Floating combat text

Combat in this game is actually quite a bit slower-paced than the Diablo franchise. That's not to say it's at a snail's pace, but it is more relaxed when it comes to speed. Again, it feels like Titan Quest to me(which makes sense).

With that said, FCT is possible whilst being unobtrusive entirely. The text size shouldn't be an issue if kept small enough but still legible, and using various colors for the various effects.

A toggle option is a great idea, and a lot of games typically include it. GGG could very easily implement this and adjust it so it's not a royal pain in the ass to have on screen.
Plz NO! dont implement something like that not even as something optional, this thing will destroy the whole feeling of the game and it doesn't matter if I can close it off this thing will start appear in screen shots & videos, STAY AWAY! from this crap.

The only thing we need is combat dmg logs somewhere in the chat window I want to see the difference of my normal & critical hits mostly for that, dont add generic MMORPG shit in a dark action rpg as PoE it will ruin the game.
Last edited by rpgmaniac on May 1, 2012, 10:59:55 AM
"
rpgmaniac wrote:
Plz NO! dont implement something like that not even as something optional, this thing will destroy the whole feeling of the game and it doesn't matter if I can close it off this thing will start appear in screen shots & videos, STAY AWAY! from this crap.

The only thing we need is combat dmg logs somewhere in the chat window I want to see the difference of my normal & critical hits mostly for that, dont add generic MMORPG shit in a dark action rpg as PoE it will ruin the game.

So because you don't like it it should not be optional for the people who do?

The arrogance >.<
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
rpgmaniac wrote:
dont add generic MMORPG shit in a dark action rpg as PoE it will ruin the game.

Not sure if trolling....
"
xendhaius wrote:

Titan Quest
Torchlight 1 & 2
Divine Divinity/Divinity II: Ego Draconis (I dont recall Beyond Divinity having it or not)

All had floating combat text. Titan Quest being the gem as it was toggle-able.

As for my take on it, I would not personally use it. However, as a toggle-able option, you appease both crowds. Win-Win for everyone.

Yeah, the toggle in TQ was perfect. Even when it was on, the font was small and duration was short, it was much less distracting than Torchlight.

From posts here, apparently D3 has FCT - does it have a toggle?
not enough time for gaming!
I very much doubt it has a toggle in D3.
That said, it looked cool, and I'll probably turn it onsomewhere after normal difficulty.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

rpgmaniac has, in the past, shown a distinct inability to express their love for PoE without giving it a new definition: Pissed Off Extremist. They clearly didn't read the part where most of us are calling for it to be an option. I'm only interested in seeing floating crits, because the ego boost is really quite nice, whereas some people might like more info for their testing purposes and build fine-tuning. And some people still, like rpgmaniac, might not want to see it at all.

I repeat: three options -- off, crits, full.

Who loses with this? Who amongst you finds this utterly abhorrent, and why?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
@Charan's last sentence: Inb4 rpgmaniac.

Regarding critical hits, I'd rather we have something else, like blood splatter and spray.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe charan is referring to seeing the size of the crits, not just knowing that you crit.

Although a combination could also be possible ofcourse. :P
Blood splatter + a huge pop-up.

Last edited by Tagek on May 1, 2012, 5:46:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info