path of exile

im thinking of just buying a beta key, can anyone tell me that has played it or finished it, how many hours do you get from the game, how many acts and whats the level cap ?

thank you
use the search feature or even just scroll down a little there is another one of these threads every 20mins
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
?
I'm being a dick and you're being lazy.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
well done :)
ur Post sounds like u want a full game but this is Beta. I would say wait for the Open beta in June.
IGN: kReiZy
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
ur Post sounds like u want a full game but this is Beta. I would say wait for the Open beta in June.

Not necessarily. The game has a lot of what I would call playability right now.

I think content is a bit of a misnomer in ARPGs. In PoE there is not a lot of unique areas to explore (2 acts worth), but there is a ton of content if you think about the different difficulties and the variety of items and skills (active and passive) you can obtain.

If you just want to experience new areas, PoE isn't especially deep at the moment. In truth, the ARPG genre as it is inherited from Diablo isn't really for you in that case. It is not a genre of exploring areas, it is about exploring builds, character concepts, etc. If you think about the game in terms of defining and perfecting a character, PoE already has dozens if not hundreds of hours of gameplay lined up for you.

This is part of the reason there is no real answer to the OP's question. The answer depends vastly on the player.
Last edited by Britannicus on Apr 26, 2012, 3:40:28 PM
You can have over 20 hours of gameplay. I'd say buy Diablo 3 and also this beta.

You will have Diablo 3 full game soon and can enjoy that for a long time.

Then, you can also play AOE when you are not playing diablo 3 and vice-versa.

You may enjoy this game more and play this more, who knows.

This game has a while to go to be released though. Not sure if it will be done in a few months or maybe more. They need to add voice acting, another class and a lot more to call it ready for release.

However, the beta is fully playable and very fun right now, It is well worth the $10-50 price IMO.
Age of Exile, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Torchlight 2. What a year for gaming, Collect em' all and have some fun!

Oh yea LOL and DOTA2 also for fans of MOBAs. So many games, so little time!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info