(3.12) Flame Wall + Fireball Trickster: 5mm+ sDPS from DoTs (1 button clears)

Cheap to make?
Well, this saved me time building from scratch. I'm going to focus on Flame Wall, scrap Fireball, use EE, and take all the saved slots and make a CWDT setup that triggers the WoC + Hextouch + Flammability + Combustion + Purifying Flame (for consecrated ground). And I'll use the remaining slots for a CWDT + guard skill + Storm Brand (to proc EE), unless it turns out better to self-cast. And Vitality for the last slot to take advantage of our big regen bonus; at least until I can afford running Malevolence + Skitter + Grace all at once with an appropriate Watchers Eye. Using level 1 WoC, Purifying Flame and Storm Brand will make the build reflect viable, which I need since reflect kills me more than anything else.

Also, replacing Enhance on the Flame Dash with level 8 Arcane Surge for an easy 14% damage boost.

And after playing with the builder a bit, I think skipping the grouping between Fangs of the Viper and Coldhearted and going for No Witnesses to stack dodge is more effective for defense (and move speed). Until I can add Grace, I'm going to run this modified tree, which doesn't need Eldritch Battery and should be more tanky: pastebin.com/7guLW7CV
Last edited by OmniscientlyMe on Oct 19, 2020, 1:52:34 AM
I'm saving for a 6L chest and can't be blowing a ton of dough on cluster jewels yet. Assuming I have the left side of the tree filled out like I should, where should I go?
"
BabyTempest wrote:
Cheap to make?

Nah. Stunningly expensive to get any decent DPS.
FWIW you can get dual Replica Emberwake rings and it'll give you a similar damage boost to The Searing Touch. I'm probably going to go with that instead of 2 6Ls because I don't want to give up the life and resistance rolls on my shield.

This is my helmet for Flame Wall, going to try to get a 6L helm at some point.
"

just keep in mind that concentrated effect doesn't affect flamewalls secondary damage over time - at all.
it shows it in PoB (for whatever reason) but in game it does not
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 28, 2020, 1:28:45 AM
Well, that's another dream of mine crushed.
"
xMustard wrote:
"

just keep in mind that concentrated effect doesn't affect flamewalls secondary damage over time - at all.
it shows it in PoB (for whatever reason) but in game it does not

Yeah, and if you're going the EE route like me, you have to watch out for the double EE bug when using Malachai's Artifice in PoB .

That reminds me, this is my pretty much finalized version of the pure Flame Wall - EE version of this build I've been working on. https://pastebin.com/TdLe3E6h It doesn't require a 2H weapon, which may interest you.

Crazy ass 12M DoT potential. We'll see if I get there, since I'm SSF and have a bad habit of getting bored sticking with the same play style for too long.
"
Yeah, and if you're going the EE route like me, you have to watch out for the double EE bug when using Malachai's Artifice in PoB .

That reminds me, this is my pretty much finalized version of the pure Flame Wall - EE version of this build I've been working on. https://pastebin.com/TdLe3E6h It doesn't require a 2H weapon, which may interest you.

Crazy ass 12M DoT potential. We'll see if I get there, since I'm SSF and have a bad habit of getting bored sticking with the same play style for too long.

ya a heavy good fucking luck getting that type of gear even in trade league lol. hell, even in harvest league.

flame wall is crazy good though. another thing to keep in mind, if its your main ability (which would be very annoying) is flame wall doesn't hit, so its very easy to proc EE for it.

i have my own fireball/flamewall build, and its incredible. i may even write up my own guide for it because it has about 3-3.5m total dps but its built to be very tanky, which it is.

but anyway i did one experiment with a manaRF character using flame wall as dmg instead of scorching ray. worked very well, can get upwards of 5m total dps, but i dislike clearing with RF. and i just don't think it holds a candle to my fireball build so ya

now im just playing around with other options and build ideas i have to see if anything suites my fancy.

flamewall is incredible though. and since it augments all projectiles i mean shit you can use it even with things like ED/contagion and soulrend or even caustic arrow (but you won't have any spell dmg scaling with that).

i hope they buff scorching ray in some regard to compensate
Yeah, my more realistic expectation is 7M-8M. I have been using as my main and the only content I find problematic so far is Legion (when they're all frozen); everything else can be baited to the flames or exploded with Infernal Cry. If I can manage an explody chest, it will basically be a one-click wonder.

Truth is, I missed the last bit of the Flame Wall description that mentioned projectiles carrying the secondary debuff until a few days ago, since I was focusing on the added damage impacting EE and being a reflect threat. I'll have to do some experimentation to see what works best for me.
Last edited by OmniscientlyMe on Oct 30, 2020, 2:40:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info