[3.12] Ground Slam + CoS || Fast Mapping || Tanky || One Bonk boss || League Start

i have serious issues with this build. with the calculation provided by OP, i should be doing avg 124M DMG with Call of Steel. But reality looks like this:
Elder (normal), i buff myself to max (warcries, flasks) i hit the Elder, use CoS and he looses like 5-10% HP. I beat him down to phase 2, beat the portals and when the phase 3 starts, i again buff myself to full, hit, CoS and 50% HP down. Still no 124M at all.

The same on map bosses, sometimes i one shot them, sometimes i do like 20-30% of theirs HP worth of DMG.

Heres my PoB (fork): https://pastebin.com/mEaQ1uKD
"
blekotacz wrote:
i have serious issues with this build. with the calculation provided by OP, i should be doing avg 124M DMG with Call of Steel. But reality looks like this:
Elder (normal), i buff myself to max (warcries, flasks) i hit the Elder, use CoS and he looses like 5-10% HP. I beat him down to phase 2, beat the portals and when the phase 3 starts, i again buff myself to full, hit, CoS and 50% HP down. Still no 124M at all.

The same on map bosses, sometimes i one shot them, sometimes i do like 20-30% of theirs HP worth of DMG.

Heres my PoB (fork): https://pastebin.com/mEaQ1uKD

The one hit dmg range is really high. If it hit a lower roll then you will lost like chunk of dmg like half. Also, the timing of ruthless is kinda hard to aim, so sometimes you might not have ruthless hit.
Last edited by ahunterkee on Oct 18, 2020, 3:05:12 PM
Hi!

Funny and super quick/cheap build :D

I have couple questions!

- Is war banner necessary or can we swap it with dread banner for more impale chances?

- Actually do impale chances matter? I have a watcher's eye with +25% impale chance when pride is active. Should I use it or just take a plain abyss eye with phys damage?

- Is it normal to have CWDT so high in level? Having the threshold to more than 3000hp seems risky to me, how do I avoid sad big hits from monsters?

Seems a bit weak on the defence side, like DoTs are draining life like crazy :D but really really funny, thanks!
Last edited by liukke on Oct 19, 2020, 5:30:05 AM
I don't know why using phase run? Does it important?
p/s: nvm, i got it, 30% more damage
Last edited by manasuke on Oct 19, 2020, 5:42:40 AM
"
liukke wrote:
Hi!

I have couple questions!

- Is war banner necessary or can we swap it with dread banner for more impale chances?

- Actually do impale chances matter? I have a watcher's eye with +25% impale chance when pride is active. Should I use it or just take a plain abyss eye with phys damage?

- Is it normal to have CWDT so high in level? Having the threshold to more than 3000hp seems risky to me, how do I avoid sad big hits from monsters?

Seems a bit weak on the defence side, like DoTs are draining life like crazy :D but really really funny, thanks!

- War banner is for adrenaline for one shot

- You must have 100% impale chance, abyss eye with phy is better than watcher's eye impale chance

- The reason you have high CWDT is to prevent one shot:
if you have low leve, then many small hit will trigger cwdt, then your molten shell will up and went to cooldown a lot. In this case, when you face one shot, you might not have it up.

With high level molten shell means:
- It only trigger when you take chunk of dmg
- Then trigger a huge defense prevent you take another chunk of big hit

Thus, high level cwdt will prevent monster one shot you

Yes, dot will drain you life so you need chaos resis or if you want more tanky, a divine flesh jewel.
Last edited by ahunterkee on Oct 19, 2020, 5:57:30 AM
"
ahunterkee wrote:
"
liukke wrote:
Hi!

I have couple questions!

- War banner is for adrenaline for one shot

- You must have 100% impale chance, abyss eye with phy is better than watcher's eye impale chance

- The reason you have high CWDT is to prevent one shot:
if you have low leve, then many small hit will trigger cwdt, then your molten shell will up and went to cooldown a lot. In this case, when you face one shot, you might not have it up.

With high level molten shell means:
- It only trigger when you take chunk of dmg
- Then trigger a huge defense prevent you take another chunk of big hit

Thus, high level cwdt will prevent monster one shot you

Yes, dot will drain you life so you need chaos resis or if you want more tanky, a divine flesh jewel.

It makes sense thanks

According to my character sheet I have 70% impale chance, I've followed the passive tree as in PoB and I'm lvl92, just missing a few boosts but no impale stuff that I know.
With the watcher's eye it goes up to 95% but all in all I don't trust the character sheet in game.

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

P.s.
oh all those values are in the hideout, so if it increases in combat I'm ok with that.
I just wonder if it's correct or I'm missing something.
Last edited by liukke on Oct 19, 2020, 6:59:31 AM
"
liukke wrote:

It makes sense thanks

According to my character sheet I have 70% impale chance, I've followed the passive tree as in PoB and I'm lvl92, just missing a few boosts but no impale stuff that I know.
With the watcher's eye it goes up to 95% but all in all I don't trust the character sheet in game.

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

P.s.
oh all those values are in the hideout, so if it increases in combat I'm ok with that.

You suppose to have 100% impale chance in hideout for sure.

You get:
+40% from impale gem
+20% from ascendancy
+30% from bottom(Swift Skewering)
+20% from top(Forceful Skewering)

You can use the watcher's eye if you want to remove the bottom 4 point
"
ahunterkee wrote:
"
liukke wrote:

It makes sense thanks

Am I missing something?
Thanks!

P.s.

You suppose to have 100% impale chance in hideout for sure.

You get:
+40% from impale gem
+20% from ascendancy
+30% from bottom(Swift Skewering)
+20% from top(Forceful Skewering)

You can use the watcher's eye if you want to remove the bottom 4 point

I see but looking at the skewering skills description they raise only 15% and not 20-30%.
I'll work on the gem though, there's margin on that one and see where I get :O

Thanks!

Edit:
nope, I don't have margin on the gem :D but well, I'll find the problem
Last edited by liukke on Oct 19, 2020, 8:22:50 AM
"
liukke wrote:

I see but looking at the skewering skills description they raise only 15% and not 20-30%.

Thanks!

Edit:

I am pretty sure you already have 100% impale chance, the skewering part I mean the total you get include small node.

Are you sure when you check your char, you select your ground slam not default attack?
"
ahunterkee wrote:
"
liukke wrote:

Thanks!

Edit:

I am pretty sure you already have 100% impale chance, the skewering part I mean the total you get include small node.

Are you sure when you check your char, you select your ground slam not default attack?

Ok, I had to tweak PoB and manually enter a new skill group with properly linked ground slam because the one imported with the character was kinda wrong and kept giving me that 70% chance.
So yep, according to PoB there's 100% impale on the linked ground slam.

Sorry for the whole confusion, I'm noob (of course) and that software is kinda tricky to properly set up.
Also the game doesn't help at all, my ground slam tooltip just says "40% chance to impale enemies on hit"...meh, I wasted your time, sorry.

I just oneshotted a T16 corrupted boss though, I owe you one :D

Now, I've a quick defense question, since it's my weakest point (with fast enemies and constant shooting ones I'm always dead for good).
Would it make sense to change the shield to another one with still atk speed?
I found some with +30% chaos res and higher hp/evasion count.
I would lose the phys atk (which for now seems to be uber awesome) and most importantly the added block chance against spells.

Would it be even more suicide or do you have any tip for defending more? (other than store in even more hp)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info