Floating combat text

No matter how stupid it may look or actually be, having the option is never a bad thing.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
will this be gated under 4$ a pop?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
because you would rather look at numbers than at the skill animations?
"
mOr5 wrote:
No! Please, don't!
That's too much of an MMOG-/Epic-RPG (a la BG) thing to include into PoE. Plus: needless chaos on screen should be avoided, as in some circumstances, there WILL be chaos anyway and one should not overdo it.

Wich is especially true when have a party going aoe bonkers. If you didn't have FPS issues from before, now whould probably be the case. Now ofcourse this can vary from a range of things, but I do think atleast having the option there can be benefitial.
*bump. Almost 5 years later and a good majority is still waiting for FCT. any word yet GGG?

<3

P.S Merry christmas
Last edited by Zyph3rx on Dec 18, 2016, 12:36:38 AM
They could just make it a Weapon Effect like Extra Gore.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
BrianWeissman wrote:
Floating combat text(FCT) is something that a lot of people 1. enjoy and 2. expect from a game in this genre. There are also definitely people who don't like it, and would never choose to have it enabled.

However, we're trying to appeal to as wide a community as possible, so it's quite likely that POE will eventually have three different options for FCT. The first would be the default, which is "Off". The second would be a version that merely shows your critical hits as FCT, possibly with the additional note of "Critical". The third option would be complete FCT, that shows all damage dealt, as well as misses and blocks.

There are valid arguments for all three types of FCT, so we'll try to arrive at something that pleases the most people. Hope that makes you guys happy!

Hi, I'm just wondering if a fourth option would be possible: "Player," which would be complete but only involving hits on the player - this prevents clearing maps being a clusterfudge of numbers, while still letting the player see when they're taking big hits or small hits, or blocking or dodging, in turn letting them know how consistent their survival should be.
Last edited by Jonmcdonald on Dec 18, 2016, 2:46:16 AM
Hi all. Just want to bump.
It's still incredibly needed feature.
"
fasikkun wrote:
Hi all. Just want to bump.
It's still incredibly needed feature.

apart from the destroyed immersion, syncing damage numbers to the client would be a waste of bandwidth and support money.

additionally, ggg put so much efforts into performance improvements, they would be crazy to waste that with new effects.

and no, these features aren't optional. like health bars you have a disadvantage if you play the game and want to keep immersion intact.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Can we please add damage meters and other stuff like that then?

Cos I really wanna see how much deeps I am doing I think it is a needed feature!!!! PLZ GGG Everyone will love it I am sure!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info