[3.12] Sunder - Fast Wave Speed + Big damage + Big AoE + Big Character Model

Intro
With 3.11, Sunder received a re-work which drastically altered its original fast playstyle.

In 3.12, Alternative Quality Sunder changed that.

I present to you, the 2-hand melee sunder (manual-attack glacial cascade).

Spoiler
Level 20 Anomalous Sunder = 35% reduced delay (Wave speed).
Enhance level 4 (level 6 in Atziri Disfavor) = 20% additional reduced delay (more Wave speed).
Helmet enchantment = 20% reduced delay (even more Wave speed).

TOTAL = 55% + 20% = 75% reduced delay.

The Gull + Blunderbore for 50% increased damage, 50% increased life and 50% increased AoE, STUN.

Also the Gull occasionally provides shrines with more attack speed/movement speed and resistance (max resistance ~80).

Pros
Big AoE.
Big Life.
Big resistances.
2-screen AWAY 1-shot SLAMS.

Cons
Requires Enhance as a support - switch with Close Combat/Ruthless support gem (need a white socket) for Bossing.
You still can't spam click and invest TOO much in attack speed (8+).
3-4 attacks per second is OK, you won't interrupt any waves when you have a level 4 (6) enhance in Disfavor. Higher than that will result in interrupted waves. However, missing the last wave of Sunder is STILL offscreen.

Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/t1SmS1K9
Get 100% increased mana regen (at least) on your gear or with passives.
This will give you an absurd Berserk uptime and Rage regen.

Gear

Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel (Akoya)
Replica Conqueror's efficiency (-mana QoL and Rage)

Upgrades/Options
Rare 2-hander (more damage the better, can also craft +2 socketed support gems for wave speed on enhance if you feel like wave moves too slow).

Rare helmet with "nearby enemies take # increased physical damage" in combination with other unique/rare armor of your choice.

Crit option also available, just less life.

Essentially any non-shrine version has better potential than this build in terms of raw DPS. Significantly less on the fun scale though.
Last edited by BertStayerr on Sep 30, 2020, 7:00:03 PM
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2020, 2:21:47 PM
It looks interesting. Can you shoot a video of the gameplay? And is it realistic to kill Sirius 8?)
I can't kill A8 deathless with the current setup, which is honestly a lazy version since I didn't bother to get mana regen on rings and just got them on the passive tree (wasting points).

I also didn't get immune to corrupted to blood on jewel or chaos resistance.

I've done A7 right now, which is the most watchstones I currently have.

In terms of video, I play on laptop and shooting videos while gaming is pretty brutal. I'll try and see if I can get one up but for at least gameplay to showcase the Sunder wave speed. If you are very interested, you are also welcome to PM me in game and I can run a map with you :).
Clear. Can you make a non-lazy version of the build?)
Hey men nice build!

Where do you put your lethal pride jewel tho?
Does'nt show in your POB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info