Getting rid of boters/item sellers/"d2jspers"

Hear me out, i had an idea after reading some threads here about having auction house to deter the boters/item sellers, usually in games they just come in public chat and announce their websites, of course those are expendable accounts and they keep making more but i was thinking

Hiring someone to go forth and buy from the item sellers
You know, interacting with them, even paying and receiving the items, but of course this would be someone inside ggg, and then they can track the trade by account, by ip, they can then monitor trades, what accounts are active most of the times, their behaviour, their trade mechanics like a "good" item for a trash or non item, and then ban/ disable /delete all these proven item seller accounts , of course they will use proxies and there are ips you cant ban

Hell i will do it for free and use my own money, let us do some policing for you ggg, just as long as we know youre doing something to fuck up their chars/stashes :O

in b4 flames
Letting scammers know in advance that you'll actually give them money in a roundabout attempt to catch them is a great way to invite scammers. There are ways to detect the sorts of patterns you're talking about without actively encouraging the thing you're trying to prevent. It's generally a bad idea to discuss specifics of the system they actually plan to use in public, though; every piece of information they provide about how the system works makes it that much easier for scammers to find ways around it.
I'm fine with getting rid of botters and item sellers, but I have no issue with people using 3rd party forums for trading like d2jsp
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
d2jsp example:

After playing A MMORPG for some time a player accumulated vast quantities of 'valuable' items.

When he/she got bored of that game, d2jsp allowed to transfer the goods into forum points (direct exchange with other players).

Now the points can be exchanged for PoE items.
So theoretically he/she could begin PoE as already wealthy player with, lets say, 1000 Orbs of Alchemy.
THEORETICALLY ONLY, because for this system to work there must be some players willing to exchange their PoE goods for d2jsp points. At the beginning of game (open beta) no one will have the items yet AND no one will want to exchange them for d2jsp points because d2jsp points would have no value in PoE yet.

D2jsp works very well only for games already established.
I do not believe d2jsp would in any negative way influence PoE economy.

BTW, if I am not wrong I saw post where someone was referring to Chris as mediator on d2jsp??

Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info