[3.15] Purifying Flame Miner | Surviving the Nerf Fest | League Start Viable | All Content Cleared

Just deathlessed The Breachlord maven fight with this build and couldn’t be happier :). Highly recommend 10% elem pen lab enchant on atziri boots and swapping arma brand for wave of conviction w/ hextouch flammability and combustion— used awakened elemental focus on PF instead and it tied together nicely. Also highly suggest Cinderswallow Urn for general map QOL and extra damage with ignite. Lastly I’ve dropped arcane surge for clarity and snagged a Watcher Eye with 15% chance of mana gain on skill use— don’t need mana flasks, even in boss fights.

Pob quotes 1.7m DPS per mine w/o flasks and I average 8/second, so it’s a base 15m DPS and up to 22m with Cinder, Wise Oak (future bottled faith), and diamond flask.
Last edited by MagaFortOss on May 22, 2021, 9:06:32 PM
looks pretty legit, any recomendations? iwill start this as leaguestarter, like any ez uniques to buy while leveling ? or some like that.
"
yyyiiyyy wrote:
looks pretty legit, any recomendations? iwill start this as leaguestarter, like any ez uniques to buy while leveling ? or some like that.

Part of the beauty of the build is not needing (or really benefiting) from too many early uniques at league start. Just keep your resists and health high and melt all the content. For end game 1. Tremor Rod 2. Kaoms. 3. Atziri's step and when available, Xoph's Blood.
Whats with the mana cost? in PoB is it 64 and unreserved Mana is 481..
64*20 = 1280 so I think that is important or am I wrong?

That would mean that I should have 1280+ unreserved Mana at minimum.. right?
How exactly are we shocking and chilling while having Avatar of Fire? Pob doesent show it either.

Edit: nvm just being stupid and cant remove my comment
Last edited by Hoybom on Jul 22, 2021, 10:03:37 AM
Last edited by p_krawczyk on Jul 22, 2021, 4:57:16 PM
"
Ali333n wrote:

You're not wrong. The increase to mana multipliers across the board has greatly inflated the mana reservation on mines. I'm not entirely sure what can be done to mitigate it, and it doesn't seem like the author of this thread has changed anything in order to fix that on their PoB. Replacing Empower with Inspiration would be a damage hit, but it would also be a drastic decrease in mana reservation. Swapping those two around on PoB lowers the cost from 64 to 44, which is still relatively high taking into consideration how much (or little) unreserved mana this build has, but slightly better nonetheless.
"
Astroelmeria wrote:
"
Ali333n wrote:

You're not wrong. The increase to mana multipliers across the board has greatly inflated the mana reservation on mines. I'm not entirely sure what can be done to mitigate it, and it doesn't seem like the author of this thread has changed anything in order to fix that on their PoB. Replacing Empower with Inspiration would be a damage hit, but it would also be a drastic decrease in mana reservation. Swapping those two around on PoB lowers the cost from 64 to 44, which is still relatively high taking into consideration how much (or little) unreserved mana this build has, but slightly better nonetheless.

I'll take a look at this as soon as I get home. Increased multipliers were missed when doing this update. Could be another damage hit.
"
I'll take a look at this as soon as I get home. Increased multipliers were missed when doing this update. Could be another damage hit.

I've been playing mines for the past few leagues and I'm honestly kind of at a loss on how to solve this. There's a build someone else posted with a LL setup that has a good amount of mana built-in that ends up with a lot of unreserved mana that will largely go unaffected by it. Getting to that point, however, might be somewhat difficult on a non-LL build, so I asked the author the same question about what he plans on doing regarding the mana cost prior to the LL swap. I do hope someone out there has a better solution than actually getting forcefully cornered into a mix of Efficient Explosives anoint + Inspiration + removing an aura.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
Astroelmeria wrote:
"
Ali333n wrote:

Could craft -7--6 mana cost to non-channelling skills. so -14 mana or -21 mana if we drop Xoph's for a Rare amulet + using Anomalous Trap and Mine damage will give us a mana cost of 37 from 64. It's not enough for 20 places mines though but would mean we'd only need 740 unreserved mana instead of 1,280.
Last edited by Erichan on Jul 22, 2021, 10:00:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info