GGG game lack randomness, something more needed...

I strongly believe that GGG must enhance with various ways this "random" factor of the game in order to make the countless gear/orb runs we do less boring & more interesting, I think we must help them to take the right path with our suggestions/ideas so if u have some good idea go ahead and say it.

My idea the first thing that came to my mind was to add some random events like for example depend on which map u r, there is chance for some npc to appear and assign u a mini Q with Orbs as rewards just saying this will be something to looking forward to every time u go out there for farming, the Q ofc will be something simple like slay a specific mob this mob must be a special boss stronger than gold mobs we find on map and it must spawn somewhere/anywhere on map so from that point on we must explore very good the map to find & slay it.

Also another good idea that I just thought is to find human npc in danger at random on map, those humans must have HP bars and we have a few seconds to help them before they die if we succeed we will get some kind of reward that's up to GGG to decide, also if we fail to save them they must die in a very brutal way :P

One last idea that I wanted to see in some dark ARPG for 4ever it's random hidden doors on dungeons that we must discover in order to move to some secret room/floor where we must kill some boss with a lot of minions in order to open some huge chest for example!

So go ahead GGG add some spiciness to exploration & repetitiveness, we r going to farm for weeks maybe months in order to complete our char the game really need this spiciness to be less boring & more interesting, if some1 have a good idea I would like to hear it.
Last edited by rpgmaniac on Apr 27, 2012, 10:34:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
rpgmaniac wrote:

One last idea that I wanted to see in some dark ARPG for 4ever it's random hidden doors on dungeons that we must discover in order to move to some secret room/floor where we must kill some boss with a lot of minions in order to open some huge chest for example!

There is a suggestion section and This is something I'm actually very intersted in sort of.

Its been popular in ARPG's since HGL, Hidden bonus rooms or Stages within a map that are rare and random, Rewarding players for exploring maps, including in ladder races etc.

Making it so the most direct path may not be the best.
quests I don't care for, secret rooms are awesome tho
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
In D2 I just about freaked out when I found a coupla secret rooms, wholly by accident! They were in the Catacombs on your way down to have a chat with The Maiden of Pain.

Didn't amount to much, and seemed to be more a gesture than an integrated feature of the game (since you never saw anything like it anywhere else, again), but it was still quite cool. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
In D2 I just about freaked out when I found a coupla secret rooms, wholly by accident! They were in the Catacombs on your way down to have a chat with The Maiden of Pain.

Didn't amount to much, and seemed to be more a gesture than an integrated feature of the game (since you never saw anything like it anywhere else, again), but it was still quite cool. =^[.]^=

The jail levels had better secret rooms. You had to find and click the fake walls to enter.
"
Eviathluc wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

The jail levels had better secret rooms. You had to find and click the fake walls to enter.

*Nodnods.* That was what I meant. Only way I knew *something* was there was because I could glimpse things I had no access to. Then, by fussing around looking for a way in, Voila! I found one! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I had no idea. I always assumed those were errors in the random level generator, never thought there could be a way in.

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info