[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

Any trick to buy large cluster with overlord. i failed 3 times, get a bad node location.

Last edited by enolcycer21 on Feb 5, 2021, 9:40:47 PM
"
enolcycer21 wrote:
Any trick to buy large cluster with overlord. i failed 3 times, get a bad node location.

"
The best combination of notables is Overlord + Vicious Skewering. All other combinations of notable mods put Overlord at the furthest position, forcing you to waste two additional passive points. If you want to craft this one, buy a jewel with overlord (the only notable mod) and use "aug phys". The possible outcome is either Vicious Skewering (75% chance) or Devastator (25%).
"
enolcycer21 wrote:

In addition to what noesy said, you can also use harvest crafts "non-attack to attack", which has a good chance of adding a third notable that will push overlord to the front. All notables have attack tag, and attack speed can also roll on suffix. If you have 2 prefix notables and 2 non-notable suffixes, then non-attack to attack twice guarantees you hit a notable. I think both those jewels are worth attempting the craft on as it's quite cheap (30c or so on TFT).
"
efun wrote:
"
enolcycer21 wrote:

In addition to what noesy said, you can also use harvest crafts "non-attack to attack", which has a good chance of adding a third notable that will push overlord to the front. All notables have attack tag, and attack speed can also roll on suffix. If you have 2 prefix notables and 2 non-notable suffixes, then non-attack to attack twice guarantees you hit a notable. I think both those jewels are worth attempting the craft on as it's quite cheap (30c or so on TFT).

as augment physical seem too much cost than non attack. So i do with 2 remove non attck and push overlord on the correct node location. Now can finish with 3 large cluster.

Next project is craft a power charge shied. Any tips please help!! Thanks

ps. ignored the price of the shield. just a joking price because i don't want to sell it.
"
enolcycer21 wrote:
"
efun wrote:
"
enolcycer21 wrote:

as augment physical seem too much cost than non attack. So i do with 2 remove non attck and push overlord on the correct node location. Now can finish with 3 large cluster.

ps. ignored the price of the shield. just a joking price because i don't want to sell it.

I don't think most people need a power charge shield since cost/reward balance is not good. I haven't mentioned it in the guide, either. But if you are interested:
1) Make sure that your shield is ilvl 84+.
2) Spam metallic fossils for 100-109% inc lightning damage (requires 250 fossils on average).
3) Block the suffixes and aug lightning for +1 to level of lighting gems. If you got "gain x% of lightning damage as extra chaos", aug lightning again and remove chaos.
4) Aug life for life.
5) Reforge while keeping prefixes many, many times until you get the T1 spell block.
6) Add one or two resist mods you need.
Last edited by N0esy on Feb 7, 2021, 10:17:28 PM

ps. ignored the price of the shield. just a joking price because i don't want to sell it. [/quote]
"

I don't think most people need a power charge shield since cost/reward balance is not good. I haven't mentioned it in the guide, either. But if you are interested:
1) Make sure that your shield is ilvl 84+.
2) Spam metallic fossils for 100-109% inc lightning damage (requires 250 fossils on average).
3) Block the suffixes and aug lightning for +1 to level of lighting gems. If you got "gain x% of lightning damage as extra chaos", aug lightning again and remove chaos.
4) Aug life for life.
5) Reforge while keeping prefixes many, many times until you get the T1 spell block.
6) Add one or two resist mods you need.

seem a lot of currency to spend. I will check pob to compare. My shield in ilvl81 Maybe i will use the current shield and improve the jewel for min max. Thanks.

Last edited by enolcycer21 on Feb 8, 2021, 12:15:53 AM
"
enolcycer21 wrote:

seem a lot of currency to spend. I will check pob to compare. My shield in ilvl81 Maybe i will use the current shield and improve the jewel for min max. Thanks.

Each +1 gem level on ball lightning only gives you about +3-50 flat lightning damage. It depends on your setup, but a shield with 40-50% increased spell/lightning damage can be just as good as a shield with +1 lightning gems (you can check your PoB, it depends how much % spell/lightning damage you already have). This is why noesy suggests going for T1 lightning damage (100-109% increased lightning damage) first, since it could give you a boost similar to +2-3 lightning gems. Of course, you can then add on +1 lightning gems for an even bigger boost. T1 lightning damage can only roll on an ilvl84+ shield which is why he recommends that base.

If you want to craft on your existing power charge base, just know that it can't roll T1 resists or ele damage %. Still, you only lose out on 10% spell damage at the top end. Hitting 60-80% spell (or lightning) damage is already pretty good.

Metallic fossils and resonators are pretty cheap so you can just roll metallic fossil until 60%+ lightning (or spell) damage and go from there. If you're looking for spell block, you can bench craft spell block and then use the harvest craft "Reroll a Rare item, being much more likely to receive the same modifier types" to have a good chance at getting spell block as a non-crafted mod. Note that this will reroll all your tiers, so don't use it on a good roll (like 90% lightning damage). But a shield with +20 life, 20% lightning damage, and crafted spell block can potentially reroll T1 life, T2 lightning damage, T1 spell block.
"
efun wrote:
If you're looking for spell block, you can bench craft spell block and then use the harvest craft "Reroll a Rare item, being much more likely to receive the same modifier types" to have a good chance at getting spell block as a non-crafted mod. Note that this will reroll all your tiers, so don't use it on a good roll (like 90% lightning damage). But a shield with +20 life, 20% lightning damage, and crafted spell block can potentially reroll T1 life, T2 lightning damage, T1 spell block.

Interesting idea. Thanks for sharing.
I'm wondering if the following crafting scheme works.

1. Prepare a shield with desired prefixes
e.g. 109% increased lightning damage, 1% increased damage per 1% block chance, +109 to max life.
2. Remove suffixes (craft prefixes cannot be changed and scour).
3. Craft multimod, prefixes cannot be changed, and spell block.
4. Use "reroll a rare item, being much more likely to receive the same modifier types"
5. (expected result) You keep all the prefixes, and the crafted spell block mod becomes a non-crafted one.
6. If you get T2 spell block, craft "prefixes cannot be changed" and try again.

This is expensive but a lot better than just repeating "keeping prefixes" craft if it works. I'll experiment this later this week...
Last edited by N0esy on Feb 10, 2021, 5:06:31 AM
"
N0esy wrote:
I'm wondering if the following crafting scheme works.

1. Prepare a shield with desired prefixes
e.g. 109% increased lightning damage, 1% increased damage per 1% block chance, +109 to max life.
2. Remove suffixes (craft prefixes cannot be changed and scour).
3. Craft multimod, prefixes cannot be changed, and spell block.
4. Use "reroll a rare item, being much more likely to receive the same modifier types"
5. (expected result) You keep all the prefixes, and the crafted spell block mod becomes a non-crafted one.
6. If you get T2 spell block, craft "prefixes cannot be changed" and try again.

This is expensive but a lot better than just repeating "keeping prefixes" craft if it works. I'll experiment this later this week...

The reroll crafts apparently do respect "prefixes cannot be changed" (according to some harvest league reddit posts) so this should work!

Btw I got the idea for the craft/reroll from watching the harvest SSFHC gauntlet races. I think the goal was getting a shaper shield with reduced mana reservation + spell block. They would chaos roll with harvest until reduced mana reservation, craft spell block, and try for T1 spell block that way.

I was always throwing those crafts away thinking they were useless... unfortunately it's not really a craft people save to sell, but it's common enough you can farm it yourself. You're not guaranteed to get spell block of course, and it can roll extra mods, but it gives you "similar" mods more consistently than you'd expect.
Last edited by efun on Feb 10, 2021, 4:47:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info