorrow - thanks again!

Still CA with Bow and Quiver.
Quiver only affects CA now, but we still need it for Boss damage. Bow mods still affects both CA and DO.

Blight or Blight+ED damage is much lower than CA and forces us to stand still, so I don't see it viable.
Maybe at a later stage I will review other setups (wands/shield/staff), but the choice of CA was due to it being the strongest chaos skill we can use with DO.

The only change is Lifetap in place of Arcane surge and drop the Dread Banner.

I will update the POB when we get the new gems working there.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Apr 16, 2021, 10:02:18 AM
Decided to try this as my league starter build. Any tips you can give other then the ones you already listed?. Also the pastebin link for Path of Building doesnt work says i have outdated version of the program but no updates available im guessing its a outdated link then? Could you provide me with a new one? with leveling path etc? :) Thanks
Tomorrow, I will start with this build. I believe that CA still OK until I can get DO
Is this build wokring with the new patch haven't played in a year. I hear there have been many changes, does anyone have a POB with up to date gear, cheers
Updated first post with POB for 3.14, Lifetap support in DO instead of Arcane Surge, Dread Banner no longer used (due to Flesh and Stone reservation increase)
Last edited by f4ward on Apr 17, 2021, 8:25:38 AM
Is there like any way to squeeze void sphere with increased aoe in? Won't lie I'm talking theoretically for now as I didn't yet play the build, but it seem like vs could make ultimatum encounters way way more comfortable. Probably will test it out anyways and share my thoughts, still I'm interested what ya think about it for this build :)
Currently lvl 87, pushing into red tier maps. I definitely get one shot every now and then, but otherwise things melt and pop pretty nice. Thanks for the build f4ward!
"
Is there like any way to squeeze void sphere with increased aoe in? Won't lie I'm talking theoretically for now as I didn't yet play the build, but it seem like vs could make ultimatum encounters way way more comfortable. Probably will test it out anyways and share my thoughts, still I'm interested what ya think about it for this build :)

Since the changes to mana res for Flesh and Stone, we can no longer use Dread banner, so it's 1 socket. You can use that one, or you will need to sacrifice either Blink arrow or CWDT, which I wouldn't recommend.

"
Mozenber wrote:
Currently lvl 87, pushing into red tier maps. I definitely get one shot every now and then, but otherwise things melt and pop pretty nice. Thanks for the build f4ward!

Awesome, glad you enjoy it :)
Last edited by f4ward on Apr 20, 2021, 2:30:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info