[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

What a super cool build this is :-) Didn't have that much fun building up the Gear for quite some time. Thanks!

Things I know I can still improve on
* Some items still have sup-optimal live (i.e. bench crafted). But I wasn't up for more add/rem life spamming
* One of the rings is still missing lightning damage to spells
* Weapon should have more crit + attack speed
* Didn't buy the AwaHextTouch yesterday anymore, but already run 3 curses :p
* Elusive on Boots

Other than that I'm ailment immune, stun immune, 75+ all, 75 chaos resi and the build is blasting through almost anything.

I have one question though:
I saw in your WorstCOCBL account, that you didn't spec into a single "Reduced Mana Reservation". How? :D I'm also running Enlighten lvl4 but can fit zealotry, wrath and precision without those nodes.

With a single node I can atleast active all three auras but to be able to comfortably play, I actually have both nodes specced right now.

Also, is there anything else I'm missing on the char which is important?

"
WhiteAoT wrote:
What a super cool build this is :-) Didn't have that much fun building up the Gear for quite some time. Thanks!

Things I know I can still improve on
* Some items still have sup-optimal live (i.e. bench crafted). But I wasn't up for more add/rem life spamming
* One of the rings is still missing lightning damage to spells
* Didn't buy the AwaHextTouch yesterday anymore, but already run 3 curses :p
* Elusive on Boots

Other than that I'm ailment immune, stun immune, 75+ all, 75 chaos resi and the build is blasting through almost anything.

I have one question though:
I saw in your WorstCOCBL account, that you didn't spec into a single "Reduced Mana Reservation". How? :D I'm also running Enlighten lvl4 but can fit zealotry, wrath and precision without those nodes.

With a single node I can atleast active all three auras but to be able to comfortably play, I actually have both nodes specced right now.

Also, is there anything else I'm missing on the char which is important?

My gloves have "+1 to level of socketed gems" implicit, allowing me to use level 5 enlighten.
But this is not that good as all it does is save 1 passive point. 1 passive point is worth 5% increased maximum life or 3-3.5% more dps, so any implicit that gives similar life/dps is equally good.

There is nothing important that is left because you can do any content with this level of gear. However, if I were you, I would craft a new shield with at least 80% increased lightning/spell damage and "1% increased damage per 1% chance to block attack damage". The latter is better than +1 to level of all lightning spell gems. My shield has +1 to level of all lightning spell gems because it's synthesized and can't roll "1% increased damage per 1% chance to block attack damage".

"
WhiteAoT wrote:

Should be easy enough to craft a better sceptre. Fracture suffix crafts aren't too expensive on TFT (if you have a budget to consider several remove/add life), so you could fracture your own. Either use deafening essence of zeal (for 30% attack speed) or deafening essence of loathing (38% crit) on an ilvl 84+ karui sceptre. Make sure to divine it before the fracture attempt because you won't be able to change it later!

If you want to start from prefixes, it's probably best to fracture crit (loathing). Then you can use essences of woe/torment for spell damage/lightning damage to spells (as in the guide). Once your prefixes are filled, you can aug/remove/add attack on suffix, or reforge keeping prefixes, until you get a decent attack speed roll and a free/clearable suffix to craft trigger on.

If you want to start from suffixes and work to prefixes, then I'd recommend fracturing aps (zeal) since loathing's are cheaper to spam. If you can fracture zeal, put on loathing, and annul down to just those two mods, you can craft "cannot roll attack mods" and play around with aug lightning or remove/add lightning until you get some good mods.

Hello there N0esy!

I've been trying to catch you online for some stupid questions, but no luck whatsoever.

First things first, I really love your build and the fact is that is a scion is a YES YES build for me :D (+cyclone), therefore I decided to slowly build it in harvest while I am leveling with another character.

My first question is it as it follows: On the scepter, as you can see I've hit T1 light dmg, and I was wondering if is great on the build or if that Mod doesn't get along with the build and I should keep re-rolling.

Second: Did I made the right choice with the Helmet + enchant? or should I go for cyclone for Attack speed since I will go for 1.9 aps Scepter.

Third: The Enchant on the boots is great or I should keep re-rolling for Movement speed?

Thank you and a I am looking forward to your answer!

Have a great day, exile!
Just wanted to jump in and say how much i love the build.

Currently level 99 working on 100, which will be a breeze since this char just wont't die.Ever.

Current gear:

I could invest more and get even more damage, but at this point it already melts all content so im in no rush.

Really great job on the guide.
"
evilsures wrote:

Hello there N0esy!

I've been trying to catch you online for some stupid questions, but no luck whatsoever.

First things first, I really love your build and the fact is that is a scion is a YES YES build for me :D (+cyclone), therefore I decided to slowly build it in harvest while I am leveling with another character.

My first question is it as it follows: On the scepter, as you can see I've hit T1 light dmg, and I was wondering if is great on the build or if that Mod doesn't get along with the build and I should keep re-rolling.

Second: Did I made the right choice with the Helmet + enchant? or should I go for cyclone for Attack speed since I will go for 1.9 aps Scepter.

Third: The Enchant on the boots is great or I should keep re-rolling for Movement speed?

Have a great day, exile!

I'll try to help a little

* The Lightning Damage on the weapon is completely useless - sorry. You want to scale the dmg of Ball Lightning. This is a local stat, meaning it only applies to the weapon (and thus adds a little lightning dmg to cyclone, which does not help at all)
* The Ball Lightning extra dmg on the helmet is ok, but with 52% CDR in later stages, it's so hard to get close to the attack speed cap, that I would go with +10-15% cyclone speed. But this is really not needed, go with your helmet if you want
* The enchant on the boots is obviously very nice for bossing (except maven, because you constantly kill stuff there). But hell, crafting boots from the ground up with CDR, good speed and good life is a freaking hell of ride ;-)
"
evilsures wrote:

Hello there N0esy!

Have a great day, exile!

1. The added lightning damage mod is useless for this build.
2. Your enchant is good. I recommended increased cyclone attack speed last league, but getting attack speed is easier with the new pathfinder version.
3. This is really up to you. Do you want more movement speed or boss DPS?
"
broncean wrote:
Just wanted to jump in and say how much i love the build.

Currently level 99 working on 100, which will be a breeze since this char just wont't die.Ever.

Current gear:
Spoiler

I could invest more and get even more damage, but at this point it already melts all content so im in no rush.

Really great job on the guide.

Thank you for the comment. I'm happy to hear that you love my build.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
evilsures wrote:

Hello there N0esy!

Have a great day, exile!

1. The added lightning damage mod is useless for this build.
2. Your enchant is good. I recommended increased cyclone attack speed last league, but getting attack speed is easier with the new pathfinder version.
3. This is really up to you. Do you want more movement speed or boss DPS?

Hey there N0esy,

Thank you for your reply, I also took the advice from WhiteAoT and switched things around.

I've changed the Helmet enchant with a Cyclone Attack speed, and now I preparing the Helmet and chest to awaorb them. I won't go for Elevated mods, since I think is great as it is and for starters it will do great, if I feel like I will need it afterwards, I will elevate them.

The weapon now is waiting for Keep Suffixes and hope for the best :D, slowly but steady

Thank you for you help, as well to WhiteAoT.

I am looking forward to play this insane build.
Hey N0sey i had a quick question, im at like 7.50aps with 32%CDR i was wondering if awakened CoC is only worth it if i can get 10aps or is it still an upgrade with 7.50aps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info