Floating combat text

Hey there people , i was wondering if this is a thing that is planned to be implemented in the game, or if it isnt can you atleast get it into a possible later on implementation? Since this is a really nice bonus to the overall feel of the gameplay not just for me i guess , but for alot of people.

Cheers and keep up the really nice work GGG ;)
Finnaly back in Wraeclast after a few months :)
Nerfme
Last edited by Hoolilol on April 25, 2012 3:06 AM
No! Please, don't!
That's too much of an MMOG-/Epic-RPG (a la BG) thing to include into PoE. Plus: needless chaos on screen should be avoided, as in some circumstances, there WILL be chaos anyway and one should not overdo it.
I'd like the OPTION but that's because I'd like to gauge how much damage reduction my enemies have.

O course that only becomes useful with armor/resistance piercing effects. Which we don't have in prolific numbers IIRC
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I don't think this is necessary. If your enemies aren't being killed in one shot, you're doing something wrong!
"
mOr5 wrote:
Plus: needless chaos on screen should be avoided, as in some circumstances, there WILL be chaos anyway and one should not overdo it.


I wonder if you know the word: "OPTIONAL" ?
That means you'd be able to turn it off !
Don't see the harm of including it as an optional thing. That way you cater to a wider audience.
*WARNING* - expect typos!
"
Don't see the harm of including it as an optional thing. That way you cater to a wider audience.


Same. Some people enjoy alot of text on their screens, i wouldnt mind some minimalistic floating text on my screen as long as its optional.
Add in some filters and you have a happy community
I swear people are either trying to troll or want this to be Diablo 3. These suggestions are too fishy.
"
xxnoob wrote:
I swear people are either trying to troll or want this to be Diablo 3. These suggestions are too fishy.


Sorry but i don't see where you get your assumptions from.
I think it's a good suggestion as long as it stays optional, you guys act like you'd be forced to use combat text.
"
aitalar wrote:
"
xxnoob wrote:
I swear people are either trying to troll or want this to be Diablo 3. These suggestions are too fishy.


Sorry but i don't see where you get your assumptions from.
I think it's a good suggestion as long as it stays optional, you guys act like you'd be forced to use combat text.


Because I see suggestions being made here that are elements straight out of D3.

This is not the first one.
Last edited by xxnoob on April 30, 2012 5:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info