Two Factor Authentication

Yes. Played league (3.9 or .10), migrated to standard which I hadn't visited in awhile and best currency and trade items gone. Account hacked and looted. Did not get an email for out of area login. With 2FA this would not have happened.
"
Stubby83 wrote:
Yes. Played league (3.9 or .10), migrated to standard which I hadn't visited in awhile and best currency and trade items gone. Account hacked and looted. Did not get an email for out of area login. With 2FA this would not have happened.

You're sure you're not just opting to hide remove only tabs? That could explain it as well.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Stubby83 wrote:

You're sure you're not just opting to hide remove only tabs? That could explain it as well.

Nope. This was Standard Currency Tab not remove only currency tab from the league. When you open currency tab and see zero Exalt, Chaos, Sextants, and Chisels you know you've been hacked. Too awhile to figure out what I had for sale in trade where the gaps were. I think it was mostly 6-links and good jewels.
IP spoofer is easiest way to get around GGGs current 'security' method. Spoofing won't work with 2FA.

I believe my account email which I had for a long time was hacked. Updated to gmail account and made the gmail account 2FA to help prevent it being hacked and used to hack into POE.
Last edited by Stubby83 on Jan 15, 2021, 9:01:00 AM
PoE needs Apple id authentication.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
+1 for 2FA/MFA option to be added for account security.

The longer I play, the more MTX I buy, the more my Account gets worth.
I guess it would really be in the Interest of GGG to implement 2FA/MFA. Not like i heard of any Accounts being hacked/stolen, but reacting when you reach that point seems a bit late ...

And PLZZZZZ no 'PoE 2 is going to fix that' Comments, I am kind of getting fed up with everything being fixed in PoE 2, I am playing NOW and I am spending money on this Game NOW. I'd rather wait like a Year longer for PoE2 and have a playable/enjoyable PoE1 in the Meantime.

Just my 2 cents

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info