[3.13] Burning Arrow Chieftain - 8M+ DPS ignites - Fast Clear - Faster Ignites

I tried a video guide this time in addition to the forum guide. Let me know what you guys think.

Video Guide - https://youtu.be/m9D5B8vr3sM

3.13 update - Chieftain loses 2% regen, nothing else changes. Build will perform the same as last league.

Introduction
Spoiler

After playing burning discharge to 92 I needed to feel some speed. The long 8 second ignites were fun and dealt with everything in the game, but what about ignites that felt like a hit?

I started to stack "ignites deal damage faster" everywhere I could. And things burned. They burned fast.

PoB - Community FORK version required

https://pastebin.com/KgydBTWs

It has budget and expensive gear. Both viable, both fun.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

+Super fast ignites, feels like a hit build when clearing
+Lots of pierce, clear 1.5 screens at a time in a single shot
+8M DPS in endgame gear 5M easily achievable.
+Has "levels" of DPS when needed. Need a bit more? Flame wall. Need a lot more? Wave of Conviction arcanist brand. Wanna melt Shaper+ combine them all.

+/- Bow build, its agile, and ranged but lacks multi layered defense like block/mom etc

-Cant run ele aliments.
-5-6k top end HP as built (can drop some damage and reach 7k)

Gear
Spoiler

Weapon -
Mild - 5L Xoph's Nurture
Wild - 6L Xoph's Nurture w/ Additional arrow and/or onslaught corrupt

Quiver -
Mild - Signal Fire - Added phys as fire roll is important, get a high one.
Wild - Signal Fire w/ Additional arrow and/or phys added as fire damage

Helmet -
Mild - Rare w/ life, res, accuracy
Wild - Rare w/ the above + arrow pierce + added phys and fire enchant

Body Armor - 4+2L
Mild - Rare w/ life, res, or Belly of the Beast
Wild - Rare w/ life, life %, res

Gloves -
Mild - Rare w/ life, res
Wild - Rare w/ life, res, fire damage to attacks, fire dot multi - flammability on hit

Boots -
Mild - Rare w/ life, res, MS
Wild - Rare w/ life, res, MS, faster ignite burns

Amulet -
Mild - Rare w/ dex, life, res, accuracy
Wild - Rare w/ above + ele damage with attacks

Rings -
Mild - Replica Emberwake - Make sure you quality it with ele catalyst
Wild - rare w/ dex, accuracy, ele damage with attacks, life

Belt -
Mild - Dyadian Dawn - quality it with attack/elemental catalyst
Wild - Same

Flask -
Cinderswallow for DPS and sustain.
life
quicksilver
Silver
Sulphur

Jewels -

1x Transcendent Mind
6x life, burn/fire, accuracy % rare jewels (if you cap hit change switch to IAS/burn/life)
1 Large cluster w/ burning bright + whatever
2 Medium cluster w/ burning bright + blowback

Watchers Eye - The dream eye would be
Added phys as fire - anger
DoT multi - Malevolence
Faster Ailments - Malevolence.

Gems -
Spoiler

Weapon -
Burning Arrow(Divergent)-Deadly Ailments-Burning Damage-Elemental Damage with Attacks(Divergent)-Unbound Ailments=Immolate

Swap in GMP or Greater Volley for maps

Auras -
Malevolence-Anger-Enlighten-Enduring Cry

If you stack a few 1% mana res jewels, a 5% helm, and lvl 4 enlighten you can squeeze in HoA

Movement -
Blink Arrow-Second Wind-Faster Attacks-Blood Magic

Trigger -
Immortal call-Vaal Molten Shell-Cast when Damage Taken-Increased Duration

Chest - Pre Flammability on hit gloves
Blood Magic-Wave of Conviction-Hextouch-Flammability-Combustion-Flame Wall

Post Gloves
Wave of Conviction-Arcanist Brand-Combustion-Culling Strike

Then, move flame wall to aura setup and put enduring cry and second wind on a 2l in chest.

Ascendancy/Pantheon/Bandits
Spoiler

1. Ramako
2. Hinekora
3. Tasalio
4.Valako (some dps, some survivability)/Ngamahu(more dps, no survivability)

Bandits - Kill all.

Pantheon - Up to you. We're ranged so not around mobs much, don't get stunned often. Lunaris or Solaris fully upgraded offer some benefits.

Playstyle - Point and shoot. For bosses drop a brand and flame wall, more point and shoot.

Videos -
Spoiler

Build Guide - https://youtu.be/m9D5B8vr3sM
Semi-Endgame kills - https://youtu.be/wPtuttOVj8s

Hope you enjoy! Any suggestions or improvements just let me know.
Last edited by bodhe on Jan 14, 2021, 7:45:53 PM
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2021, 9:43:41 PM
Thanks for the build. How did you level it?
"
Spiattalo wrote:
Thanks for the build. How did you level it?

I respec'd from my discharge build, just wanted to change things up. I would say go melee until first lab and getting some ignite chance, you can get xoph's inception at 23 and should be able to run as the bow build from 30's on.
Sirus down. I don't think I'll ever be able to kill him deathless. Build has what it needs, player doesn't.

Very nice build!
This is what i was looking for :)
I've tried all your builds for this league but i think this one is the most funy.

I wonder if it's possible to make it more tanky?
"
Anaroin wrote:
Very nice build!
This is what i was looking for :)
I've tried all your builds for this league but i think this one is the most funy.

I wonder if it's possible to make it more tanky?

The DPS is pretty overkill for mapping, you could drop some damage nodes and pick up more life. Using a bow we lose access to block, mom, agnostic etc. Being a Chieftain we don't have access to a lot of evade. So its pretty much stack life, armor and regen.

Make sure you have plenty of pierce. For mapping I rarely see mobs, keep quicksilvers up and pre-fire every screen and a half or so. It will clear the next 1.5-2 screens. With onslaught up the attack animation is a lot quicker so its pretty fast.

Even with only 4 pierce, we can go through a few packs. Our ignites burn so fast the prolif stays ahead of the projectile so it only counts as 1-2 pierce per pack.

Looks fun :D Will try this :)
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
"
The DPS is pretty overkill for mapping, you could drop some damage nodes and pick up more life. Using a bow we lose access to block, mom, agnostic etc. Being a Chieftain we don't have access to a lot of evade. So its pretty much stack life, armor and regen.

Make sure you have plenty of pierce. For mapping I rarely see mobs, keep quicksilvers up and pre-fire every screen and a half or so. It will clear the next 1.5-2 screens. With onslaught up the attack animation is a lot quicker so its pretty fast.

Even with only 4 pierce, we can go through a few packs. Our ignites burn so fast the prolif stays ahead of the projectile so it only counts as 1-2 pierce per pack.

The problem is that sometimes i'm perma stunned by monsters and i don't know what to do with it.

Ofc there is no problem in open maps but like in Alva Incrusions and simillar places the problem occurs.
You have Unwavering Stance for 2 points away, cant get stunned :) That might be worth it imo
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
Isn't Berek's Respite the better option in terms of clearspeed? I made an Build around burning arrow trickster und it felt pretty good, just the boss dps are quite low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info