Client Cash

So after todays update i got this info:

Sry for language but the info is obvious i guess.

After the line gets 100% update progress client crashes and cant do anything.

Here is log:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH  
Application Name: Client.exe  
Application Version: 0.0.0.0  
Application Timestamp: 514ce6b4  
Fault Module Name: Client.exe  
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0  
Module Timestamp error: 514ce6b4  
Exception Code: c0000005  
Exception Offset: 0033e8de  
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1  
Locale ID: 1045  
Additional Information 1: 0a9e  
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789  
Additional Information 3: 0a9e  
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

So here are things that i made:
1. I removed production_login.credentials
2. Made PathCheck
3. Reinstalled the game
4. Fire wall off
5. Reinstalled graph card drivers

Win 7 64 bit, intel core 2 duo, geforce 250 gts, asus xonar ds as a sound card.

Any1 got an idea whats wrong? I didnt have any problems lately, just now after this new patch came.
Maybe its coz of ur servers crashed?

Last edited by lek1337 on Mar 28, 2013, 6:47:33 PM
The 502 error is something different.

There is something going on with their CDN. It shouldn't be causing a crash however.

Has it finished patching? Have you tried running it using the VPN method? (check the sticky thread)
It seems like it finished already, but who knows. I really dont want any VPN style running. I want normal way, it was all ok till this update, so i guess this is the problem..
"
lek1337 wrote:
It seems like it finished already, but who knows. I really dont want any VPN style running. I want normal way, it was all ok till this update, so i guess this is the problem..

Some ISPs cache data. The VPN method is only for patching. Using the VPN for patching ensures that you're not getting a cached copy of the data (which can cause data corruption and crashes).

I'm not suggesting to always run the VPN, but just to do so for the patching of the game to prevent these kinds of issues.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
lek1337 wrote:

Some ISPs cache data. The VPN method is only for patching. Using the VPN for patching ensures that you're not getting a cached copy of the data (which can cause data corruption and crashes).

I'm not suggesting to always run the VPN, but just to do so for the patching of the game to prevent these kinds of issues.

I will try then, but for now i cant even download client, coz their server problems :)
"
lek1337 wrote:
I will try then, but for now i cant even download client, coz their server problems :)

You don't need to re-install.

Just rename (or delete if you don't want it anymore) the Content.ggpk file in the Game install directory. This is the file that becomes corrupted. Moving it or deleting it will cause the Client to re-download it again. Keep in mind that it is a LARGE file and will take a bit of time to download... which is why I personally recommend renaming the file rather than deleting it.

Once you're up and running again, you can delete the old one.
As i wrote before i already reinstalled the game by renaming the file u said. I tried other thing (a bit foolish) uninstalling the whole game. So now Im stucked, while no client :) And downloading np for me, 15 min and done. So i guess no poe for today, I will try tomorrow morning. Thx for ur replies bro!
"
lek1337 wrote:
As i wrote before i already reinstalled the game by renaming the file u said. I tried other thing (a bit foolish) uninstalling the whole game. So now Im stucked, while no client :) And downloading np for me, 15 min and done. So i guess no poe for today, I will try tomorrow morning. Thx for ur replies bro!

If you need to download the client to re-install it, you can get the installer from this link. Yes it will work.

Edit: As for renaming the file I talked about.. you didn't try with the VPN, so it's highly possible you just corrupted it again with the same process that got you into this mess.
Last edited by Drakier on Mar 28, 2013, 7:08:01 PM
Ty for ur concern. It went good. I didnt do anything. So i guess it was a problem from poe side. Shame that i wasted so much to time to fix this up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info