(3.12) Flame Wall + Fireball Trickster: 5mm+ sDPS from DoTs (1 button clears)

How is anyone surviving red maps? I have 60+ chance to evade and acro/phase acro but rare mobs and heist reinforcements instagib me.
"
How is anyone surviving red maps? I have 60+ chance to evade and acro/phase acro but rare mobs and heist reinforcements instagib me.

In your case , the biggest stand-out is that your character has no apparent chaos resist. It's a wonder you got to red maps like that.

Personally, I decided Grace wasn't worth it and use a jade flask for evade instead, skipped EB, grabbed No Witnesses to get elusive and stack dodge and use Steelskin as my left-click to keep it up almost constantly, and have a Lv2 CWDT with a Lv4 Frost Shield as it synergizes well with shrouds.

Wanted to try a fireball build and your guide really helped me get started! Right now I am running a non-dodge variant using the Devouring Diadem and MoM.

Clear and boss damage are both very nice so far, can do T16 maps and all the conquerors (minus Sirius, haven't tried). The only thing is my character is really really squishy where I'd just get randomly oneshot out of nowhere. Maybe it's not tanky enough? Kind of considering the dodge variant since I usually play dodge characters anyway. What do you think? I'd love any suggestions, this is my first time crafting a build variant based on someone else.

PoB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/CgmPHuwr

In order to fit Herald of Fire, Malevolence, Skitterbots, and Flesh and Stone, I take Discord Artisan, 1 rmr node in the Sovereignty wheel, and 2 rmr corrupt jewels. Of course, all four of these auras are socketed into the Devouring Diadem.

If I were to switch to dodge, I'm thinking of replacing Flesh and Stone and Herald of Fire to Grace instead, and taking Acro + Phase Acro. Does Devouring Diadem fit into a dodge build?
"
jwn8175 wrote:
The only thing is my character is really really squishy where I'd just get randomly oneshot out of nowhere. Maybe it's not tanky enough? Kind of considering the dodge variant since I usually play dodge characters anyway. What do you think? I'd love any suggestions, this is my first time crafting a build variant based on someone else.

Yeah, it's a squishy build to begin with, and you're running without any spell defense aside from resists. No spell dodge other than Elusive, no spell block, no guard skill and no ES for defense. And your life pool is a bit low for your level.

Since the primary damage of the build is DoT, HoA isn't worth it IMO. I use Malevolence, Skitters and Vitality. Vitality synergizes with the massive recovery bonus from the ascendancy. I haven't tested Frost Shield with EB, but it should still work. Your lightning golem is basically useless for this build, so you can drop it for defensive the skills; if you really want a golem, switch to stone.

So in summary:
-Switch to dodge (don't forget a quartz flask)
-Get a guard skill (I recommend self-casting Steelskin on your left-click for max up time)
-Drop at least one aura for gem slots, and add Vitality
-Drop your golem to open gem slots
-Use Frost Shield (I recommend Lv4 with a Lv2 CWDT)
-Get more life
Came to say hi and to thank for the build idea.

The build is quick and easy to make, leveling up was cool, endgame is even better. Torching everything, leaving only ashes and dirt.

Some more defences would be cool, sometimes dying on some crap but its okay.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
I want to try this build in SSF. I have a searing touch(can use jewellers touch on it) and a 6L widowsilk robe. My question is which skill should I 6L first, fireball or flame wall?
Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121
Finally found a way to survive !

'Cause My gear sucks, I only have 3.8k hp, so I've alocated No witnesses node and dropped Eldrich bat to have my 1200+ Es to protect me.

I allocated sovereign to reduce mana reservation so I could keep Malevolenc and add clarity and stone Golem! (before stone golem I was using vitality so I had to de-activate Malevolence : Despite the Dot lost it felt very confortable and safe!)

Build done in standard so I dont have alternative gems (nor awakened ones)

I like this build ! My first trickster and feel ok so Far. Hope to grab some more lvl and gain better stuff and gems but already feeling far less squishy now :D

Also Hope to see the alternates gems in standard 'cause that was the point of exploring this build :D
Sacrified some dps to go down from 3.8k hp to 4.7... with 1.3 es added, it is better but note anought.

Hopping for harvest little mecanics to craft chaos res.

Good amulet but at 11 exa couldnt hope for one with good life roll... (there is none here lul)

Right now cannot put off this ring :

Because Too helpfull on dot side as you can see !

Curently using those flask but not stuck to them, I'll have to rethink about it :

I was lucky overhall , for the torso especially !

Last edited by Thonyzuka on Dec 6, 2020, 1:31:27 PM
Replaced the helm (and many oter thing after loosing cold resist)

For mana reservation finally replaced the 4 nods to sovereignty by Mystic Bulwark and Prodigal perfection. Aside from offering less reserved mana mecanically, I gain much mor pds on flame wall and fireball.

If one day I have awak supports I'll have to work a lot on mana reservation to keep vitality, Clarty and Malevolance.

But it insane to see how much a lvl25 flame wall and lvl27 fireBall goes up in dmg!

Also replaced

by

seems to work well.

Still lvl 94 and not solved hp mater though.
Hello and thanks for this guide,

I rolled a fb ignite trickster recently and got hooked.
Played to 96 and enjoying the build. Some random one shots cannot be avoided with the content I do + the connection and hardware I have.

One thing I was wondering is that you are recommending Medium Clusters with Burning Bright + Blowback. I was able to get my hands on 2 with Blowback + Wasting Affliction and was wondering if this mod combination should be better because Dealing damage faster is superior to Fire dot?

thanks again and keep it up!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info