Two Factor Authentication

Is there any available? Or is GGG implementing this feature in the future?

I have Steam connected to PoE and Steam got Two Factor...

Also i have an email which someone can also login with and there is no Two Factor Authentication..

Or maybe sending a code to the email if we want to delete our character...

I think many people want such a function
Last edited by KingDarkness on Sep 30, 2020, 11:35:40 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2021, 5:08:14 AM
If you try to log in from somewhere you don't normally, your account will be auto-locked and you'll get an e-mail.

No idea how big the geo-fencing is.
Apparently, the "log from somewhere else" has some sort of thresholds and don't always resort on auto-lock.

The game expects you to always play from the same ISP Location. Of course this could not always be possible, so there is a little margin for coordinates of the ISP server you are using for your overall internet connection.

If you reach this margin, you will have a "soft-lock": your account won't be auto-locked, but you will be asked for your credentials again if you have saved them ingame. This happens when the new ISP is roughly inside the same city of your previous ISP Server.

if you stray too further (for example, your new ISP belongs to a new city, even inside your county), then your account will be auto-locked, you will have to re-enter credential and the unlocking code GGG will send to the mail you use for playing, in order to verify your identity.

This can be a hassle if you wish to play PoE at office during your... break time, if you use a flat for going to work and get back to your actual home during the weekend, or if you usually have to go back and forth from your grandparent's house during the week. That said, it also provides you an important safety layer if you value your ingame account. It should be possible to contact GGG in order to revoke the auto-locking for your account, but I have never tried.
Not sure I'd call it a hassle though. Most two-factors theses days require a confirmation via text or e-mail.
I want 24 factor authentication.
This is actually a pretty good suggestion. Having 2FA via a mobile authenticator would be a solid step forward in account security.
Having 2fa via authenticator is a must have nowadays, any company that doesn't use it is leaving customers vulnerable. Its not only simple to implement but a decent security solution to a problematic issue.
+1 for 2FA/MFA option to be added for account security.

Are people losing their accounts left and right? I haven't heard of it. Seems like a lot of effort to go to for such little gain.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Are people losing their accounts left and right? I haven't heard of it. Seems like a lot of effort to go to for such little gain.

/Facepalm, gosh please stop it already

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info