[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

"
yogranny wrote:
Hey N0sey i had a quick question, im at like 7.50aps with 32%CDR i was wondering if awakened CoC is only worth it if i can get 10aps or is it still an upgrade with 7.50aps?

No, it becomes an upgrade only when you can get more than 7.56 aps.

Another thing to consider is that you need a level 4+ woke coc gem to get 52% CDR, so it might be a good idea to buy a level 1 gem now and start leveling it up.
awesome thanks
del
Last edited by 6neji6 on Feb 21, 2021, 6:55:20 PM
Hey there N0esy,

I came back with some questions since I am losing my hair trying to craft some stuff.

I lost my mind with this staff.. I am over 30 ex in this scepter, and NOTHING, but NOTHING comes out of it. Rerolled suffixes at least 50 times, tried aug light, caster, r/a caster/light trying to get something spell for light or +1... got absolutely nothing, I am losing my hope with this and have no idea how to move forward.

On top of that, how can I add safely Light to spells on rings? still didn't find a safe way.

Your help would be appreciated, I lost my mind doing this scepter, I have everything else, but the scepter and finishing touches on rings.

Thank you!
"
evilsures wrote:
Hey there N0esy,

I came back with some questions since I am losing my hair trying to craft some stuff.

I lost my mind with this staff.. I am over 30 ex in this scepter, and NOTHING, but NOTHING comes out of it. Rerolled suffixes at least 50 times, tried aug light, caster, r/a caster/light trying to get something spell for light or +1... got absolutely nothing, I am losing my hope with this and have no idea how to move forward.

On top of that, how can I add safely Light to spells on rings? still didn't find a safe way.

Your help would be appreciated, I lost my mind doing this scepter, I have everything else, but the scepter and finishing touches on rings.

Thank you!

As I said in the guide, it is very hard to craft a good sceptre. Calm down, this is not something you can do in a day or two. It is a long journey.

It sounds like you are trying to finish suffixes on your sceptre first. This is a mistake. As a rule of thumb, you should always start with the most difficult mod. The most difficult mod is increased spell/lighting damage because high tier versions of this mod type have extremely low weight. You will never see 80%+ increased spell/lighting damage by using r/a caster or lightning. This is why I recommended using essences of woe to craft a sceptre.

Use essences of woe on your sceptre until you get decent prefixes. If you get decent "add x lightning damage to spells", you can add the last prefix by using "aug lightning" after crafting "cannot roll attack mods". The chance of hitting "+1 to lightning" or T1 "gain x% of lightning as extra chaos" mod is 37%. If you hit T2 or T3 extra chaos mod, use "remove chaos" and repeat.

As for the rings, just spam r/a lightning while suffixes are blocked. You have about 7% chance to get T1 added lightning damage to spells and attacks, which is very low. But this mod is absolutely unnecessary, so don't be too mad even if you can't get it.

P.S. Because I'm done with the league and I have a mirror in my stash, I can give you a mirrored copy of my sceptre if you want.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
evilsures wrote:
Hey there N0esy,

Thank you!

As I said in the guide, it is very hard to craft a good sceptre. Calm down, this is not something you can do in a day or two. It is a long journey.

It sounds like you are trying to finish suffixes on your sceptre first. This is a mistake. As a rule of thumb, you should always start with the most difficult mod. The most difficult mod is increased spell/lighting damage because high tier versions of this mod type have extremely low weight. You will never see 80%+ increased spell/lighting damage by using r/a caster or lightning. This is why I recommended using essences of woe to craft a sceptre.

Use essences of woe on your sceptre until you get decent prefixes. If you get decent "add x lightning damage to spells", you can add the last prefix by using "aug lightning" after crafting "cannot roll attack mods". The chance of hitting "+1 to lightning" or T1 "gain x% of lightning as extra chaos" mod is 37%. If you hit T2 or T3 extra chaos mod, use "remove chaos" and repeat.

As for the rings, just spam r/a lightning while suffixes are blocked. You have about 7% chance to get T1 added lightning damage to spells and attacks, which is very low. But this mod is absolutely unnecessary, so don't be too mad even if you can't get it.

P.S. Because I'm done with the league and I have a mirror in my stash, I can give you a mirrored copy of my sceptre if you want.

Hey There N0esy,

Thank you for your quick response.

Thank you for the advice, and how to continue crafting it. Regarding the rings, will continue crafting them and keep them for a long term crafting since you said that the light to spells is unnecessary, but is great feature to have.

Regarding the scepter, if you want to help me by mirroring the scepter, I will be happy head over heels for the great news, but I don't want to pressure you or something. If you want to keep the mirror as your trophy, there will be no problem. If you're willing to mirror it, I will keep the current scepter and craft it as you instructed, just to see how long it will take to truly make such an op scepter.
Last edited by evilsures on Feb 24, 2021, 5:30:38 PM
Just to add to N0esy on the Scepter. I can't really stress this enough: Craft with essences, until you hit something good.

N0esy recommends woe (which is probably better for the ultimate end game scepter), I for myself went with the crit essences and went from there.

Wouldn't I have used like 15 tries to get T1 chaos or +1 Skills, I would have only invested like ~10ex into my scepter.

Btw, thanks to others for all their ideas on what I can still do. These are the last craftings I did :-)

(haha, yes I'm to scared to aug life on it :D)

And the next project is already on the horizon :D

hrhr, boots turned out to be pretty nice :)

Last edited by WhiteAoT on Feb 25, 2021, 5:10:54 PM
"
WhiteAoT wrote:
Just to add to N0esy on the Scepter. I can't really stress this enough: Craft with essences, until you hit something good.

N0esy recommends woe (which is probably better for the ultimate end game scepter), I for myself went with the crit essences and went from there.

Wouldn't I have used like 15 tries to get T1 chaos or +1 Skills, I would have only invested like ~10ex into my scepter.

Btw, thanks to others for all their ideas on what I can still do. These are the last craftings I did :-)

(haha, yes I'm to scared to aug life on it :D)

And the next project is already on the horizon :D

hrhr, boots turned out to be pretty nice :)

Hey there WhiteAoT,

I've been trying to add stuff on the scepter, but not luck whatsoever, but that's not all.
First, I got some nice mods spamming woe, spammed 10 ex worth of essences, but yeah.. guess what, I wanted to Aug critical for Critical chance, aaand, the guy bricked the item. He used Non-critical to critical, killed the scepter by removing the spell dmg. To top it up, I've also got scammed by 12 ex on a watchstone.. so yeah, had a great day.. Now I am using a secondary one that I had in order to put some currency on the table. My dmg at the moment is scuffed since I have 53% cdr and only 6.99 APS, took me almost 2 mins to kill Baran.

Right now I am just slowly lvling in Valdo's rest in order to get some nods.

BTW, Those boots are insane! great job on doing them :D
Kept feeling out of it during this league, and no build felt right. One of my favorites was CoC ice nova, but i always wanted to play a ball lightning one... So glad I found this build, Thank you! Here is my current progress, I am still playing the Jug/Necro version because I really enjoy the cannot be stunned and I have had the currency to make it work well with Harvest, I am having an absolute blast, I am ALMOST finished with my belt, which I am SUPER proud of, but if anyone notices anything that could use improvement please let me know!

I can do any content in the game right now, everything dies VERY quickly with almost no issues. I can still die to one shots, but for the most part things just cant keep up with my damage enough to kill me. The leveling guide was AMAZING too, I loved how easily i leveled and then made the transition. All in all, 10/10 guide. Thank you again N0sey.

"
Akatashi wrote:
Kept feeling out of it during this league, and no build felt right. One of my favorites was CoC ice nova, but i always wanted to play a ball lightning one... So glad I found this build, Thank you! Here is my current progress, I am still playing the Jug/Necro version because I really enjoy the cannot be stunned and I have had the currency to make it work well with Harvest, I am having an absolute blast, I am ALMOST finished with my belt, which I am SUPER proud of, but if anyone notices anything that could use improvement please let me know!

I can do any content in the game right now, everything dies VERY quickly with almost no issues. I can still die to one shots, but for the most part things just cant keep up with my damage enough to kill me. The leveling guide was AMAZING too, I loved how easily i leveled and then made the transition. All in all, 10/10 guide. Thank you again N0sey.

Cool Setup man! Some thoughts on what you could still do:
- You seem not to have any Chaos res at all right now. The Build allows to max it out, but it requires alot of specific combinations on items (i.e. you probably can not keep the Dex on the amulet and have to get chaos there. Dex becomes a "no-problem" in the pathfinder setup btw)
- With an awakened hextouch support you can add assassins mark to your ring setup
- On the ring setup: With harvest crafting you can actually create two vermillions with on-par damage but as an end result way more life
- There are some nice implicits for corrupted algor mortis gloves, i.e. +1 all socketed, which gives you lvl5 enlighten (which eases mana problems even more) and better auras

Other than that, really nice gear!

Btw, watch out with the Tailwind Boots (action speed!) to not kill your CDR breakpoint
Last edited by WhiteAoT on Feb 26, 2021, 3:50:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info