[DEAD] 20M Sirus DPS Replica Iron Commander Shrapnel Ballista Hiero [18 totems] [2200 strength]

Hi,

sorry i'm a beginner - played your build in end of heist and i loved it.

Why exactly is the build dead?

for me

"
Shrapnel Ballista
Now allows you to place an additional totem at gem level 11, and again at gem level 22.

Sounds great, doesnt it?

And i also can't find any updates in the patch notes to the Replica Iron Commander.
Sure there are Hierophant changes / nerfs - but is this nerf that big?

Thanks and greetings
Last edited by bauerinc on Jan 13, 2021, 3:22:25 AM
Now allows you to place an additional totem at gem level 11, and again at gem level 22.
oh my god... thats the hughe gem buff we all expected /hoped to make up for those ridiculous harsh nerfs to the items/Ascendancy class

but most annoying for me is the fact that they even nerf existing replica alberan's in standard with no reason. I can't even imagine a sensefull reason for that.

Have fun Lharr
"
bauerinc wrote:

Why exactly is the build dead?

for me

"
Shrapnel Ballista

Sounds great, doesnt it?

With that 2 extra totem in a 18 totem build, the damage buff does not cover the 38% loss from Replica Alberon's Warpath.

Plus Hierophant losing its duo totem node means you need double the previous time required to summon all ballistas.

So in terms of efficiency and dps the build no longer feels comfortable to play now. Even if it does the cost is way too high and unworthy to do so.
I play builds that guarantee to be destroyed in 4 months.
Last edited by FunRoom on Jan 13, 2021, 9:26:51 AM
and you need double as much mana to place the totems one by one than you did before placing them 2 by 2, you will run in mana issues

Have fun Lharr
I dont even see how you reach easy the lvl 22 if not with a lvl 21 ballista gem and an awakened chaos damage as support. So more realistic we talk about 1 additional ballista from lvl11
"
TheBull100 wrote:
and you need double as much mana to place the totems one by one than you did before placing them 2 by 2, you will run in mana issues

Have fun Lharr

Enduring Eternal Mana flask of something(e.g. elemental resistances) - during it's effect there is no mana issues, it has plenty of charges before depletion.
There once was an exile who found a map of infinite doctors.
"
FunRoom wrote:
"
bauerinc wrote:

So in terms of efficiency and dps the build no longer feels comfortable to play now. Even if it does the cost is way too high and unworthy to do so.

The question now is: is there ANY viable builds remain? I see crazy nerfs for almost all popular META builds. What are candidate builds for replacement with similar playstyle? Maybe ele-hit ballista build. But will it be more effective than nerfed this one?
"
Programysh wrote:
"
TheBull100 wrote:

Have fun Lharr

Enduring Eternal Mana flask of something(e.g. elemental resistances) - during it's effect there is no mana issues, it has plenty of charges before depletion.

1.using a mana flask will cut me off an utiility flask I have now
2. try it yourself , unspec Ritual of awakening with your lvl97 Hiero,
I can cast 6 totems than my unreserved mana is spent, I would need hit a mana flask now to cast more ballistas

I dont say its impossible but its not even a decent build anymore with all that
"
TheBull100 wrote:
"
Programysh wrote:
"
TheBull100 wrote:

Have fun Lharr

1.using a mana flask will cut me off an utiility flask I have now
2. try it yourself , unspec Ritual of awakening with your lvl97 Hiero,
I can cast 6 totems than my unreserved mana is spent, I would need hit a mana flask now to cast more ballistas

I dont say its impossible but its not even a decent build anymore with all that

Before league start it is a good idea - to test current build by respecking some points to make it close to what to expect. I'll try to test it later.
What else we can respec to emulate the future nerf?
What about using Multiple Totems Support? Maybe a gem-swap for bossing/clearing?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info