[3.12] Scion MOM-COC [Ice Nova + Frostbolt] ALL CONTENT - VIDS AND POB -

Just got this build to maps, feeling pretty smooth so far. For levelling, I just levelled as a Hollow Palm Cyclone/Smite build and then respecced around level 70 into the real build. Levelling was a breeze this way and the build is doing good in early maps thus far, granted I have decent gear.
"
"
CpTiger wrote:
I'm currently doing Scion Ball Lightning Archmage and thinking of respeccing to this for better flow. Could you post a video of T16 100% delirium and/or simulacrum runs?

And also, is it possible to get a Headhunter in there and still make it work?

IDK about Headhunter but the "flow" is one of the reasons why Scion MOM-Mines will always be better then the CoC version. It feels great initially since your just holding down the right button while tapping at your keyboard while everything melts however mana constrains are an real issue.

In delirium, simulacrum and in delve where you never get "open rest time" your mana depletes and your forced into just standing still and letting your mana recover - its why I'm on 21/20 clarity rather then 1/20 clarity to make these waits faster.

Cinderswallow Urn helps here but removing the Speed Flask make you move around like a turtle which isnt as fun. Thus if you plan on farming 100% delirium and/or simulacrum runs I don't recommend this build unless your ok with taking break mid combat.

EDIT: "open rest time" = Time when your not tapping and holding the right mouse button (which you have for most content).

Ah, got it, forgot you can't go 0 mana cyclone with indigon... Hmm, maybe I'll have to try the Mines-version or stick with my Archmage then... Thanks for the quick reply!
"
Chazua wrote:
Just got this build to maps, feeling pretty smooth so far. For levelling, I just levelled as a Hollow Palm Cyclone/Smite build and then respecced around level 70 into the real build. Levelling was a breeze this way and the build is doing good in early maps thus far, granted I have decent gear.

This is great news, so poet-pen + point tree works and Hollow Palm works.

With the Hollow Palm do you need many Orbs of Regret or are the respec points from the ACTs enough?

"
CpTiger wrote:
Ah, got it, forgot you can't go 0 mana cyclone with indigon... Hmm, maybe I'll have to try the Mines-version or stick with my Archmage then... Thanks for the quick reply!

NW, I'm going to have to change my thread title because I forgot about the people wanting to farm simulacrum. It IS possible but its not smooth due to waits.
"
"
Chazua wrote:

This is great news, so poet-pen + point tree works and Hollow Palm works.

With the Hollow Palm do you need many Orbs of Regret or are the respec points from the ACTs enough?

It depends on how fast you want your levelling to be. You can stay close to ranger and go an elemental attack which shouldn't require too much refunding, but won't do as much damage as an impale setup. I opted to path towards duelist and go impale which requires close to 40 refunds, but levelling was extremely easy (instakill everything including bosses). I figured it was worth since 40 regrets isn't very expensive in comparison to the total cost of the build anyway.

I also recorded a quick video of me mapping since I figured others may be curious of what its like, only level 82, but its facerolling t14 maps: https://streamable.com/x92xp6

Feel free to include it in the main post if you'd like
"
Chazua wrote:

I also recorded a quick video of me mapping since I figured others may be curious of what its like, only level 82, but its facerolling t14 maps: https://streamable.com/x92xp6

Feel free to include it in the main post if you'd like

I shall soon, thanks for supporting the thread!!.

I'm now 37/40 (with this build alone) and hit my Heist goal.

So throughout this week and the next I'll be slowly updating the guide with:

Gear explanation, Dangerous mods and alternative Gem choices.

- - -

Next league build guide will be an extreme budget build >5 exa (with harvest being core it might end up being >1 exa - this will be no newb trap so no 6L) for taking down A8 Sirus with low skills. So nothing OP like this which I believe mean most people wont be interested in it.
Last edited by magicdownunder on Oct 19, 2020, 8:46:29 PM
really want to play this build but i'm not that good at leveling skill and what should i use so if someone can help me it would be great thanks <3
First of all thanks for this guide, just switch to this after selling my Aura stacker(got bored) I’m atm having problems sustaining RF, I turn it on and starts draining my mana hard
You need all the cluster and mana node + the mana flask.

"
Dassort wrote:
really want to play this build but i'm not that good at leveling skill and what should i use so if someone can help me it would be great thanks <3

You can level with Poet Pens and just follow the point trees provided or just play anything made for leveling and respec (the respec orbs are very cheap this league).
Last edited by magicdownunder on Oct 22, 2020, 12:18:22 AM
Hey man! Im enjoying the build a lot so thanks for the build!

However one thing that keeps happening to make is the helmet mod that makes your spells increase 50~% mana cast every 200 total mana spent recently.

It makes my Cyclone all of a sudden cost 300+ and I just get drained so fast on mana and I cannot spin at all and need to wait for the helmet mod to go away.

Do you encounter the same thing and if you do what do you do to prevent being mana starved like that?

Feel free to take a look at my build if you want to.
I have my HH on at but Im capped on resistances etc with my Stygian Vise
"
Warchas wrote:
Hey man! Im enjoying the build a lot so thanks for the build!

However one thing that keeps happening to make is the helmet mod that makes your spells increase 50~% mana cast every 200 total mana spent recently.

It makes my Cyclone all of a sudden cost 300+ and I just get drained so fast on mana and I cannot spin at all and need to wait for the helmet mod to go away.

Do you encounter the same thing and if you do what do you do to prevent being mana starved like that?

Feel free to take a look at my build if you want to.
I have my HH on at but Im capped on resistances etc with my Stygian Vise

Its the BIG flaw this Scion-MoM version has over the mines version. In any content where you don't have breaks your cyclone eventually drains you and your forced into breaks.

We don't have anyway in stopping the forced breaks but we can reduce the time waiting with mana regen, mana recovery rate and cindershallow. Its not a problem in most content but it get annoying in delve and delirium.

The key in those content is to break early so your tanky enough not to die during the break.
Last edited by magicdownunder on Oct 22, 2020, 8:03:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info