[3.15]-Pizza Sticks Reborn- 9.5k EHP+MAX ARCANE SHIELD+BIG BLOCK -1.5MIL SHAPER DPS-BUDGET FRIENDLY

<Updated for Expedition>

Why on earth...
It's a homage to my favourite build back in 2.(whenever it came out) and wanted to test whether or not it can stand up to today's standards.

POB - https://pastebin.com/FvH8AqDb

Pros
-Its a totem playstyle so very safe
-Relatively Cheap because of off meta skills
-9.5k EHP + 2k or so Arcane Cloak Buffer and 70/50 Block chance Attacks/Spells
-Big Booms
-EZ PZ levelling
-Insane Bossing
-100% reduced effect of curses

Cons
-Its a totem build
-B tier at best at clear
-Not Part of the Zoom Zoom Meta
-Your friends will laugh at you for playing with FlameBlast
-Running No Regen Maps is out of the question

GEMS
Spoiler

LEVELING
Spoiler

&/or

Support Skills while levelling

Once You get to Act 3 Swap Main Skill from

to
Until you transition to Totems

MAIN GEM SETUP (Bossing) - in order of importance (Inside a Soul Mantle)

Clearing Setup - in order of importance

Elemental Overload Proc + Curse

Movement Skills

Arcane Cloak - Enduring Cry / Arcane Surge Proccer

Auras

If you still have a gem slot available - Vaal Discipline is good on its own without running Discipline

Levelling
Spoiler
Level with either fire ball + LMP or freezing pulse + LMP - the pastebin is outdated but give you an idea of where to go.
https://pastebin.com/t4Yy9D19
Don't pick up staff nodes until you are looking to replace 2xApeps to upgrade your dps.

Bandits
KILL ALL

-Almost any elemental Spell will do the trick
-Dont level using spell totem as it's too clunky and slow.
-To level Very Fast with this build I used Frost Bomb - Controlled Destruction and Faster Casting in a +1 Level to Cold Gems (I think this has been nerfed since). Also Use Vitality and Clarity and just max them as you play.

-Once you hit 62 Buy 2

-Apeps with maximum Cast Speed will allow you to transition from self cast to totems - This is when you can also pick up Ancestral Bond (incinerate Totems for Clear and Flame Blast Totems for Bossing)

Current Gear - Stat Importance
Spoiler

Cast Speed -> Life -> MANA -> SPELL DAMAGE -> Energy Shield

Jewels - https://imgur.com/a/PqNKmxI - I cant figure out how to link them here without breaking the thread.

Flasks

VIDEO
Spoiler
On its way. Jebaited :)

For the uninitiated
Pizza Sticks = Flameblast Totems

Last edited by olympiakospk1 on Jul 23, 2021, 9:54:43 AM
Last bumped on Oct 4, 2021, 7:39:50 PM
Reserved for memes
Wow, this build looks amazing! Great fun, 10/10.

Also, what a throwback to the old pizza sticks build. I used to love that guide :)
Analomous Flameblast gives up to 40% conversion of fire to chaos for quality. Pair that with at least one The Consuming Dark dagger and Replica Volkuur's Guidance gloves (chaos damage can ignite version) and it may be a juicy chaos alternative. Also don't have to worry so much about removing res (although it's easier for fire compared to other elements) since it's chaos, and you can try to fit a wither setup in there for even more damage.

I do miss Pizza Sticks build though, back when I did it way way back. It felt too slow sadly, but it may be worth trying again.
Last edited by reciprocate on Sep 30, 2020, 6:41:14 AM
Yeah 100% that is the alternative way of playing it where you convert everything to Chaos and go for big ignite prolif booms - I'll probably give that a whirl after im done with this one :)!
"
olympiakospk1 wrote:
Yeah 100% that is the alternative way of playing it where you convert everything to Chaos and go for big ignite prolif booms - I'll probably give that a whirl after im done with this one :)!

The 90% more damage with ailments per stage and ability to get up at least 60% chance to poison with chaos damage a single consuming dark could be juicy for DoT damage too due to adding ignite and poison together.
Completely overlooked that - now im definitely going to make a poisoned pizza sticks haha
I'm basically playing this build because of how Blazing Salvo is bugged and both builds share a generic tree.

Cons of this build I've experienced:

- Because stuns and freezes are calculated with your low maximum life, you'll need Soul of the Brine King and freeze immunity (flasks/dream fragments etc.) to be safe. Sadly Eye/Presence of Chayula is a bad amulet for the build and totem builds can't benefit from the killed recently boot enchant.

- LL FB totem builds would have higher DPS because of easier access to 'more' multipliers

- Cannot do Hall of Grandmasters because of low totem health post-PVP damage scaling

Spell Totem - Wave of Conviction - Multiple Totems Support will allow you to apply fire exposure (-25% fire resistance) to enemies. Because the support gem grants +2 to maximum number of totems, your WoC totems will not die when you resummon your FB totems. You need Avatar of Fire to convert half of Arcane Cloak's flat lightning damage to fire (or else you'll apply lightning exposure). You'll lose the other half, but the converted half benefits from your sources of -fire res and Combustion Support, etc.

"
reciprocate wrote:
"
olympiakospk1 wrote:

The 90% more damage with ailments per stage and ability to get up at least 60% chance to poison with chaos damage a single consuming dark could be juicy for DoT damage too due to adding ignite and poison together.

I initially played chaos FB totems (75% conversion because 6L infernal mantle was like 10c). The poison damage is negligible. You don't need chaos conversion to run ele reflect to be honest.

This build can run any map mods if you don't use arcane cloak in no regen maps. You can substitute Steelskin for your left click. FB totems cost less than 20 mana when you have more than 3k mana. If you use Omeyocan for the 20% dodge/spell dodge, you'll need to sub in Dance of the Offered or other boots though.
Last edited by Crackulous on Oct 2, 2020, 4:53:46 AM
I just slapped together some gear for a LL version of the build - and although the damage is about 30-35% better the issue is dealing with chaos damage - i went along the path of building chaos resistance to 70-76%. You run into the issue that wasn't previously had - that chaos damage still bypasses your ES and MOM only works on the Life you haven't reserved. Essentially requiring a whole new build work around.
Last edited by olympiakospk1 on Oct 7, 2020, 8:49:02 AM
Ok so i got a few questions. 1 how much cast speed do i need for fb to be playable ? I donțt want to use incinerate setup. 2 im using 2x consuming dark alonside Anomalous fb so 100% fire to chaos dmg conv in this context what would i use insted of fire pen gem ? 3 why do you use 2x auras on a mind over matter build ? Is it worth it ? 4 using 2x consuming dark im thinking of hunting cast speed nodes insted of staff nodes to get cast speed
Thanks for the build itțs something interesting to play this league for a change !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info