[3.12] Elementalist - Selfcast Firestorm UNLEASHED

"
xHawkEyeBRx wrote:
Hi decided to make your build which i'm in love but i have some concerns in the new PoB,your old one are far better than this current because you spended a lot of points in crit chance/crit multi in the new one which is easily solved with the amulet ungil's harmony rolled in 350% crit or near that instead of spending
a lot points to give less crit chance coming with crit multi which is useless for us because of elemental overload.

Ahhh shit my bad, this was a mistake, I must have pasted the wrong POB link. I was answering some questions on stream on how you would go crit, dont know how it got in here.

Anyway, I fixed the POB link. Thanks for pointing it out.

"
Vipu wrote:
Why in the updated POB there is that small cluster of crit multi? Does it do anything for this build?

Nope, I just fucked up the link. Updated with the correct one now.
Last edited by Seeders on Sep 21, 2020, 12:13:26 PM
IGN: Vipu
"
Sevis wrote:
Just an FYI to anyone who wants to try this as a league starter:

I started with a selfcast firestorm assassin and I gave up on it after a weekend of smashing my head against the wall. I'll switch to armageddon brand as that will require the least amount of re-speccing I can think of.

My conclusion is I just don't like the rework, and I really tried to. The main issue is the 3 storm limit. It puts the skill in a very small box of ways that you can scale it and use it.

I agree with the author of this guide that even though unleash basically deletes your base cast, it still is the best feeling support gem/way to play self cast. That said, getting "additional seals" is completely pointless. I also tried intensify and fire storm just required way too much repositioning to make use of it.

Without those 2, my idea was basically to scale cast speed and have a bunch of first meteors hitting and then have this continuous overlay of 3 fire storm small meteors hitting. The reality is that it's just too unreliable, and most targets are not stationary for you to really take advantage of the skill.

It just feels bad, and it felt extremely terrible in Heists. I think Firestorm might be ok once you get gear, and it will probably be a decent skill against endgame bosses because of their much more stationary nature. I just hate it as a league starter, and I just can't stand the 3 storm limit. It's entirely too small. It makes you feel bad for scaling your character in any way other than Damage and Crit.

The one positive that I like about the rework is that it feels much better for moving around the map and clearing. It gets its damage on the target much better and faster than before.

Another suggestion would be to give this spell the projectile treatment similar to rain of arrows. It would be great to be able to scale projectile speed.

Well I can't really agree. It's been extremely satisfying for me dumping meteors and deleting bosses, red beasts, metamorphs, whatever. The large packs that group up in bottle necks are good targets for using infernal cry and decoy totem. Throw out the totem, cry, then blow them up.
Hey man, my bro will be starting with your build. I hope you update and develop it further to be more clean for those like me and my brother who is new in the game. So far I have seen that Pob shows very low DPS but I assume its coz of misscalculation on POB
"
Elloktrik wrote:
Hey man, my bro will be starting with your build. I hope you update and develop it further to be more clean for those like me and my brother who is new in the game. So far I have seen that Pob shows very low DPS but I assume its coz of misscalculation on POB

I will work on expanding the leveling process and low budget end game options. If you have any specific questions or problems that you dont know how to solve I'll be happy to help.
"
Seeders wrote:
"
xHawkEyeBRx wrote:
Hi decided to make your build which i'm in love but i have some concerns in the new PoB,your old one are far better than this current because you spended a lot of points in crit chance/crit multi in the new one which is easily solved with the amulet ungil's harmony rolled in 350% crit or near that instead of spending
a lot points to give less crit chance coming with crit multi which is useless for us because of elemental overload.

Ahhh shit my bad, this was a mistake, I must have pasted the wrong POB link. I was answering some questions on stream on how you would go crit, dont know how it got in here.

I looked at your character for gear ideas and you aren't using Ungil's Harmony which means you probably have a very low crit chance since your new tree does take any crit nodes. Which means that elemental overload does not activate for you that often.

I have 20.2% crit chance with Ungil's Harmony and still feel like it doesn't activate as often as I'd like it to.
Last edited by leopard2lx on Sep 21, 2020, 9:02:12 PM
"
leopard2lx wrote:
"
Seeders wrote:
"
xHawkEyeBRx wrote:

I looked at your character for gear ideas and you aren't using Ungil's Harmony which means you probably have a very low crit chance since your new tree does take any crit nodes. Which means that elemental overload does not activate for you that often.

I have 20.2% crit chance with Ungil's Harmony and still feel like it doesn't activate as often as I'd like it to.

This is a great point. I just swapped out conc effect from armageddon brand and put in increased crit gem. With Ungil's Harmony I'm sitting at 42% crit chance.

I may end up swapping my quicksilver for a diamond flask so i dont have to use ungils. Will think about it more.

Thank you sir, you're an actual God gamer.
Last edited by Seeders on Sep 21, 2020, 11:17:12 PM
Hello again, Lvl 75 so far, Build is doing great I did a bit of a twist to the tree (including the 50% ele dmg node in the wheel near templar)

Thinking of including Unwavering stance/+1 max fire res soon
Also the +1 Max All Res close to Marauder down the line *Soul of steel* (will need some points investment)

let me know what u think :)

My Current POB : https://pastebin.com/XSvdVKPW
Last edited by hishmo on Sep 22, 2020, 3:26:27 AM
Which Pantheons would you recommend to use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info