Recording Heist From Level 3

love this!
Second-class poe gamer
Tbh couldn't care less never have the voices on anyways lmao.
Do care u nerfed karst so much it became worthless however.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Rekt_that wrote:
"
RareFN wrote:
"
girng wrote:
Stop using the coronavirus card, no one cares.

GGG, hire this guy! He knows how to make a full league during a pandemic way better than you

Have you heard of the saying

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Bang on. Simplicity is the key to success. Sadly, heist is a bloated mess of poor design decisions, a repeat from Harvest (the grove), and that is extremely worrisome. The game is suppose to improve over time, not digress. Game performance and stability is also worse than ever. As a result GGG inspires little confidence in making poe better with each new league. And if they can’t get PoE working properly in a good state, how can anyone expect POE2 to be any different?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
The chatter when planning a Grand a Heist is amazing, i'll leave it at that.
Fantastic job, Nick and all the voice actors! <3

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
stellar476 wrote:
1% of players care about lore and dialogue bullshit.

Got a survey to back up that figure? Or were you just pulling it out of your you know where?

Don't really need a survey to back that up, the genre of game people are playing justifies it enough. If a large majority of people actually wanted to play a story driven game lets be honest they wouldn't be playing Path of Exile nor Diablo or any aRPG alike, there is a reason why it's considered hack and slash, it's a grind fest genre, not story driven, in fact in end game there really is no story anymore just the objective of obtaining more riches and that is what all the leagues are about to be honest.. another way to obtain better and/or new loot and possibly to rise to the top of the leaderboards for people who actually care about that crap.

I mean I don't know about anyone else but when I think about a previous league the only thing that comes to my mind is the mechanics and how effective it was at obtaining loot, whether that method of obtaining it was satisfying and enjoyable. I don't think about the voice acting nor the story behind it as those don't really mean anything to me.
Last edited by firenovix on Sep 30, 2020, 10:33:06 AM
I had asked on twitter and BEX replied that its too expensive to hire voice actors for the MAIN GAME (exiles voice lines after act 4, various NPC updates, etc) But this post made it seem that YOU CAN INDEED do something more for the main game, I will always be a fan but QOL is sorely needed for Standard and I don't like the excuses as to why it cant happen
Heist's character banter is charming. You did good, and it elevates the league from a simple item farm.

Edit: Now that I think about it, POE's writing/acting/characterization are pretty much best in the genre.

I'll flat out say it eclipses Diablo II, for example. How dare I say that?

Well, the Diablo franchise up through II never had anything to say other than "demon bad". This was fine, and we accepted it as such. Then came III, and they tried to *complicate* the story, and the result was drivel; read like a fanfic.

It isn't easy to give a skinner box an involved and interesting narrative. Kudos to all who contribute to this.
Last edited by GoldRidley on Sep 30, 2020, 10:40:32 AM
Great Job, love the heist characters and their banter esp. Vinderi!
"
xMustard wrote:
for the future i HIGHLY suggest you anticipate that the lockdowns and restrictions will literally NEVER go away, and plan/adapt appropriately

Yeah exactly "anticipate" that you will be locked in a golden cage for the rest of your life!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info