Stop allowing people to see my online status if I don't accept their friend request

I find it pretty silly that a person can send me a friend request and still see my status even if I don't accept it

When I decline a friend invite that means I want nothing to do with them, and I'm tired of getting whispers from people that aren't on my friends list asking if I want to do maps etc

So, can you please remove this "feature"? I can't imagine any situation where it would be necessary to let literally anyone see if you are online and what you're doing.
Last bumped on Jul 26, 2016, 9:55:11 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
/dnd

Also this feature is how 99% of MMORPGs are handling this and its working as intended. There is 'dnd' for antisocial elitists like you.

Whats the point of having online only if all players will be hiding behind 'unavailable' tag?
There is no reason for hiding online ststus of players.. and if there is there is no reason for this game to be 'pseudo-MMO'.
"
KarraKurri wrote:
/dnd

Also this feature is how 99% of MMORPGs are handling this and its working as intended. There is 'dnd' for antisocial elitists like you.

Whats the point of having online only if all players will be hiding behind 'unavailable' tag?
There is no reason for hiding online ststus of players.. and if there is there is no reason for this game to be 'pseudo-MMO'.

Interesting. I think you have your game genres mixed up.

Anyway, I know I'm not the only one that has a problem with annoying people constantly whispering them for price checks etc and it would be really nice if I didn't have to block all whispers just because a few little kids want attention.
For the record, I agree with the OP. Why on earth someone can friend me when I decline the request is beyond me. Why even have the request then? Why not just call it "player tagging".
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Well u can put them to your ignore list. I found that usefull when it comes to trading other than that its a little bit delicate situation if u feel like OP.
Ignore lists only have so much space. It would be easier and cleaner to not have you show up after declining an friend request.
"
Ceykey wrote:
Well u can put them to your ignore list. I found that usefull when it comes to trading other than that its a little bit delicate situation if u feel like OP.

Considering I'm HC and the high level HC community is quite small, I would rather not ignore everybody. I just don't want to be slapped with 10 whispers within 30 seconds of logging in.
+1

Nothing is worse than doing a 70+ map and having a bunch of people who have me on their friend's list, who I have no idea who they are (because I declined the invite) ask to group up.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I figured if you declined someone it removed you from their friends list.

Still, from what I understand of this I should be sending random loot I find that is ilvl 20 to everyone who has posted int his thread :D

I WILL MAKE SO MANY FRIENDS
Another +1. No wonder i occasionally get whispers from randoms within minutes of loggin in. Why would you code the friends system like this in the first place? I cant see any positives to such a design at all, while the negatives are immediately obvious.

Itd also be nice to be able to disable those "online/offline" toasts for people on our friends list. They can obscure a pretty large chunk of the screen if your list is active and the lower part of the screen is already rather cluttered with ui bits to begin with.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info