[3.13] MOM & POP Skeletons - Strong at Bosses & Heists

"
Machy2224 wrote:
Hey, read a bit through the guide and the replies, and your build seems pretty fun. I was just wondering if you could help me pick the most sweaty/meta/best boss killing chonker (minion) build. I am pretty bored of dying as assasin / miner because i suck at dodging and would actually like to get to end game stuff like cortex , awak 8, oshatree or even mawen o.O.

Thank you very much!
Well you can get sweaty with this build but you really don't have to! Survivability and boss damage are both very strong and everything but the 6L helmet is quite budget-friendly. I got the helmet I'm wearing right now for 3ex:

Budget helmets that will work just fine for a long time can be anywhere from 20-50c.

There are plenty of other minion builds out there, this one plays more like a caster with support minions to back you up.

TBH, there are plenty of meta minion builds that can boast greater end-results than mine here. I recommend it for anyone who wants to try out Popcorn Skeletons without worrying about whether it will be endgame viable. I recommend it for anyone on an average budget who wants a "do-anything" character.

"
Cyzax wrote:
At L75 now. Got Large and medium cluster jewels as in the guide (though the large is to be replaced as it only has two notables), but not the smalls. Very fun and powerful build :-)

Now to ramp up on the starting equipment...

Looking strong, get some better +Life gear and put "% damage recouped as mana" on your jewelry and you should cruise right into t16 and beyond. I do recommend replacing one of those Life Flasks with a Mana Flask.
"
]Looking strong, get some better +Life gear and put "% damage recouped as mana" on your jewelry and you should cruise right into t16 and beyond. I do recommend replacing one of those Life Flasks with a Mana Flask.

This is just my cheap starting map gear (basically enough to get resists up and whatever life I could get), one of the rings is still a self-found from levelling.
What I generally do is equip that, grind map tiers until I hit something hard, then look at my currency and upgrade :-)

I haven't gone for 'The Agnostic' yet as I want a bit more life buffer before I remove the energy shield. Flasks are also still not optimised as I'll do that when I start needing them :-p

First item to upgrade will probably be getting a +3 helmet :-)
Last edited by Cyzax on Jan 29, 2021, 8:05:33 AM
This came up at 2EX... That'll do:

This added 5C to get resists back up:

:-)
"152000: 2x Axiom Warden, 3x Slum Lord
76360: 3x Axiom Warden
17260: 2x Axiom Warden, 1x Slum Lord"

For Elegant Hubris, 152000 is the minimum coins or must it be exactly that?
Never used Elegant Hubris before so not sure how it works...
"
SirNuggets wrote:
"152000: 2x Axiom Warden, 3x Slum Lord
76360: 3x Axiom Warden
17260: 2x Axiom Warden, 1x Slum Lord"

For Elegant Hubris, 152000 is the minimum coins or must it be exactly that?
Never used Elegant Hubris before so not sure how it works...

The number in EH and the others is simply a representation of the internal random number determining its effect. AFAIK nobody has yet decoded how the numbers translate to effect, but it is not straightforward.
Using a Divine Orb simply rerolls that number, and you can then see if the effects suit you.
Hello!

Thank you for your build :) Anyway i have some problems with survivability. Here is my POB:

https://pastebin.com/U90EQgdp

I have big problem with minotaur. I am on 1 shot and couldnt kill him.

Still what i should upgrade to get more dmg and survivability? i have aroud ~15ex to spend.

Thx for any help :)
"
fizel104 wrote:
Hello!

Thank you for your build :) Anyway i have some problems with survivability. Here is my POB:

https://pastebin.com/U90EQgdp

I have big problem with minotaur. I am on 1 shot and couldnt kill him.

Still what i should upgrade to get more dmg and survivability? i have aroud ~15ex to spend.

Thx for any help :)

Hi

I'm not an expert on this build, just started playing it, but I think I spotted a couple of problems in your tree, Righteous Army and Sacrifice. All the minion life regen means your skellies explode slower.

If you spec out of those, and only allocate the 12% minion life by Sacrifice, you'll have another 5 skill points to spend. Spend one on the 6% life node by Devotion, another on the Scion jewel slot (fill with a Ghastly Jewel as specified in the guide), then get a Fettle minor cluster jewel (2 passive) in your minor cluster jewel slot (maybe replace the other minor jewel with one as well). Your Pandemonium Stone jewel should be replaced with a Ghastly Jewel as well.

On your items, you need to replace both your Earendels. They need to do at least 29% damage (optimally 30%) to the skellies per second, or they explode very slowly. I also think you can find a better Watcher's Eye with your budget.

Just my £0.02... :-)
Last edited by Cyzax on Jan 31, 2021, 2:49:29 PM
Hello You HAVE TO dodge all minautor attack as they are phys based with big flat damage so you will get one shoted even in blue map with as little phys mitigation. he has 3 dif attack patterns to learn. Awfull boss design imo almost impossible with my inernet lag

Maybe try basalt + granite + tàste of hàte if you can killim quick
Last edited by Promaore on Jan 31, 2021, 3:28:20 PM
"
Hi

I'm not an expert on this build, just started playing it, but I think I spotted a couple of problems in your tree, Righteous Army and Sacrifice. All the minion life regen means your skellies explode slower.

If you spec out of those, and only allocate the 12% minion life by Sacrifice, you'll have another 5 skill points to spend. Spend one on the 6% life node by Devotion, another on the Scion jewel slot (fill with a Ghastly Jewel as specified in the guide), then get a Fettle minor cluster jewel (2 passive) in your minor cluster jewel slot (maybe replace the other minor jewel with one as well). Your Pandemonium Stone jewel should be replaced with a Ghastly Jewel as well.

On your items, you need to replace both your Earendels. They need to do at least 29% damage (optimally 30%) to the skellies per second, or they explode very slowly. I also think you can find a better Watcher's Eye with your budget.

Just my £0.02... :-)

Thx for tips. Im wonder why i should leave Rightous Army if its giving 20% Life and in tree guide its also added that skill. I changed earendels and Prismatic jewel but i dont see any diffrences. When i changed my items also on POB i lost over 100k dmg and i dont know why lol. Still lack of dps. I have really problems with killing elders etc. Even some bosses on map are hard for me. Sometimes time to kill some boss is taking even 30 sec... :(

Anyway i made changes what u metioned

POB: https://pastebin.com/mAb55TQV

"
Hello You HAVE TO dodge all minautor attack as they are phys based with big flat damage so you will get one shoted even in blue map with as little phys mitigation. he has 3 dif attack patterns to learn. Awfull boss design imo almost impossible with my inernet lag

Maybe try basalt + granite + tàste of hàte if you can killim quick

The worst thing is i dont have dps... he left with 50% hp and no more portals :/

Last edited by fizel104 on Jan 31, 2021, 5:18:10 PM
"
fizel104 wrote:
Im wonder why i should leave Rightous Army if its giving 20% Life and in tree guide its also added that skill.

The main reason I suggested it was that the 1% minion life regen will slow down the rate at which the skellies pop, and because you were low on HP (which the skill points would help with).

EDIT: I see you still have Sacrifice allocated. The 10% minion resist in there mean you suffer a 10% DPS hit, because it means your skellies burn slower (you'll have 10% less skellies pop per second). This was the same reason the Earendels had to be upgraded. The minion regen doesn't help either. I haven't done any calc, but allocating this node probably cost you DPS overall...

How are you mainly recovering life? Through life or mana flasks? Mana flasks have more charges, so they can be more 'bang for the buck'... You can also get +20 charges on them which is 2.5 activations.
EDIT: Both your current mana flasks are not optimal, nor your life flask... You get way too little sustain from them.

Are you remembering to keep your offering and flammability up? Also of.c. remember not to cast skellies when you're at max. skelly count minus how many you summon with each cast. Otherwise you'll replace your oldest ones before they pop.

Minotaur is a b*tch for any non-tank build... mainly because of the arena 'features'... You have to be quite adept at dodging manually, otherwise you will be one-shot... I did think this build might struggle with that, but thought it would be fun anyway :-p

"
fizel104 wrote:
I changed earendels and Prismatic jewel but i dont see any diffrences. When i changed my items also on POB i lost over 100k dmg and i dont know why lol

No idea... PoB is not always accurate, and your old Earendels would have cost you a lot of real DPS.

I got a Watcher's Eye like this, and equipped a level 1 Vitality... Helps a bit with life from flasks. There are more expensive options too (regen).
Last edited by Cyzax on Jan 31, 2021, 5:29:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info